It's a big day. There's a spot in the National League today that will have us in our first baseball game of the season. At least in part, this move will be made because of BROOMOLOGY, but we won't be playing on the run line. It just doesn't make any sense to do so. The team favored in the game is the one in danger of being swept, and they're at home. And over the last 5 years, a home favorite in BROOMOLOGY only hits at a 42.1% rate. Here we go.
D-BACKS (MILEY -200) over Pirates (Sanchez) - Johnathan Sanchez was sharp in his first start of the season for the Pirates, so I expect him to revert more to form today. This is a guy that's had lots of command and control problems over the years, and many of the Snakes are very familiar with him because of his time in San Fran.
BROOMOLOGY (2-5 ATS & 2-5 SU so far for the week)
Road Dogs (2-3 ATS & 2-3 SU so far for the week)
1. Twins (+1 1/2) at ROYALS
2. Rays (+1 1/2) at RANGERS
3. Rockies (+1 1/2) at GIANTS
Home Dog (0-1 ATS & SU so far for the week)
MARLINS (+1 1/2) vs. Braves
Home Favorite (0-1 ATS & SU so far for the week)
D-BACKS (-1 1/2) over Pirates
THE NBA (5-5 ATS/7-3 SU/3-7 TOTALS last night and 11-8/12-7/6-13 so far for the week)
BUTTA (2-0 last night and 3-0 so far for the week)
I'm not ready to make a commitment right now, but I'm looking closely at the Nuggets at home against the Spurs. I'll let you know if/when I'm going to make a move.
ALL THE REST
1. MAGIC (+4 1/2, U201 1/2) 98, Bucks 86
2. Pistons (+1 1/2, U198 1/2) 94, CAVS 90
3. 76ERS (+3, O190 1/2) 101, Hawks 90
4. WIZARDS (-2, U189) 95, Heat 83
5. Nets (+3 1/2, O192) 107, CELTICS 106
6. MAVS (-13, O204 1/2) 115, Suns 102
7. Hornets (+6, U202) 101, KINGS 97
8. Lakers 105, BLAZERS (+5 1/2, O202 1/2) 105
9. NUGGETS (-3 1/2, U204 1/2) 104, Spurs 85
10. Wolves (+12, O202 1/2) 105, CLIPPERS 101
Once again, some ugly looking games tonight. It's that time of year in The Association. There are some huge ones though, primarily in Boston, Denver and Portland. Thank God baseball is back in business. Have a great day, and I'll see you tomorrow.