Double entendre is always clever. Not only were the weather forecasters right on the money again for us here in God's Country, but I've left myself quite a hole to dig out of as well to start the week. Obviously, I consider a 3-game losing streak to be much worse than the foot of snow that's been dumped on us in the last several hours. Neither is an insurmountable problem though. I've already thrown most of the snow around to clear the drive here on The Estate. Now, it's time to clear the decks and get to work on turning business concerns around.
COLLEGE HOOPS (2-2 ATS/SU/TOTALS last night and 7-6 ATS/8-5 SU/6-7 TOTALS so far for the week)
I'm still trying to figure out what happened at the end of that 'Nova game last night, but in looking forward tonight, it looks like we're ready for prime time with at least one game on the schedule.
BUTTA (0-1 last night and so far for the week)
AIR FORCE (-4, U121) over Wyoming - The cadets have had a pretty good season so far, and they've been incredibly successful and dominant at home. Wyoming has been a terrible road team this year. It just doesn't add up that the number would come down a half-point from where it opened. And the side is the play here; not the TOTAL. AIR FORCE 71, Wyoming 46
ALL THE REST
1. FLORIDA ST. (-5 1/2, O137 1/2) 86, Wake Forest 68
2. Indiana (-5, U139 1/2) 69, MINNESOTA 60
3. WISCONSIN 64, Nebraska (+16, U113) 49
4. Florida (-8 1/2, O124 1/2) 73, TENNESSEE 64
5. ALABAMA (-11 1/2, O119) 76, Auburn 60
THE NBA (2-2 last night and 7-6 so far for the week)
SU WINNERS (2-2 last night and 8-4 so far for the week)
76ERS, PACERS, HEAT, BULLS, HORNETS, MAVS, Wolves and CLIPPERS
TOTALS (2-2 last night and 6-7 so far for the week)
OVERS - Warriors/PACERS (197 1/2), Kings/HEAT (210 1/2) and Wolves/SUNS (195 1/2)
UNDERS - Magic/76ERS (188 1/2), Cavs/BULLS (190), Nets/HORNETS (185), Bucks/MAVS (211 1/2) and Bobcats/CLIPPERS (198)
BUTTA (0-1 last night and 0-2 so far for the week)
1. PARLAY: PACERS (-425) over Warriors and BULLS (-440) over Cavs - There's an old saying that I'm sure you've heard: "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is." That's the way I'm looking at this Pacers game tonight. Everything lines up for a total blowout over the Warriors and that includes not only my numbers, but also all the trending data as well. Somehow, though, I'm feeling a lot better about putting them together with the Bulls than letting them go it alone on the number (-8). With the Bulls, I think we've seen what they are over the last week. They're a good team, but they can't run with the big dogs. The Cavs won't be "easy meat" for them, but the Bulls will be seriously motivated after getting blown up by the Thunder on Sunday night. That being said, I don't want anything to do with the (-8 1/2) hung on them for this game. They are only 7-21 ATS at home so far this season after all, and the Cavs are a feisty bunch that will play all 48 minutes. PACERS 125, Warriors 78 and BULLS 96, Cavs 90
2. MAVS (-250) over Bucks - The Mavs are playing well, their loss to the Lakers notwithstanding, while the Bucks have been fading fast. I'd like to move on the (-5 1/2) hung on the Mavs for this game, but this is still a "defense optional" team, and the Bucks have been known to fill it up. MAVS 110, Bucks 98
ALL THE REST
1. Magic (+9 1/2) at 76ERS - This is a game that the Sixers should win, and they should probably do it handily. Neither of these teams is high on my list of squads I can trust though. 76ERS 90, Magic 88
2. HEAT (-15) over Kings - The only concern here is how seriously the Heat will take the Kings. It does look, however, like there could be a ton of points in this game. HEAT 127, Kings 103
3. HORNETS (-2 1/2) over Nets - About the only thing interesting I can find about this game, other than the fact that Joe Johnson is "doubtful", is that the home team is 7-2 ATS in the last 9 games in this series. HORNETS 91, Nets 82
4. Wolves (+1) at SUNS - I don't like too much about the Suns. That's not been a secret. But even though the numbers tell me the Wolves are the side here, I know Minnesota is a really bad road team. Wolves 105, SUNS 93
5. CLIPPERS (-15 1/2) over Bobcats - I guess the big question for me with this game is how many minutes the Clips bench is going to get tonight. I'm guessing they'll probably end up getting the lion's share. CLIPPERS 99, Bobcats 82
It was a very heavy, wet snow that fell on us here this time around, so I've been very lucky that not only did I not lose any branches from my trees, but I've also had no interruption of service with my power. The latter has been a big problem in the area, but it looks like I might have been spared that headache. Who knows? There is nothing falling out of the sky now, but the forecasters are saying there's another small band out there with the potential to hit us with another couple of inches before this system makes it's way completely out of here. Life can be so exciting!
Have a great rest of your Tuesday. I'll talk to you again tomorrow.