1. Florida State (4-0, 2-0 ACC; LW: No. 2) -- QB E.J. Manuel led his team to a huge win over Clemson on a national stage, all while establishing legitimate contention for the Heisman trophy and setting his team on a path for the conference title game. Next up: at South Florida, Saturday, 6 p.m. ET (ESPN).
2. Clemson (3-1, 0-1; LW: No. 1) -- Hey, you win some and you lose some. Clemson just happened to lose the game that it really, really needed to win. Next up: at Boston College, Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET (ESPN2).
3. North Carolina State (3-1, 0-0; LW: No. 3) -- The Wolf Pack won decisively over Citadel with freshman running back Shadrach Thornton rushing for 145 yards and two touchdowns off 21 carries (6.9 ypc). Next up: at Miami, Saturday, 12 p.m. ET (ESPNU).
4. Virginia Tech (3-1, 1-0; LW: No. 5) -- VTU bounced back with a shutout win over Bowling Green on a day where the MAC seemed unbeatable, but Logan Thomas was once again pretty awful. Next up: vs. Cincinnati, Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET (ESPNU).
5. Miami (3-1, 2-0; LW: No. 6) -- I don't think anyone predicted the Canes to go into Atlanta and come away with a win, especially with the way they had been playing lately. Next up: vs. North Carolina State, Saturday, 12 p.m. ET (ESPNU).
6. Duke (3-1, 0-0; LW: No. 8) -- Duke beat Memphis soundly last week, but who isn't? Let's see if the Blue Devils can start off conference play strong. Next up: at Wake Forest, Saturday, 12:30 p.m. ET (ACC Network).
7. North Carolina (2-2, 0-1; LW: No. 9) -- Running back Giovani Bernard is back from injury and the Tar Heels have played six straight complete quarters. Next up: vs. Idaho, Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET (RSN).
8. Georgia Tech (2-2, 1-2; LW: No. 4) -- The Yellow Jackets were down by 19, then up by 17, and finally down by six as they lost in overtime in a roller coaster game against Miami. Next up: vs. Middle Tennessee State, 12 p.m. ET (RSN).
9. Maryland (2-2, 0-0; LW: No. 10) -- They didn't win, but the Terrapins held West Virginia's explosive offense to just 31 points and only lost by 10. Next up: BYE
10. Virginia (2-2, 0-1; LW: No. 7) -- Let the quarterback controversy begin. Next up: vs. Louisiana Tech, Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET (ESPN3).
11. Wake Forest (3-1, 1-1; LW: No. 11) -- Wake Forest allowed 37 points and 506 total offensive yards to an Army team that has yet to win a game. Next up: vs. Duke, Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET (ACC Network).
12. Boston College (1-2, 0-1; LW: No. 12) -- A bye week isn't going to help BC avoid a blowout loss to a pissed off Clemson squad this upcoming weekend. Next up: vs. Clemson, Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET (ESPN2).
Follow @Tyler_Waddell on Twitter