Here are your Vegas odds for the postseason
Below are the odds of some of the most intriguing matchups, courtesy of the Vegas Insider.
We’ll dive right into the mania when No. 20 Fresno State (+6) takes on No. 25 USC in the Las Vegas Bowl. Vegas likes the Trojans’ chances with offensive coordinator Clay Helton assuming interim duties, but I strongly disagree. I am inclined to believe that Derek Carr and the Bulldog passing attack could be too much to contain for a lackluster USC secondary.
Louisville (-3.5) is a favorite over Miami (Fla.), which basically takes home field advantage at the Russell Athletic Bowl in Orlando. With an entire month off, I like Al Golden’s crew to regroup after stumbling in the ACC Coastal.
To no one’s surprise, Texas (+14) is a massive underdog to Oregon in the Alamo Bowl. The Longhorns have struggled against fast-paced offenses that utilize the zone read and a running quarterback, and this will be by far the most difficult challenge yet. It will also be their first game without Mack Brown since 1998.
Texas A&M (-12.5) is a heavy favorite over Duke in what will likely be Johnny Manziel’s final game as an Aggie, Michigan State (+4.5) is expected to fall to Stanford in the Rose Bowl, Central Florida (+16.5) apparently has no shot against the high-scoring Baylor Bears, and Alabama (-15) should roll the Sooners.
Despite losing to Sparty in the Big Ten Championship, Ohio State (-2.5) is a small favorite over Clemson, Vegas is undecided with Missouri as a one-point up over Oklahoma State in a highly-anticipated Cotton Bowl, and Heisman winner Jameis Winston and the Florida State Seminoles (-8.5) should be the team to dethrone the SEC when it takes on Auburn in the national championship.
- Colorado State vs. Washington State (-4)
- USC (-6) vs. Fresno State
- Buffalo vs. San Diego State (PK)
- LA Lafayette vs. Tulane (PK)
- Ohio vs. East Carolina (-13.5)
- Oregon State (-3) vs. Boise State
- Pittsburgh vs. Bowling Green (-5.5)
- Utah State vs. Northern Illinois (-1.5)
- Marshall (-2.5) vs. Maryland
- Syracuse vs. Minnesota (-4)
- Washington (-3) vs. BYU
- Rutgers vs. Notre Dame (-15.5)
- Cincinnati vs. North Carolina (-3)
- Miami Fla. vs. Louisville (-3.5)
- Michigan vs. Kansas State (-3.5)
- Middle Tennessee vs. Navy (-6)
- Ole Miss (-3) vs. Georgia Tech
- Texas vs. Oregon (-14)
- Texas Tech vs. Arizona State (-14)
- Boston College vs. Arizona (-7.5)
- Virginia Tech vs. UCLA (-7)
- Mississippi State (-7) vs. Rice
- Duke vs. Texas A&M (-12.5)
- Nebraska vs. Georgia (-9)
- UNLV vs. North Texas (-6.5)
- Wisconsin vs. South Carolina (PK)
- Iowa vs. LSU (-7.5)
- Michigan State vs. Stanford (-4.5)
- Central Florida vs. Baylor (-16.5)
- Oklahoma vs. Alabama (-15)
- Oklahoma State vs. Missouri (-1)
- Clemson vs. Ohio State (-2.5)
- Houston vs. Vanderbilt (-3)
- Arkansas State vs. Ball State (-9)
- Auburn vs. Florida State (-8.5)
Follow @Tyler_Waddell on Twitter