It begins with the Armed Forces Bowl between Tulsa and BYU and ends with one of the bigger mismatches of bowl season--No. 14 Oklahoma versus Iowa in the Insight Bowl. In between Yankee Stadium will play host to the Pinstripe Bowl between Rutgers and Iowa State and the Mississippi State and Wake Forest will tussle in the Music City Bowl.
Some of the day's top story lines:
- Will Oklahoma show up? The Sooners were the preseason No. 1 team in the nation, so playing in the Insight Bowl is a disappointment.
- Is this Landry Jones' last game with Oklahoma? He came into the season as a big pro prospect but sort of disappointed. Will he come back for another shot?
- Football at a baseball stadium. It is a virtual home game for Rutgers at Yankee Stadium. Can the Scarlet Knights take advantage?
- Can Mississippi State best a lesser opponent? All of the Bulldogs' losses came to very good teams, skewing their record to 6-6. Can they beat a Wake Forest team that is not SEC-caliber.
- Which non-military school will win the Armed Forces Bowl?