College football weekend news roundup
- Notre Dame quarterback Everett Golson has been suspended for the 2013 season for "poor academic judgement." He led the Irish to an unprecedented 12-0 record before a loss to Alabama in the BCS National Championship game.
- Houston running back Charles Sims won't return to the team for his final season. He had 384 career carries for 2,370 yards and 29 touchdowns, and 158 career catches for 1,707 yards and eight more scores.
- The C-USA is working on creating its own bowl game, which would likely take place in Boca Raton (Fla.).
- Former Penn State quarterback Steven Bench has announced that he will transfer to South Florida, shaking up the current position battle and will have a strong chance to start right away (thanks to PSU scandal).
- An ESPN report shows that Notre Dame paid Charlie Weis more than it did to Brian Kelly in 2011.
Follow @Tyler_Waddell on Twitter