It's all going to come down to the final week, or so it seems. The Cardinals' chances of a potential Orange Bowl berth — and a likely matchup with Florida State — could be determined against Rutgers, as long as they don't slip in between. Next up: at Syracuse, Saturday, 12 p.m. ET (ABC).
2. Rutgers (7-1, 4-0; LW: No. 2) -- A week off gave Rutgers time to think about what they did — or didn't do — against Kent State. Now the Scarlet Knights have to get by Army before attempting to get through Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and Louisville unscathed. Next up: vs. Army, Saturday, 12 p.m. ET (ESPNU).
3. Cincinnati (6-2, 2-1; LW: No. 3) -- Munchie Legeaux was benched for Brendon Kay, who led the Bearcats' offense to some impressive scoring drives. Coach Butch Jones needs one of the two to step up big this weekend. Next up: at Temple, Saturday, 12 p.m. ET (Big East Network).
4. Pittsburgh (4-5, 1-3; LW: No. 4) -- The Panthers took a 14-point lead into the fourth quarter on the road over No. 3 Notre Dame. A few minutes and a couple overtimes later, and that lead became a loss. Pitt has greatly improved since Week 6, but continues to show much more room for growth. Next up: at Connecticut, Friday, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN).
5. Syracuse (4-5, 3-2; LW: No. 5) -- Ryan Nassib threw for 286 yards, but the Orangemen were unable to hold onto their halftime lead and fell to Cincinnati, 35-24. Next up: vs. Louisville, Saturday, 12 p.m. ET (ABC).
6. Temple (3-5, 2-3; LW: No. 6) -- Despite returning the opening kickoff for a touchdown and then jumping to an early 14-7 lead, the Owls were unable to muster much of anything from the second quarter on and allowed Teddy Bridgewater to throw for five TDs. Next up: vs. Cincinnati, Saturday, 12 p.m. ET (Big East Network).
7. South Florida (3-6, 1-4; LW: No. 8) -- Beating Connecticut gave the Bulls their first Big East win of the year, but it came at a cost: Starting quarterback B.J. Daniels broke his ankle and will miss the rest of the season. Next up: BYE
8. Connecticut (3-6, 0-4; LW: No. 7) -- The Huskies have scored an average of 8.3 points over their last four games. The result? Four losses. Next up: vs. Pittsburgh, Friday, 8 p.m. ET
Follow @Tyler_Waddell on Twitter