Donte Stallworth or Michael Vick: Who Is Worse?

Time To Ask A Serious Question. Who's Worse: Vick Or Stallworth?

6/16/09 in NFL   |   100%InjuryRate   |   1283 respect

I think you're kidding yourself if you weren't slightly taken aback by the ridiculously light penalty that Donte Stallworth got today for running over a man and killing him - all of this while Stallworth was drunk. Stallworth wound up with a penalty of 30 days in jail after pleading guilty in Florida to a DUI manslaughter charge. He also has to serve 10 years probation and do 1,000 community service hours. But basically, dude got off scot-free.

Now, you're probably wondering how that happened. Well, Florida has an interesting exception in their DUI manslaughter law for “causation.”  Essentially, if the victim helped cause the accident, the driver, though drunk, is not inevitably fully responsible. Since the man Stallworth killed, Mario Reyes, was jaywalking, there you go.

But this brings up an interesting question. Who is worse: Stallworth or Michael Vick?

The cases are by no means identical, of course, but let's address both of them anyway. Vick did two and half years for deliberately killing dogs in some rather horrific ways (in addition to taking dogs bred for fighting over state lines). Probably the most important thing in the Vick case is that there was clear intent by Vick to kill the dogs, which is the primary reason why so many people still want Vick's head on a plate.

Stallworth, meanwhile, didn't deliberately mean to kill Mario Reyes at all. However, Stallworth was legally drunk when he hit and killed Reyes. Would Stallworth still have hit Reyes had he been sober? We'll never know, but the facts are clear, Stallworth was drunk.

So I guess the real question here is what do you deem to be worse? Is intentionally killing dogs worse than accidentally killing a human being while driving when you're tipsy?

Even though you may say both are awful, and they are, the law apparently seems to think there's a difference between the two. Vick did two and half years in prison, Stallworth will do 30 days.

I realize a large part of Stallworth's sentence is based on him having had this happen in Florida, and in other states, he could have easily gotten 15 years. But I just don't feel like there's as much anger in regards to Stallworth's case as their is with Vick's.

Is intention the key here? Or is that we're missing the point completely? As in killing a dog really shouldn't be a worse crime than killing a person, even if killing the person is unintentional.
Notify me by email about comments that follow mine. Preview

8/13/09   |  

I don't think anybody can judge either one... However I feel causing a human being their life is far more damaging than being involed in stupidty

8/13/09   |  

neither should ever play football again

8/13/09   |  

Vick spent two years in jail for animal cruelty and Stallworth gets 10 years prbation for killing a man while driving under the influence. Where is the justice in that? How can we even compare the two? there's no comparison! Vick got a harsher sentence for a lesser crime.Donte should kiss his lawyer and the so called "judge" feet as well as their A**.Also he should willing do time for what he did. He took a mans life! 

8/7/09   |     |   47 respect

wrote:
This is an easy question. STALLWORTH! Stallworth killed a human being. Vick allegedly killed dogs. I love dogs and I own one, but if the dog dies, you can get another dog. You can't get another person. Stallworth is the GREATER of two evils.

Lassie #7 disapproves.

8/7/09   |   WhoDat12   |   2252 respect

This is an easy question. STALLWORTH! Stallworth killed a human being. Vick allegedly killed dogs. I love dogs and I own one, but if the dog dies, you can get another dog. You can't get another person. Stallworth is the GREATER of two evils.

8/6/09   |     |   1 respect

(Edited by )

 The fact of the matter is this did happen in Florida and Stallworth was treated fairly in regards to the law there. I also think Michael Vick was treated fairly by the laws in the state where he committed his crime. The factors that I'm looking at most are intent and remorse. Michael Vick showed clear intent to commit a crime that he knew was, well, a crime, and he's shown little remorse. The only thing that he's sorry about is that he got caught.

Stallworth has shown heaps of remorse and I genuinely believe that he's sorry and might try to act in a more appropriate manner next time. Laws are there for a reason and, while Stallworth did break the law, so did the pedestrian he hit and killed. There is a reason why jaywalking is illegal; this is a classic example of why. If he ever gets in trouble again, though, for driving while drunk--I'd throw the book at him. He has a chance to redeem himself but he should also remember that bot the Law and the Public have long memories.

