Brian Cashman tells Alex Rodriguez to shut the f--- up

Cashman to A-Rod: 'Shut the f--- up'

6/26/13 in MLB   |   Pat   |   5233 respect

Apr 13, 2013; Bronx, NY, USA; Injured New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez (13) sits in the dugout during the fourth inning of a MLB game against the Baltimore Orioles at Yankee Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Brad Penner-USA TODAY SportsIf it wasn't already clear that the Yankees want absolutely nothing to do with Alex Rodriguez and the remainder of his albatross of a contract, general manager Brian Cashman made it pretty clear when he responded to one of Rodriguez's recent tweets.

The tweet, which seemed pretty innocuous to most people, was just a seemingly jubilant reaction to the team doctor telling Rodriguez that he was cleared to play in games again soon.

Is that really that bad? If anything, it should come as a relief to the Yankees, who could use A-Rod's bat in the lineup, if he's able to provide any help at all.

Here's the original tweet:



That wasn't a terrible surprising or offensive tweet in any way, but Brian Cashman's reaction to it was pretty shocking.

"You know what, when the Yankees want to announce something, [we will]. Alex should just shut the f--- up. That's it. I'm going to call Alex now."

Wait, what? 

Rodriguez is still mixed up in some messy allegations surrounding a clinic in Miami that supposedly specialized in performance enhancing drugs, and there's still a chance that A-Rod gets suspended at some point. But wouldn't Cashman welcome him back for now?

Apparently not. It's clear that the Yankees just want him to get in as much trouble as possible and stay off the field, because they're still looking for a way to void the remainder of his contract. The Yankees still owe him $86M from 2014-2017, and there's no way he'll ever be worth anything near that amount of money. Unfortunately for the Yankees, MLB contracts are guaranteed, so there aren't really many options for them.

The disdain that the Yankees, and Cashman in particular, have for A-Rod is clear. We'll see if he ever suits up for them again.
Notify me by email about comments that follow mine. Preview

6/27/13   |   Scott   |   54150 respect

At this point, It's obvious the Yankees want to control this A-Rod situation and the amount of information that gets out because if he does play this season, they would be on the hook for his whole salary.  If he doesn't, insurance picks up 80% of it and the Yankees only have to foot the bill for the remaining 20%.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit of Rodriguez has played his last game as a Yankee

6/26/13   |   Jess   |   34926 respect

Hah! What a mess.