You're probably familiar with many of these, or you just recently received the email forward that seems to be going around, but either way who doesn't love a good list of quotes. I hope someone has been keeping tabs on Joe Paterno, he definitely has a handful that belong in this grouping as well.
Here's My Top 10
10. "We didn't tackle well today but we made up for it by not blocking."
- John McKay, USC
9. "I've found that prayers work best when you have big players."
- Knute Rockne, Notre Dame
8. "Football is not a contact sport-it is a collision sport. Dancing is a contact sport." - Duffy Daugherty, Michigan State
7. "Lads, you're not to miss practice unless your parents died or you died." - Frank Leahy, Notre Dame
6. "The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it." - Lou Holtz, Arkansas
5. "Football is only a game. Spiritual things are eternal. Nevertheless, Beat Texas." - Seen on a church sign in Arkansas prior to the 1969 game.
4. "Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated."
- Lou Holtz, Arkansas
3. "I could have been a Rhodes Scholar, except for my grades." - Duffy Daugherty, Michigan State
2. "At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat. That costs money and we don't have any" - Erk Russell, Georgia Southern
1. "I don't expect to win enough games to be put on NCAA probation. I just want to win enough to warrant an investigation."
- Bob Devaney, Nebraska
Best of the rest:
"After you retire, there's only one big event left....and I ain't ready for that." - Bobby Bowden, Florida State
"A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall." - Frank Leahy, Notre Dame
"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you." - Woody Hayes, Ohio State
"In Alabama, an atheist is someone who doesn't believe in Bear Bryant."
- Wally, Georgia
"No, but you can see it from here." - Lou Holtz, Arkansas...When asked if Fayetteville was the end of the world.
"There's one sure way to stop us from scoring-give us the ball near the goal line." - Matty Bell, SMU
"My advice to defensive players: Take the shortest route to the ball and arrive in a bad humor." - Bowden Wyatt, Tennessee
"Always remember..... Goliath was a 40 point favorite over David." - Shug Jordan / Auburn
"They cut us up like boarding house pie. And that's real small pieces." - Darrell Royal / Texas
"Show me a good and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure." - Knute Rockne, Notre Dame
"They whipped us like a tied up goat." - Spike Dykes, Texas Tech
After USC lost 51-0 to Notre Dame, his postgame message to his team: "All those who need showers, take them." - John McKay, USC
"If lessons are learned in defeat, our team is getting a great education."
- Murray Warmath, Minnesota
"The only qualifications for a lineman are to be big and dumb. To be a back, you only have to be dumb." - Knute Rockne, Notre Dame
"Oh, we played about like three tons of buzzard puke this afternoon."
- Spike Dykes, Texas Tech
"Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." - Darrell Royal, University of Texas
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman
Feel free to add your own favorites in the comments.