8/6/09   |  

Are you serious....I live dogs but damn man!

8/6/09   |  

Stallworth is by far... I feel that he got a slap on the had because he got a lesser punishment then Vick for killing someone . In illinois DUI vehicluer manslater is 6-10 years not 30days. So Vick go a slap in the face and got almost two years. I not saying what Vick did was not wrong because it was. Thats just my opinone

8/6/09   |     |   1 respect

Stallworth killed a person while under the influence. Who's to say he hasn't driven under the influence before? All Vick did was take Bob Barker's comments at the end of every show 'Don't forget to spay and neuter your pets' to the utmost extreme. And since I'm not a fan of dog movies, my choice would be Stallworth

8/6/09   |  

wrote:
hmmm.... thats a pretty good question. I'd say Vick only because I dont think it was Stallworth's intent to harm anyone. Vick on the other hand was just being a dick. Stallworth made a stupid mistake.

 H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/6/09   |  

wrote:
i dont get it ... i think vic deffinatly deserved what he got however stallworth should have gotten worse, he also chose to drive drunk therefore should get the book thrown at him....if that were my child i would really be angry intentional or not...he took a human life....

 hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
darling........

8/6/09   |  

wrote:
i think both vick is dumb for what he did there fame goes to there head don,t think they will get caught ,and as far as stallworth he was even dumber drinking and driving ,hethere carrers are gone they don,t have none

 H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Sweeet heart.....................
what's up?????


8/6/09   |  

wrote:
I lived in Ga for 10 years and just moved back to Indy and Vick sucks!!! We cant beleive he would do such things to animals and he was so stuck on hisself thinking he was what made the Falcons,,,,,,he wanted to play all positions and not pass the ball!!!!

 i like u......

8/6/09   |  

Stallworth, Vick deserves to play; he served his time and paid the penalty

8/6/09   |  

I must say neither because the truth is WE are if we are speaking negative about them. The FACT is that we all have made mistakes in life and if the truth be told we all have done something worse than dog fighting and drunk driving, but we all expected people to give us chance after chance when we messed up. Let me put it in your lap if you can't understand this then, " If GOD was like man we would all be going to hell with gasoline underwear on." The was a white lady that said " anybody that harms a dog needs to go to jail for life and they don't need a second chance at nothing because a dog is a man's best friend." So, then I had to tell her this, " If a dog is your best friend or anybody's then they need to check themselves because if you can't find a human as a friend then something is wrong with you." I also found out that she grew up in the south in the 50-60's and that is all she had to say because the great america that we live in is still a racist society even with a BLACK preisdent. The mentality of alot of people was bred in them as was the so called great constitution, when in fact they wrote it blacks were not even considered an 1/8 of human compared to a dog and now you see why Micheal Vick got 23 months in jail, but a murderer, child malester, rapest, and any other crime will not even get you in todays time lest than 6 month's in jail and then they go scott free !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was wrong what he did yes, but do you take a mans lively hood away from him. Should your job fire you for cheating on your spouse or even your significant other? Should your job fire you for a lie that you tell to others? SHOULD GOD KILL YOU BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIVE THE WAY HE WANTS YOU TOO???? NO, he gives us chance after chance and he tells us to FORGIVE, but we can't !!!!!!!! Think about this the next time any of you make a mistake !!!!

8/5/09   |  

vick

8/5/09   |  

wrote:
Hey WTF??? dude dante is former pat so he's good..vick is dog killer so he sucks...duh?

Hey????? Do i know u? Im kinda creeped....LOL

8/2/09   |  

It is amazing how you 263 woh like that commit. Really You like the Vick situation over a women possibly being raped by Big Ben? A women is less important then a dog. Wow priority is just twisted these days.. Brett farve addicted to drugs which was not his no outrage!! He is the greatest no matter what. Really.the truth is in everyone face but daily it is overlooked..

8/2/09   |  

Jay did you know a QB hit a pedestrion and killed him and no coverage this was about 6-7 years ago no public outrage no jail time this guy play the position of QB oh coarse.. Hey I guesse you say the public is teaching these guys. but why not the other guy there is only one thing that separate them.. i wonder how many lifelines you will use to answer this..NFL and some fans are just not ready to face there fears in a mirror are you???

