Carlo Ancelotti looking forward to a “fantastic future” at PSG
Carlo Ancelotti claims he is looking forward to “a fantastic future” at Paris Saint-Germain. The former Chelsea manager insists he will stay at Paris Saint-Germain even if his side faces defeat against Barcelona in the second leg of the Champions Leagu quarterfinal at Nou Camp on Wednesday.
The Italian boss of Parc des Princes believes Paris Saint-Germain’s future is extremely bright. The Paris Saint-Germain manager refused to comment on the problems his side would face if Lionel Messi was recalled from injury.
The Argentinean striker picked up a hamstring injury during the thrilling 2-2 draw in the first leg of the Champions League quarterfinal at Parc des Princes last week. Carlo Ancelotti claims it was “not our problem” if Lionel Messi does not play.
Lionel Messi’s absence has been made worse for Barcelona, since first-team players such as Javier Hernandez and Carles Puyol are on the injury list. Meanwhile, Lionel Messi has been added to the squad desiring to head out for the Champions League quarterfinal on Wednesday.
Paris Saint-Germain claims if their side wins over Barcelona, their place as a stable European power in football would strengthen.
“It could be just a very good step to improve, but it changes nothing in the future of PSG,” Carlo Ancelotti said. “PSG are trying to build a fantastic future, and it'll be fantastic if we win or don't win. If we don't win, we'll try to reach the semi-finals next year.
“I'm not worried. Everyone from PSG is happy to be here. It'll be a great evening. Everyone knows it'll be difficult. We only have a slim chance, but we have a chance. We showed in the first leg we can do it against a fantastic team.
“We have to use all our qualities, defend well and attack well, be patient, be solid. All the qualities you can give, you have to give tomorrow.”
Lionel Messi participated in some parts of Barcelona’s training on Tuesday, which means the striker could make a late appearance if the Catalans need to score goals.
“It [whether or not he plays] doesn't change our strategy. It'll be the same,” Carlo Ancelotti said. “We need to be confident and show personality in a very difficult stadium against probably the best team in the world.”
The former AC Milan manager also confirmed that his Brazilian defensive duo would start against Barcelona on Wednesday. Both, Alex and Thiago Silva have been cleared for the battle against Barcelona.