Brett Favre Wins 2020 NFL MVP In Hyundai Commercial
NFL

Brett Favre Still Isn't Going Away. Here's His Super Bowl Commercial, Featuring Him Winning The 2020 MVP.

2/3/10 in NFL   |   Pat   |   5229 respect


Most reasonable people pretty much want Brett Favre to go away. There are a few older folks who still think he's cool and hip, perhaps even "rad", but most people see through his gunslinging act and realize that this is just a man who just doesn't know when to let go.

The fact is, Brett Favre will never win another Super Bowl. If that wasn't obvious in the NFC Championship game, then I don't know what it would take to convince you. He might still have some good games in him, and he might still be able to throw the ball around the field a little bit, but he's NOT a championship caliber QB. Period. There are other QB's who aren't as good as him, but will still give their team a better chance to win, because they don't make the crippling mistakes that he tends to make.

Regardless, the days of seeing Favre bombard our TV screens are far from over. I'd be willing to bet that he'll come back next year, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him come back in 2011 either. He doesn't know when to quit, and he's in complete denial of his mental deterioration.

Sure, his physical skills are still there. But in his head, he's getting a little too desperate, and I believe that's why we keep seeing his seasons end with outrageously costly interceptions.

But enough serious talk... enjoy the video, of Brett Favre assaulting your senses, and winning the 2020 NFL MVP award. And then go out and DON'T buy a Hyundai, since this commercial is their fault.
Notify me by email about comments that follow mine. Preview

2/4/10   |   mrtriplesix   |   1160 respect

funny commercial lol but dont buy a hyundai :-)

2/4/10   |   cbcdmd   |   40 respect

Looks like my wife will get to watch HGTV Sunday for about 30 seconds

2/4/10   |   kobe_lova   |   61241 respect

(Edited by kobe_lova)

uh..no. tavaris jackson? not at all. they would not have been in this same situattion. NOT AT ALL. he's horrible!

sorry...I guess i could have just kept reading and said "yeah, what they said". But the words Tavaris Jackson just sent chills up my spine.
Also, in every league tie games comes down to a star (most of the time) making the last shot/play... or not. Brett Favre is not the only leader to be unable to pull it out in the end. Thats why they play the game. Jordan, Kobe, Montana, P. Manning, and i'm sure some baseball and hockey greats have missed the opportunity to be the hero. It happens. Just like a missed field goal doesnt mean much until you lose the game by 3 or less. Yes, he threw an interception in the playoffs, but that happens to the best of them, which he is. In the colts-ravens game, Peyton threw 2 interceptions but got lucky TWICE. so if those to plays hadnt been nullified, would you be saying the same thing about Peyton? I dont think it was necessary for him to throw the deep pass at the time, but thats what he did and we know Peyton makes these decisions.

2/4/10   |   kobe_lova   |   61241 respect

kantwistaye wrote:
 I wasn't bad mouthing Favre.  That pass was stupid, but the Vikings don't even make the playoffs without Favre.  He probably should've ran for a few yards and slid.  The play calling on that last drive was the real disaster.

and he didnt call the play...for those who care. I definitely had my issues with coaching.. oh i said i was leaving. I'll stop now before i get started.

2/3/10   |   Pat   |   5229 respect

derms33 wrote:
lol...seriously?  Tarvaris  Jackson sucks.  NO WAY THE VIKES MAKE IT TO THE NFC Championship w/o Favre...NO WAY.  Pat I agree with you alot but you could have done without the Favre bashing in the article.  Post the Video and walk away.  Maybe he should retire, but he is still better than at least 25 QBs in the NFL

For 99% of the season, yes he was. And that was also true in his last year with the Packers. But when it mattered the most, he transformed into a subpar QB, and it killed his team. It wasn't the ONLY thing that killed them, but it was one of the final nails in the coffin, no doubt.

And let's be honest... I had been predicting that all year, had I not?

2/3/10   |   derms33   |   17642 respect

Pat wrote:
They made the playoffs the previous year without Favre, and I believe having Percy Harvin would have been great for Tarvaris Jackson and/or Sage Rosenfels.

lol...seriously?  Tarvaris  Jackson sucks.  NO WAY THE VIKES MAKE IT TO THE NFC Championship w/o Favre...NO WAY.  Pat I agree with you alot but you could have done without the Favre bashing in the article.  Post the Video and walk away.  Maybe he should retire, but he is still better than at least 25 QBs in the NFL

2/3/10   |   kantwistaye   |   4211 respect

Pat wrote:
They made the playoffs the previous year without Favre, and I believe having Percy Harvin would have been great for Tarvaris Jackson and/or Sage Rosenfels.

They don't beat the Packers (either time), Ravens, or 49ers without him. Puts them at 8-8 and out.  Their defense was not nearly as good this year. And while Percy Harvin was a very good addition, Sidney Rice's development into a true #1 WR is what transformed that offense.  Rice deserves credit for that, but clearly Favre played a major role too.