8/2/09   |     |   11 respect

There is a learning lesson hear in the cases of Vick, Stallworth, and Burress. When you are a professional athlete that is in the national spotlight and you commit a crime -- then it is better to admit to your mistake and show contrition a la Donte Stallworth. As opposed to lying and attempting to cover-up and failing to admit to your mistakes -- a la Vick and Burress. This shows me that it is perceived worse to try to beat the system than the actual crime itself.

8/1/09   |  

stallworth did it on accident which he hit a human being but he apoligized so its not like hes a criminal or nothing on the other hand  of course micheal vick is worse but he made a mistake that they made a big deal about because first of all he was a black man that already got in trouble for stuff in the past so they wanted to see vick go down and thats what happened over some little dogs killer dogs at  that pitbulls plus its not like dogs have a soul life is going to go one its not like you cry for a dog 3months but i say stallworth did worse

7/21/09   |     |   46 respect

wrote:
i think there both on the same level because you dont know how many dog lifes vick may have taking away with the dog fighting.

What?!   No comment! Seriously, I refuse to comment on this one!

7/21/09   |  

i think there both on the same level because you dont know how many dog lifes vick may have taking away with the dog fighting.

7/21/09   |  

Vick so much worse I mean you run over some one in freakin miami but vick let me tell you vick is a selfish crimanal

7/12/09   |  

i think both vick is dumb for what he did there fame goes to there head don,t think they will get caught ,and as far as stallworth he was even dumber drinking and driving ,hethere carrers are gone they don,t have none

7/12/09   |  

i dont get it ... i think vic deffinatly deserved what he got however stallworth should have gotten worse, he also chose to drive drunk therefore should get the book thrown at him....if that were my child i would really be angry intentional or not...he took a human life....

7/11/09   |  

stallworth, even though what vick did he still can kill him

7/11/09   |  

Vick worse

7/10/09   |     |   46 respect

wrote:
id say vick, he wasn't intoxicated and he knew exactly what he was doing

That's very smart! So had Vick been intoxicated, would you have been more understanding?

7/10/09   |  

I say Stallworth. I know it was a mistake, but a human being lost his life! Thats faaaaaaaar worst that killing dogs!

7/10/09   |  

id say vick, he wasn't intoxicated and he knew exactly what he was doing

7/8/09   |  

Vick dat dog killing basturd!!!

7/8/09   |   johnshirey54   |   162 respect

stallworth killed a person and got like a month in jail vick killed dogs and got almost 2 years, im not saying its ok to kill dogs but there is a huge differance between a dog and a human.

7/8/09   |  

wrote:
stallworth was an acident vick was on purpose but vick got punished stallworth really didnt but stallworth owned up and accepted responsibility so my take is i like both players vick is my fav. qb ever but neither is like life ending sins you know so there both on the same level to me.

not for stallworth hes not in prison for life hes just got live with it is what i was getting at

7/8/09   |     |   3 respect

(Edited by )

They both were wrong in their doings/choices and screwed up personally, but I think Stallworth taking someones life classifies as a worse crime of the two. I also think Stallworths sentecce was rather leniant. I expect more from our justice system.



On the flip side....I just hope both of them can overcome these challenging circumstances in their lives and are able to find some peace of mind and move forward with their careers as football players!

7/8/09   |     |   2 respect

I'm with Dave....The fact he killed someone leaves him a notch above Vick in the worst game...I believe the commish will sit on both of them for awhile longer with indefinite suspensions from the league

7/8/09   |     |   47 respect

Pat wrote:
Killing someone isn't a "life ending sin"? Tell that to the guy whose life was ended.

Except that you can't.  Both men screwed up royally, but something about the finality of someone's life being taken from them makes that situation a lot more difficult to deal with.  Whatever the circumstances were, it just seems wrong that the writing of a check could both reduce the penalty so much as well as make up for the loss of a life.

7/8/09   |  

hmmm.... thats a pretty good question. I'd say Vick only because I dont think it was Stallworth's intent to harm anyone. Vick on the other hand was just being a dick. Stallworth made a stupid mistake.

