- Mississippi State was hit by the NCAA for a recruiting violation on Friday, resulting in two years probation and a loss of scholarships.
- The Athletic Diretor during SMU's "death penalty" days in the 80s has passed away at the age of 88.
- USC incoming freshman wide receiver Steven Mitchell injured his knee during voluntary workouts at a school facility Friday and will miss the entire 2013 season.
- Tennessee running back Marlin Lane has re-joined the team, according to coach Butch Jones. Lane rushed for 679 yards and two touchdowns as a sophomore last season, appearing in all 12 games.
- A handful of Kentucky players will not suit up this season and are looking for a new home. This is likely due to the massive amount of transition and turnover brought by the Mark Stoops staff.
- The fourth ex-Auburn player has been charged for a robbery that took place in 2010, two months following the Tigers' national championship win.
Follow @Tyler_Waddell on Twitter