- Multiple sources indicate that the Big Ten will realign again upon Rutgers’ and Maryland’s arrival, putting Ohio State and Michigan in the same division.
- Central Florida won its appeal with the NCAA and is eligible to compete for postseason play this upcoming season. It previously was under a one-year bowl ban for 2013.
- Miami (Fla.) has suspended cornerback Gabe Terry indefinitely after he was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana as well as resisting arrest without violence. His name is no longer on the Hurricanes’ roster.
- Colorado junior quarterback Nick Hirschman announced of his plans to transfer on Friday. According to coach Mike MacIntyre, he was still very much in the hunt for the starting job.
- Auburn fans said good bye to Toomer’s oak trees that were poisoned after the 2010 Iron Bowl with one final toilet paper tradition on Saturday.
- Virginia Tech sophomore running back Michael Holmes was arrested and charged with one count of malicious wounding and two counts of simple assault Sunday night. Coach Frank Beamer has not yet taken action.
Follow @Tyler_Waddell on Twitter