7/8/09   |  

mk_donley wrote:
Karnack: "Cellmates"
*rips end of envelope and blows into it*
Karnack: "What do Michael Vick and Dontae Stallworth have in common?"

ha i saw your massage that is very good thanks s much

7/8/09   |  

I think that Stallworth is the worse of the two. One took the lives of some dogs and one took the life of a human. People can always get another dog but people can not get another life. Vick has paid his debt with his jail time and whatever else that he was sentenced to. I think that Stallworth got off kind of easy considering he did take someone's life even though it was unintentional but that's just my opinion. I'm not here to judge anyone b/c that is not my job!

7/7/09   |   Pat   |   5232 respect

wrote:
stallworth was an acident vick was on purpose but vick got punished stallworth really didnt but stallworth owned up and accepted responsibility so my take is i like both players vick is my fav. qb ever but neither is like life ending sins you know so there both on the same level to me.

Killing someone isn't a "life ending sin"? Tell that to the guy whose life was ended.

7/7/09   |  

stallworth was an acident vick was on purpose but vick got punished stallworth really didnt but stallworth owned up and accepted responsibility so my take is i like both players vick is my fav. qb ever but neither is like life ending sins you know so there both on the same level to me.

7/7/09   |  

wrote:
Hey WTF??? dude dante is former pat so he's good..vick is dog killer so he sucks...duh?

I hope ur kidding!!! and watch ur language!! :)

7/6/09   |  

killing people is worse than dogs, wake up people.

7/6/09   |  

Hey WTF??? dude dante is former pat so he's good..vick is dog killer so he sucks...duh?

7/6/09   |     |   26 respect

Both did awfull things no doubt, but I think Stallworth got off way to easily. I mean he gets 30 days, and Vick got 2 years. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs, and have my own but when have the lives of dogs became more important then humans.

7/6/09   |  

wrote:
Excellent article!  Those same thoughts were going through my mind. I'm personally flabbergasted with the legal system in Florida right now. 

I believe that Vick's case was properly administered and the justice system showed that no matter who you are you will pay for your crime.  Well, Vick did just that.  Now, Stallworth unintentionally takes a human life, but it's a human life all the same that was taken and only has to do 30 days in jail because of a "loop-hole" in the system. 

This isn't even about the NFL anymore, it's about right and wrong and the inadequacies the legal system has shown by valuing an animals life over a humans life.  I do believe the system got it right with Vick, but wrong with Stallworth. 

crazyc,i definately agree with you that the 39 days stallworth got was ridiculous.definately should've got a harsher sentence. my thumbs up to you.

7/4/09   |     |   46 respect

wrote:
no because he denied it the whole time afterwards until he knew he was caught and that there was no way he was going to get away with it.

Listen, even if Donte wanted to lie and cover up his mess, he couldn't. There were witnesses and evidence on his car. That's a no-brainer. Don't give him credit for that. He would have been the only person driving a smashed-up black 2005 Bentley with a BAC of .126 had he left the scene.
All that lying from Vick was after the fact. Stallworth hanging around..., that too was after the fact.
Luckily for Goodell, he might only have to deal with one sick individual like Vick that fought dogs and funded the organization that also killed these dogs, in his lifetime. On the other hand, he will have to deal with 4-6 DUI cases every season.

7/4/09   |  

(Edited by )

no because he denied it the whole time afterwards until he knew he was caught and that there was no way he was going to get away with it.

7/4/09   |     |   46 respect

wrote:
obviously your judgement and motor skills decline when you drink. and even if he flashed his lights and honked his horn, the guy was jaywalking. I know exactly where the guy was hit, ive been to Miami a couple times and that is a busy road, the guy should have never crossed that street in a spot with no crosswalk. Im not condoning drinking and driving, but Stallworth did everything that was expected of him by stopping, calling 911, admitting he was drunk. He even said that he will live with the guilt the rest of his life and that it has ruined his life. Vick did none of that, he was not sorry for what he did, and Im not PETA member but dogs are important too, not as important as humans, but they are not too far off.

So..., would you have been more understanding if Vick was impaired when he committed his crimes?

