1. Florida State (8-1, 5-1 ACC; LW: No. 1) -- The Seminoles come off the bye with an expectancy to put up big numbers against an ailing Virginia Tech team. Next up: at Virginia Tech, Thursday, 7:30 p.m. ET (ESPN).
2. Clemson (8-1, 5-1; LW: No. 2) -- Tajh Boyd has thrown 10 touchdowns in his last two first halves. The Tigers are always ready to score big early, which makes it difficult for opponents to stick with their game plan. Next up: vs. Maryland, Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET (ESPN2).
4. Miami (5-4, 4-3; LW: No. 7) -- This is beginning to get a little tiring. It seems as if no one wants to take a lead in the Coastal. The Hurricanes control their own destiny, but a loss to either Virginia or Duke seems fitting (and almost inevitable) at this point. Next up: at Virginia, Saturday, 12 p.m. ET (ABC).
5. Virginia Tech (4-5, 2-3; LW: No. 5) -- Logan Thomas is killing his chances in the draft and the Hokies' defense isn't playing at a high level. Still, there's no other team below that I'd pick over them...right now. Next up: vs. Florida State, Thursday, 7:30 p.m. ET (ESPN).
6. Duke (6-4, 3-3; LW: No. 6) -- Stagnant in the rankings are the Blue Devils, who have lost their last two games by a total of 77 points. Only in the ACC. And maybe the Big East. [but mainly the ACC] Next up: BYE
7. North Carolina State (5-4, 2-3; LW: No. 4) -- Tom O'Brien will find himself on the outside looking in and quick if the Wolf Pack don't win at least the next two of three. Next up: vs. Wake Forest, Saturday, 3 p.m. ET (RSN).
8. Wake Forest (5-4, 3-4; LW: No. 9) -- Now winners of two of three, the Demon Deacons will attempt to become bowl eligible on the road in a tough environment. Next up: at North Carolina State, Saturday, 3 p.m. ET (RSN).
9. Georgia Tech (4-5, 3-3; LW: No. 10) -- Well, Georgia Tech was able to contain a freshman linebacker playing quarterback. Kudos. Next up: at North Carolina, Saturday, 12:30 p.m. ET (ACC Network).
10. Virginia (3-6, 1-4; LW: No. 12) -- Three more wins and the Cavs could find themselves in a race for the roller Coastal. Probably not, but wouldn't that be something. Next up: vs. Miami, Saturday, 12 p.m. ET (ABC).
11. Boston College (2-7, 1-5; LW: No. 11) -- B.C.'s one-game winning streak (a season high) was put to a screeching halt as it sputtered against Wake Forest, 28-14. Next up: vs. Notre Dame, Saturday, 8 p.m. ET (ABC).
12. Maryland (4-4. 2-3; LW: No. 8) -- It's evident that the Terrapins won't be competitive offensively with their given circumstance. An unfortunate situation for a team that made some obvious progress. Next up: at Clemson, Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET (ESPNU).
Follow @Tyler_Waddell on Twitter