2. LSU (7-2, 3-2; LW: No. 2) -- Despite a loss — on a last-second drive to the No. 1 team in college football — the Tigers stay put in the second spot. I like their chances to win out and make an appearance in a BCS bowl. Next up: vs. Mississippi State, Saturday, 7 p.m. ET (ESPN).
3. Georgia (8-1, 6-1; LW: No. 3) -- The Dawgs have a pretty easy road to the SEC championship game. An inevitable matchup with Alabama won't be so easy. Next up: at Auburn, Saturday, 7 p.m. ET (ESPN2).
4. Florida (8-1, 7-1; LW: No. 4) -- Jeff Driskel and the Gators' pass offense has really struggled over the last two games, combining for just 297 yards and a touchdown. Next up: vs. LA-Lafayette, Saturday, 12:21 p.m. ET (SEC Network).
5. South Carolina (7-2, 5-2; LW: No. 5) -- It's never a good time to lose your star running back, but if it was going to happen, this is the best way. The Gamecocks had a bye week to re-adjust their offensive approach and prepare for Arkansas. Next up: vs. Arkansas, Saturday, 12 p.m. ET (CBS).
6. Texas A&M (7-2, 4-2; LW: No. 6) -- Johnny Manziel has been outstanding against average defensive units. Let's see what he can do against the nation's best. Next up: at Alabama, Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET (CBS).
7. Mississippi State (7-2, 3-2; LW: No. 7) -- Three losses in a row could be the case for Mississippi State, which limps into Death Valley after being outscored 76-20 over its last two games. Next up: at LSU, Saturday, 7 p.m. ET (ESPN).
8. Arkansas (4-5, 2-3; LW: No. 10) -- The search for a new coach to replace John L. Smith has started, and he will be replaced even if the Razorbacks somehow defeat the odds and manage to go bowl-ing. Next up: at South Carolina, Saturday, 12 p.m. ET (CBS).
9. Ole Miss (5-4, 2-3; LW: No. 8) -- The Rebels took an early 10-point lead over Georgia only to have it squandered away in a second-half meltdown. Still, another win will make them postseason bound.Next up: vs. Vanderbilt, Saturday, 7 p.m. ET (ESPNU).
10. Tennessee (4-5, 0-5; LW: No. 9) -- Coach Dooley is sitting on flames, and his 55-48 win over Troy doesn't help extinguish them. Tennessee needs to finish strong with three wins over mediocre SEC opponents. Next up: vs. Missouri, Saturday, 12:21 p.m. ET (SEC Network).
11. Vanderbilt (5-4, 3-3; LW: No. 11) -- Vandy has quietly won three games in a row and the defense has been stellar. A fourth would make the Commodores bowl eligible for a second straight year. Next up: at Ole Miss, Saturday, 7 p/m/ ET (ESPNU).
12. Missouri (4-5, 1-5; LW: No. 12) -- The return of QB James Franklin from injury was supposed to ignite an offense that had been struggling mightily. Instead it made things worse. Next up: at Tennessee, Saturday, 12:21 p.m. ET (SEC Network).
13. Auburn (2-7, 0-6; LW: No. 13) -- Gene Chizik's days as the head coach are limited. The Tigers might as well start looking to the future all-around, beginning with the development of their underclassmen. Next up: vs. Georgia, Saturday, 7 p.m. ET (ESPN2).
14. Kentucky (1-9, 0-7; LW: No. 14) -- Joker Phillips will not be retained at season's end. Do Bobby Petrino and Jim Tressel top the list as a potential replacement? Next up: BYE
Follow @Tyler_Waddell on Twitter