7/4/09   |  

wrote:

Your perception time, reaction time and your braking time increases significantly when you are impaired by alcohol or drugs. On top of being impaired, he was doing 50 in a 40 zone. He said he saw the pedestrian, flashed his lights and still nailed the guy. Unbelievable!! When you are impaired, you lose vision  accuracy and your peripheral vision declines.  I bet you would not have made that argument had it been one of your loved ones that was hit by an impaired driver. Get this: Stallworth purposely decided to drink and drive! Also, would you have been more understanding if Vick was impaired when he committed his crimes??
 

obviously your judgement and motor skills decline when you drink. and even if he flashed his lights and honked his horn, the guy was jaywalking. I know exactly where the guy was hit, ive been to Miami a couple times and that is a busy road, the guy should have never crossed that street in a spot with no crosswalk. Im not condoning drinking and driving, but Stallworth did everything that was expected of him by stopping, calling 911, admitting he was drunk. He even said that he will live with the guilt the rest of his life and that it has ruined his life. Vick did none of that, he was not sorry for what he did, and Im not PETA member but dogs are important too, not as important as humans, but they are not too far off.

7/4/09   |     |   46 respect

wrote:
Seriously, this is not even close. Stallworth didnt purposely go out and kill this man. also, this guy ran out in front of his car, they said even if he wasnt drunk there was no way he would have been able to avoid it.
Plus, Stallworth stopped immediately after hitting the man and called the cops and owned up to it like a man. Vick lied about it for how long. Yes Stallworth killed a human and Vick only killed dogs, but Stallworth was a man about it and took the heat that he deserved, Vick on the other hand did horrible things to dogs and then lied about it to save himself. Vick is WAY worse.

Your perception time, reaction time and your braking time increases significantly when you are impaired by alcohol or drugs. On top of being impaired, he was doing 50 in a 40 zone. He said he saw the pedestrian, flashed his lights and still nailed the guy. Unbelievable!! When you are impaired, you lose vision  accuracy and your peripheral vision declines.  I bet you would not have made that argument had it been one of your loved ones that was hit by an impaired driver. Get this: Stallworth purposely decided to drink and drive! Also, would you have been more understanding if Vick was impaired when he committed his crimes??
 

7/4/09   |  

Seriously, this is not even close. Stallworth didnt purposely go out and kill this man. also, this guy ran out in front of his car, they said even if he wasnt drunk there was no way he would have been able to avoid it.
Plus, Stallworth stopped immediately after hitting the man and called the cops and owned up to it like a man. Vick lied about it for how long. Yes Stallworth killed a human and Vick only killed dogs, but Stallworth was a man about it and took the heat that he deserved, Vick on the other hand did horrible things to dogs and then lied about it to save himself. Vick is WAY worse.

7/3/09   |  

Im sorry but Stallworth killed a human! Im not saying what Vick did was right, and I HATE dog fighters but still a human life is a bit more important

7/3/09   |  

Surely not "Quick Vic". I am a pet lover; so this is not an update from someone who could careless about the welfare of animals. I do believe that Vic should have been punished, because all too often many players are getting away with things that are absurd at best. However the punish was extreme in nature and many players are still getting away with impacting the lives of 'humans' with merely a slap on the wrist. Punish? Yes-- but be consistent NFL, Legal system etc.

7/3/09   |  

Surely not "Quick Vic". I am a pet lover; so this is not an update from someone who could careless about the welfare of animals. I do believe that Vic should have been punished, because all too often many players are getting away with things that are absurd at best. However the punish was extreme in nature and many players are still getting away with impacting the lives of 'humans' with merely a slap on the wrist. Punish? Yes-- but be consistent NFL, Legal system etc.

7/3/09   |  

Surely not "Quick Vic". I am a pet lover; so this is not an update from someone who could careless about the welfare of animals. I do believe that Vic should have been punished, because all too often many players are getting away with things that are absurd at best. However the punish was extreme in nature and many players are still getting away with impacting the lives of 'humans' with merely a slap on the wrist. Punish? Yes-- but be consistent NFL, Legal system etc.

7/3/09   |  

The Crime here is the law and worse the judge that enacted it...all are examples of a justice system that is really messed up! Vick got too long a sentence and I really don't believe, given the evidence available to us, the public, that he was totally involved ....as for Stallworth his sentence was too easy given the circumstances...what price do you place on human life??? the body parts alone are worth more than 30 day!