2/3/10   |   Pat   |   5229 respect

kantwistaye wrote:
 Certainly will not deny his ability to make the stupidest play possible in the worst possible time. That said, you can't take one play and have that cancel out the fact that the Vikings aren't even in that situation without him.  Peyton Manning has had some awful playoff games, but he's still the greatest of all time. Tom Brady has sucked in his last five or six playoff games, but he's still one of the best of all time.  These single games are not effective ways to judge QBs especially since the best ones set themselves up in the situation for the big fail because they led their teams to that situation to start with.

And I'm not saying he's not one of the all-time greats. He clearly is. But he's just not a championship caliber QB anymore, because of said propensity to make the worst possible play at the worst possible time.

2/3/10   |   cpilecky

 Most reasonable people want people who write this kind of drivel to go away.  There unaware of there own mental decline.  Sure they can still wipe there own @ss, but there unable to simply get a life of there own.  So they live vicariously through others.  If they can tear down a person who is someone, then THEY must be someone as well.  This logic is flawed.  Grow up.

2/3/10   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

Well, at least he's embracing it.

2/3/10   |   Pat   |   5229 respect

kantwistaye wrote:
 I wasn't bad mouthing Favre.  That pass was stupid, but the Vikings don't even make the playoffs without Favre.  He probably should've ran for a few yards and slid.  The play calling on that last drive was the real disaster.

They made the playoffs the previous year without Favre, and I believe having Percy Harvin would have been great for Tarvaris Jackson and/or Sage Rosenfels.

2/3/10   |   mnstar1959   |   376 respect

kantwistaye wrote:
 I wasn't bad mouthing Favre.  That pass was stupid, but the Vikings don't even make the playoffs without Favre.  He probably should've ran for a few yards and slid.  The play calling on that last drive was the real disaster.

I was not referring to you but to the author of the article. I can not recall a single time he gave Favre any type of respect this entire season......it was a sloppy game and yet Favre and the Vikings STILL pushed it to OT. I wish that last drive never happened and I agree with you, kantwistaye, bad, bad play calling

2/3/10   |   kantwistaye   |   4211 respect

mnstar1959 wrote:
It is, if your whole reason of being on this site seems to be to bad mouth this particular quarterback. Lets just suppose he doesn't attempt that pass; what should have been the play? Another run for zero gain or a possible 7th fumble, then a 55yd FG attempt? No guts no glory.......

 I wasn't bad mouthing Favre.  That pass was stupid, but the Vikings don't even make the playoffs without Favre.  He probably should've ran for a few yards and slid.  The play calling on that last drive was the real disaster.

2/3/10   |   mnstar1959   |   376 respect

kantwistaye wrote:
 Certainly will not deny his ability to make the stupidest play possible in the worst possible time. That said, you can't take one play and have that cancel out the fact that the Vikings aren't even in that situation without him.  Peyton Manning has had some awful playoff games, but he's still the greatest of all time. Tom Brady has sucked in his last five or six playoff games, but he's still one of the best of all time.  These single games are not effective ways to judge QBs especially since the best ones set themselves up in the situation for the big fail because they led their teams to that situation to start with.

It is, if your whole reason of being on this site seems to be to bad mouth this particular quarterback. Lets just suppose he doesn't attempt that pass; what should have been the play? Another run for zero gain or a possible 7th fumble, then a 55yd FG attempt? No guts no glory.......

2/3/10   |   kantwistaye   |   4211 respect

Pat wrote:
He had a great season. But there are QB's who have had great seasons, but still didn't lead their team to a championship. Sometimes, like in Favre's case, they end up COSTING their team wins through desperate and risky play.

I realize there were other reasons for the Vikings' loss, but I have no doubt that a more sensible QB with a little less desperation could have led the Vikings to the Super Bowl. If this were the first time Favre's picks sealed the game, it would be one thing. But it's a trend, at this point. He's just not mentally at that level anymore.

 Certainly will not deny his ability to make the stupidest play possible in the worst possible time. That said, you can't take one play and have that cancel out the fact that the Vikings aren't even in that situation without him.  Peyton Manning has had some awful playoff games, but he's still the greatest of all time. Tom Brady has sucked in his last five or six playoff games, but he's still one of the best of all time.  These single games are not effective ways to judge QBs especially since the best ones set themselves up in the situation for the big fail because they led their teams to that situation to start with.

2/3/10   |   nikitapianzov   |   13 respect

i totaly agree with this article, he does like to make fun of himself, but hes ok but he'll never be good enough to win superbowl again.

2/3/10   |   jjh8857   |   322 respect

Are you still trying to convince me that you're not obsessed with Brett Favre?  How can he 'go away' if you don't let him?

2/3/10   |   Joe_L   |   12371 respect

redsox1002003 wrote:
 damn, they took the video down

There is still two left on You Tube here is one you can still watch.                                                                                 2010 Superbowl Ads - Hyundai featuring Brett Farve

2/3/10   |   redsox1002003   |   881 respect

 damn, they took the video down

2/3/10   |   Pat   |   5229 respect

kobe_lova wrote:
wait a minute. He was sensible in this game and could have led (ALMOST LED) them to the SB if not for a series of unfortunate events that he could not control nor did he cause. No details necessary since everyone has discussed the topic in great length in the days after. I can see where this thread is going so I'm leaving down.

