I try to stay focused on my own beeswax and not get too tied up with silly stuff. But did you see this deal with the chick that got herself wedged between 2 cinder block walls this morning? What a rube!
It was a good night to be sitting it out in The Association last night. Hardly anything went according to what the numbers were telling me, and the really heartening thing about that is the fact that I could feel it. It's a normally busy Wednesday night, so let's get right to work.
THE NBA (1-5 last night and 10-11 so far for the week)
SU WINNERS (2-4 last night and 13-6 so far for the week)
Pacers, Nets, CELTICS, THUNDER, MAVS, SPURS, KINGS, BLAZERS and WARRIORS
Another tie showing up for tonight in the Bulls/RAPTORS game.
TOTALS (3-3 last night and 9-12 so far for the week)
OVERS - Pacers/MAGIC (186 1/2) and Nets/HAWKS (186 1/2)
UNDERS - Bulls/RAPTORS (183 1/2), Hornets/CELTICS (183 1/2), Nuggets/THUNDER (209), Rockets/MAVS (214), Grizzlies/SPURS (187 1/2), Wizards/KINGS (205 1/2), Cavs/BLAZERS (197) and Heat/WARRIORS (202)
BUTTA (no play last night and 2-0 so far for the week)
CELTICS (-7 1/2) over Hornets - It's a bit bigger number than I'd like, but it's worthwhile all the same. All my stats break it down in favor of the Celts, and with the Stingers on the road in a b2b situation, it's a done deal for me. CELTICS 98, Hornets 76
ALL THE REST
1. RAPTORS (+4 1/2) vs. Bulls - The Dinos look like they're fading fast now, but the Bulls haven't strung anything together all season long. They're off that massive beatdown of the Hawks on Saturday night, and I'm just wondering if that has them taking it too easy tonight. Bulls 88, RAPTORS 88
2. Pacers (-1 1/2) over MAGIC - The Pacers should be in pretty good shape here as their starters were able to sit down for the entire 4th quarter last night. Even so, I still can't back a team playing it's 4th game in 5 nights and 5th in 7. Pacers 101, MAGIC 94
3. Nets (+3) over HAWKS - How anyone could back the Hawks right now is beyond me, but I will say that the Nets are just playing a little too well right now. They're ripe for a fall. Nets 100, HAWKS 96
4. Nuggets (+8 1/2) at THUNDER - As is the case with many games tonight, the numbers say one thing, and I could find my way to agreeing, but the Nugs are on the b2b and off an OT game. That makes things a little dicey. THUNDER 102, Nuggets 97
5. MAVS (-4) over Rockets - The Mavs have won a couple in a row, and the Rocks are slumping and on a b2b tonight. Also, the Mavs are 7-1 ATS and 8-0 SU over the last 3 seasons against Houston. MAVS 102, Rockets 91
6. Spurs (-5 1/2) over GRIZZLIES - I mentioned it last time these teams hooked up over in Memphis. The Griz are as good at being the way the Spurs used to be as the Spurs were when they were that way. HA! So, I'm going to pass this one because I'm not sure the Griz aren't the better team. SPURS 107, Grizzlies 87
7. KINGS (-4) over Wizards - Here's another game that the Kings should have no problem with, but just like a couple nights ago against the Cavs, they generally struggle in a situation like that. KINGS 95, Wizards 91
8. BLAZERS (-6) over Cavs - The Blazers are playing their 5th game in 7 nights tonight, and they're off a road OT loss last night in Denver. BLAZERS 108, Cavs 83
9. Warriors (+2) vs. HEAT - The Warriors will have the full attention of the Heat tonight. They beat Miami earlier in the season with a late surge, so I can see what the numbers say, but if the Heat play all 48 minutes, it's hard to say what might happen. WARRIORS 99, Heat 89
Another Hump Day in the bag! Have a great night, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.