Christine Brennan Says Erin Andrews Was Asking For It [Blog Patrol]
General Sports

Did Erin Andrews Make Herself A Target For Creeps? [Blog Patrol]

7/22/09 in General Sports   |   Pat   |   5235 respect

Fellow female sports writer Christine Brennan basically uses the "Erin Andrews had it coming" line. Wow... a bit harsh, wouldn't you say? My guess: someone's jealous. [The Big Lead]

The REAL reason ESPN won't cover the Ben Roethlisberger story. [Inside the Iggles]

Also, the real reason why the alleged victim didn't file criminal charges [Shutdown Corner]

The top 5 Boston sports stars of all time. My list was VERY close to this one, but let's just say that it slightly exposed my youth and hockey ignorance. [2 Cents From Beantown]

Speaking of hockey, here's a breakdown of how much each NHL team will have to travel next season. It was posted a few days ago, but wow... stuff like this fascinates me. [On The Forecheck]

Why are so many players trying to convince their front office to bring in Lamar Odom? [TSB]

15 outstanding questions for Tim Tebow. We can only hope that he'll someday answer them. [TBL]
Notify me by email about comments that follow mine. Preview

7/23/09   |   lover_girl_lenutza20

THE_Smoot wrote:
Who are you calling a creep?

you....;)

7/23/09   |   crypt44

I would sacrifice my ability to consume an alcoholic beverage for a chance at Erin Andrews. Even if it was one in a million.

7/22/09   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

lleedubb wrote:

Oh! no she di-in't  just hate on Erin's fine ass!!, lookin like a broke ass Bruce Jenner in drag!!   .....(damn..that was harsh even for me!......oh well! 

Bruce Jenner in drag? LMFAO!!!!

7/22/09   |   lleedubb   |   32 respect

Oh! no she di-in't  just hate on Erin's fine ass!!, lookin like a broke ass Bruce Jenner in drag!!   .....(damn..that was harsh even for me!......oh well! 

7/22/09   |   Pat   |   5235 respect

ary201 wrote:
Alright, alright, someone bite the bullet and "reverse peephole" Brennan. She's feeling left out.

Not it.

7/22/09   |   ary201   |   213 respect

Alright, alright, someone bite the bullet and "reverse peephole" Brennan. She's feeling left out.

7/22/09   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

Wow, if anyone read that did you see Digger Phelps is upset about it? Come on Digger! You know you've got this video on loop.

Secondly, they said "For some reason CBS showed footage of the video". Some reason? Duh, naked ladies = ratings.

7/22/09   |   mk_donley   |   2554 respect

Hey Brennan, knock off the Erin Andrews blast. She is a sex symbol not you. Please, Brennan, do your job, so she can do hers. Jealousy can get you in trouble. Leave Erin alone Christine, and be a good girl........dadburn!

7/22/09   |   Heyhey1970   |   194 respect

Pat wrote:
The product has indeed deteriorated pretty badly, but working at ESPN is still the dream job for anyone in the business. So it's hard to blame someone for going along for the ride. In fairness to Erin herself, she has been very low-key about her appearance, and hasn't gone out of her way (as far as I know) to flaunt her attractiveness.

Yeah, I think that's right, Pat.  I think Christine Brennan had to be criticizing the general tone of the network, because Erin Andrews didn't deserve Brennan's comments.

7/22/09   |   Pat   |   5235 respect

Heyhey1970 wrote:

I think you and Debi are both right about what's going on here, Scott. In Brennan's defense though, the ESPN product is usually "lowest common denominator," so if Andrews and others want to work there, it will get projected upon them.

The product has indeed deteriorated pretty badly, but working at ESPN is still the dream job for anyone in the business. So it's hard to blame someone for going along for the ride. In fairness to Erin herself, she has been very low-key about her appearance, and hasn't gone out of her way (as far as I know) to flaunt her attractiveness.

7/22/09   |   Heyhey1970   |   194 respect

Scott wrote:

I'm pretty sure that Erin Andrews didnt ask to be fawned over by every warm blooded male.  What next, is she suppose to apologize for being a beautiful lady who knows her sports stuff?

I think you and Debi are both right about what's going on here, Scott. In Brennan's defense though, the ESPN product is usually "lowest common denominator," so if Andrews and others want to work there, it will get projected upon them.

7/22/09   |   frenchy62   |   3 respect

Christine Brennen is obviously quite jealous, and her logic is the same as those who say that someone who gets raped deserves it. Sickening attitude, especially coming from a woman.

7/22/09   |   Debi_L   |   11875 respect

Oh emmm gee.....do I interpret just a *littttllllle* jealousy here, Christine?

7/22/09   |   Scott   |   54826 respect

I'm pretty sure that Erin Andrews didnt ask to be fawned over by every warm blooded male.  What next, is she suppose to apologize for being a beautiful lady who knows her sports stuff?

7/22/09   |   MIKELIN8   |   1388 respect

You mean creeps like Ray Maualauga?

7/22/09   |   THE_Smoot   |   70 respect

Who are you calling a creep?