AAC power rankings: UCF gives South Carolina huge scare
1. Louisville (4-0, 0-0 AAC; LW: No. 1) -- The Cardinals had an extra week to prepare for a Temple team that hasn't won a game yet and is coming off an embarrassing loss to Idaho. Next up: at Temple, Saturday, 12 p.m. ET (ESPN3).
2. Central Florida (3-1, 0-0; LW: No. 2) -- Blake Bortles and Co. gave South Carolina everything theyhad, coming up just short in a three-point loss. Although they didn't come away with a win, it shows that the Knights are a huge threat to Louisville. Next up: at Memphis, Saturday, 4:30 p.m. ET (ESPN3).
3. Houston (4-0, 1-0; LW: No. 4) -- After hanging 59 on UTSA, Houston is outscoring its opponents by an average of 23.5 points. Next up: BYE
4. Cincinnati (3-1, 0-0; LW: No. 3) -- Cincinnati's offense was in a funk during its win over Miami (Oh.). Playing South Florida this weekend should help get things back on track. Next up: at South Florida, Saturday, 7 p.m. ET (ESPN3).
5. Rutgers (3-1, 0-0; LW: No. 5) -- The bye week was much needed for Rutgers, which was coming off a very tough game against Arkansas. It should have plenty of fresh legs for its ACC opener Saturday. Next up: at SMU, Saturday, 12 p.m. ET (Watch ESPN).
6. Memphis (1-2, 0-0; LW: No. 7) -- The Tigers' losses aren't all that bad, and their 31-7 win over Arkansas State is something to build from. Next up: vs. UCF, Saturday, 4:30 p.m. ET (ESPN3).
7. SMU (1-3, 0-0; LW: No. 6) -- They've looked pretty terrible, but let's not forget that the Mustangs have played a pretty tough schedule. No other AAC team can say they've played Texas Tech, Texas A&M and TCU. Still, SMU wasn't competitive in any of those games. Next up: vs. Rutgers, Saturday, 12 p.m. ET (Watch ESPN).
8. Connecticut (0-4, 0-0; LW: No. 8) -- Following up an impressive performance against Michigan with a 41-12 loss to Buffalo isn't exactly what most Husky fans had in mind. Hence the firing of coach Paul Pasqualoni. Next up: BYE
9. Temple (0-4, 0-1; LW: No. 9) -- Idaho? Yeah, ouch... that one stings. Next up: vs. 7 Louisville, Saturday, 12 p.m. ET (ESPN3).
10. South Florida (0-4, 0-0; LW: No. 10) -- No one expected USF to beat Miami, but the Bulls weren't even competitive in this one. Next up: vs. Cincinnati, Saturday, 7 p.m. ET (ESPN3).
Follow @Tyler_Waddell on Twitter