Big Ten Power Rankings
Next up: vs Indiana (2-1, 0-0) Saturday 12 PM ET - Big Ten Network
5. Purdue (2-1, 0-0) - The Boilers won't start conference play until next weekend as they get one final tune-up against the #1 passing offense in the NCAA in Marshall. Their defense better have their track shoes laced up as they race around trying to cover the Thundering Herd. RB Ralph Bolden could return to the fold this week. Purdue could use his ability back in the lineup come Big Ten play, though the backfield hasn't been much of an issue to now.
Next up: vs Marshall (2-2, 1-0 CUSA) Saturday 3:15 PM ET - Big Ten Network
4. #22 Nebraska (3-1, 0-0) - After a 73-7 drubbing of Idaho State, Nebraska returns to football on earth as the two-time defending Big Ten champions come to town. QB Taylor Martinez is off to a hot start for the Huskers. Coach Bo Pelini needs a big season to win over the fans in Nebraska. A down Big Ten could be just what the doctor ordered.
Next up: vs Wisconsin (3-1, 0-0) Saturday 8 PM ET - ABC
3. #14 Ohio State (4-0, 0-0) - I don't believe in this Buckeye team. At least not enough to have them atop the conference. While they are very talented (as always), they haven't seemed to gel completely. Their first road contest figures to be a shaky one in East Lansing. Will Urban Meyer have a game plan in place to unleash QB Braxton Miller this weekend? We shall see.
Next up: vs #20 Michigan State (3-1, 0-0) Saturday 3:30 PM ET - ABC
2. #20 Michigan State (3-1, 0-0) - Did you see coach Mark Dantonio's post game presser after their lackluster win over Eastern Michigan? Do yourself a favor and search for the video. RB Le'Veon Bell is a stud and will carry this team offensively until his teammates can complement his game. The defense is as stout as ever and is no doubt smarting to get another ranked opponent on their home turf.
Next up: vs #14 Ohio State (4-0, 0-0) Saturday 3:30 PM ET - ABC
1. Michigan (2-2, 0-0) - Yep, I'm serious. I believe that Michigan is the class of the Big Ten. The same team that was demolished by #1 Alabama 41-14 and literally handed the game to #10 Notre Dame. Congratulations to Brady Hoke for scheduling a difficult non-conference game against the defending national champs. Once you've seen the best, the Big Ten is much easier to navigate. If QB Denard Robinson can protect the ball, Michigan will be ranked again in no time. Could be a BIG if.
Next up: vs Purdue (2-1, 0-0) Next Saturday (Oct. 6th) 4 PM ET - Big Ten Network