And then he threw one of the most idiotic interceptions in playoff history, breaking every single rule of intelligent QB play. Words can not even express how stupid that pass was. "Great" QB's simply do NOT make plays like that in situations as big as that. That's the bottom line, in my opinion. Truly great QB's are the ones who DON'T make terrible decisions like that.

Some guys make physical mistakes, and that can be overlooked at times, as long as they don't make mental mistakes. But Brett's final pass this year was the single biggest mental mistake that any QB made in the entire playoffs. There's really no getting past that.

2/3/10   |   kobe_lova   |   61241 respect

Pat wrote:
He had a great season. But there are QB's who have had great seasons, but still didn't lead their team to a championship. Sometimes, like in Favre's case, they end up COSTING their team wins through desperate and risky play.

I realize there were other reasons for the Vikings' loss, but I have no doubt that a more sensible QB with a little less desperation could have led the Vikings to the Super Bowl. If this were the first time Favre's picks sealed the game, it would be one thing. But it's a trend, at this point. He's just not mentally at that level anymore.

wait a minute. He was sensible in this game and could have led (ALMOST LED) them to the SB if not for a series of unfortunate events that he could not control nor did he cause. No details necessary since everyone has discussed the topic in great length in the days after. I can see where this thread is going so I'm leaving down.

2/3/10   |   Pat   |   5229 respect

kantwistaye wrote:
A 4,200 yard, 33 TD, 7 INT season isn't championship worthy?  Damn.  I agree that Brett needs to retire, but to pretend that he didn't have a great season is just flat out wrong.  There were only two QBs that had for sure better seasons than him and they'll both be playing Sunday. Outside of that, he's in a pack wit Rodgers and Rivers who are both more than capable of winning titles.

He had a great season. But there are QB's who have had great seasons, but still didn't lead their team to a championship. Sometimes, like in Favre's case, they end up COSTING their team wins through desperate and risky play.

I realize there were other reasons for the Vikings' loss, but I have no doubt that a more sensible QB with a little less desperation could have led the Vikings to the Super Bowl. If this were the first time Favre's picks sealed the game, it would be one thing. But it's a trend, at this point. He's just not mentally at that level anymore.

2/3/10   |   kobe_lova   |   61241 respect

2/3/10   |   kantwistaye   |   4211 respect

A 4,200 yard, 33 TD, 7 INT season isn't championship worthy?  Damn.  I agree that Brett needs to retire, but to pretend that he didn't have a great season is just flat out wrong.  There were only two QBs that had for sure better seasons than him and they'll both be playing Sunday. Outside of that, he's in a pack wit Rodgers and Rivers who are both more than capable of winning titles.

2/3/10   |   kobe_lova   |   61241 respect

mbuck54 wrote:
You might be an idiot. 33 touchdowns 7 interceptions and a completion percentage of 68.4. Why would you say he held on to long? Try using your brain next time you write something.

thats not nice. I love Brett Favre but that doesnt mean everybody that doesnt is an idiot! gosh. He writes all of the time and i think  he uses his brain very well .

2/3/10   |   mbuck54   |   1 respect

You might be an idiot. 33 touchdowns 7 interceptions and a completion percentage of 68.4. Why would you say he held on to long? Try using your brain next time you write something.

2/3/10   |   HolyRollin   |   204 respect

What spurs him on? In 1991, he went to watch The Secret of the Ooze, and promised himself that he'd one day be the subject of a Vanilla Ice rap.

No one's had the heart to break his dream ever since, because he's just so gosh-darned inspiring.

2/3/10   |   elevenbravo138again   |   1163 respect

kobe_lova wrote:
i am disturbed. lol

I just hope you weren't eating lunch, who knew he was an extra on 90210 back in the day?

2/3/10   |   redsox1002003   |   881 respect

 is the nfl talent going to be THAT bad in 2020, where a near 50 year old man wins mvp?

2/3/10   |   Big_Country78   |   38 respect

haha you wish

2/3/10   |   Captain_Chaos   |   287 respect

drn0iswatr wrote:
what they don't tell you is that it is the mvp for viagra.

he was just trying to become "stiff" competition for his oponents.

2/3/10   |   drn0iswatr   |   731 respect

what they don't tell you is that it is the mvp for viagra.

2/3/10   |   kobe_lova   |   61241 respect

ary201 wrote:
He only buys HD TVs at Sears! Every month he gets a new one!

However, he's been wearing the same relaxed fit Wranglers since he made his old college ones into shorts in 1991:

i am disturbed. lol

2/3/10   |   ary201   |   213 respect

kobe_lova wrote:
well he does wear wranglers and shop at sears...and I LOVE BRETT FAVRE!..but i do not think he's rad

He only buys HD TVs at Sears! Every month he gets a new one!

However, he's been wearing the same relaxed fit Wranglers since he made his old college ones into shorts in 1991:

2/3/10   |   kobe_lova   |   61241 respect

well he does wear wranglers and shop at sears...and I LOVE BRETT FAVRE!..but i do not think he's rad