Good morning college football fans, and happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend – here are some interesting headlines you may have missed over the last several days.
- Nick Saban proved that he is in fact not the devil on Friday when he showed human-like emotions and regret towards Florida assistant Tim Davis.
- Texas Tech defensive tackle Delvon Simmons is expected to transfer, with USC as a possible landing spot. He has already transferred once as a former member of the North Carolina Tar Heels.
- Eastern Michigan coach Ron English told reporters on Friday that he will jump out of a plane if the school can raise over $60,000 in an upcoming golf outing in order to fix bathrooms.
- Washington State running back Daniel Jenkins will transfer back to Arizona. He initially made his decision to leave Tucson last December.
- Sources have told ESPN’s Joe Schad that Oklahoma State will not allow former QB Wes Lunt to transfer to Southern Miss, Tennessee or Vanderbilt, leaving Illinois and Louisville as the two most likely candidates for his final decision.
- Florida State freshman DeMarcus Walker finally got the O.K. from the NCAA Clearinghouse over the weekend, allowing him to participate in team activities. The 6-foot-3, 265-pound defensive end was the No. 4 prospect at his position for the class of 2013 (247Sports).