College football weekend news roundup
- Suspended Notre Dame quarterback Everett Golson announced that he will be looking to re-join the Irish next spring. He was released for "poor academic judgement" after the 2012-13 calendar year.
- Maryland sophomore running back Wes Brown has been suspended following an arrest last week. He contributed 382 yards and two touchdowns as a freshman last season.
- Colorado landed a versatile safety on Sunday that could play a few different positions at the collegiate level. Three-star Evan White committed to the Buffs, giving them their eighth for the class of 2014.
- Connecticut athletic director Warde Manuel is content to stay in the AAC and will no longer chase other conferences. UConn and Cincinnati were left out of the ACC during the conference realignment phase.
- K.J. Williams committed to Syracuse over the weekend, giving the Orange their biggest pledge of the 2014 class. The four-star ATH is the No. 5 overall overall recruit from the state of Pennsylvania.
Follow @Tyler_Waddell on Twitter