7/3/09   |  

Vick is worse because he new what he was doing. Yes Stallworth did kill someone but he didn't try and deny it like Vick did.

7/3/09   |     |   13 respect

I'm not even trying 2 get a thumbs up, there's comparsion. Donte Stallworth should be in jail right now, Looking at 3-7 locked up with the big boys in prison. 

7/3/09   |   elevenbravo138again   |   1163 respect

wrote:
Excellent article!  Those same thoughts were going through my mind. I'm personally flabbergasted with the legal system in Florida right now. 

I believe that Vick's case was properly administered and the justice system showed that no matter who you are you will pay for your crime.  Well, Vick did just that.  Now, Stallworth unintentionally takes a human life, but it's a human life all the same that was taken and only has to do 30 days in jail because of a "loop-hole" in the system. 

This isn't even about the NFL anymore, it's about right and wrong and the inadequacies the legal system has shown by valuing an animals life over a humans life.  I do believe the system got it right with Vick, but wrong with Stallworth. 

All I can say CrazyC is ditto!

7/3/09   |   Pat   |   5232 respect

wrote:
Vick suck's ,he was one of the best quart back in the N.F.L till he went to jail.

No... he wasn't. Not even top 10.

7/3/09   |  

Vick suck's ,he was one of the best quart back in the N.F.L till he went to jail.

7/2/09   |  

i have to say stallworth,vick did not kill a human both made very bad choices,but i hope they have both changed 4 the better.and wish them the best.

7/2/09   |  

wrote:
WOW?! I am a dog lover but to think that this is even a decent question puzzles me.  Stallworth ran a man over with his car, Vick killed dogs (and I am a dog lover) but to compare the two is ignorant a humans life is worth so much more than a dogs life, no matter how bad the human is said to be.  We live in a society where a dogs life can be compared to a human, that is sad.  Both made horrible choices but to compare the two is insane. A humans life is worth more and that is coming from a dog lover, come on get real.

First off there was no outrage toward the pollster, it was a general response to a question. If you read the comment it was stating that a human's life is more important than a dog's life or at least it should be and on top of that you say it is for the illegal gambling ring so why is it that every time it comes up they say "dog fighting" and they always talk about the dogs that were treated in humane, rarely is there anything said about a gambling operation at any rate, a human's life is more important any way you put it, but good looking out.

6/25/09   |  

they both did hrrible things i personally think Vick because he didn't just kill 1 dog but thats my opinion

6/25/09   |  

Stallworth, i still think Human life is a more valuable than a dog's, but thats just an opinion

6/25/09   |  

I agree with ojekeme, and in the situation with stallworth, do you think he could afford a driver with the kind of money he makes? Therefore saving the lives of others.

6/25/09   |  

wrote:
Thank you for defending the rights of animals.  As an animal lover, I am utterly disgusted by the behavior of Vick.  I do feel deeply sorry for the family of the man Stallworth killed, but that was a terrible accident.  And I do believe he should have received a longer sentence.  These dogs were intentionally fought, abused, tortured, and murdered by Vick and his "posse" of hoodlums.  These were both horrible crimes, and everyone should just agree to that.

Why? there are others all over the world and overseas fighting dogs, whats the difference in vick and the others.  It's steal wrong, and the man has done his time.

6/25/09   |   TheRoss   |   356 respect

Not an excuse, but the guy he hit was also breaking the law by jaywalking. The accident could easily have happened had he been sober. It happens all the time. 2 wrongs don't make a right obviously, but again, when it comes to US law, intent is EVERYTHING. Not to mention the different types of sentences that state and federal cases carry.

Honestly, comparing these two cases is apples and oranges.

6/25/09   |   Pat   |   5232 respect

wrote:
This is a good article. But let's state 1 big difference between Stallworth & Vick. Stallworth from day one never denied what he did. He admitted to what he did & didn't deny anything. He pled guilty and is helping the family out with the funeral arrangements. Unlike Vick who from day 1 said that all charges are ridiculous and he didn't do anything to the dogs. Then pleads guilty, only cause the guys took plea deals. Man if you say you're innocent why plead guilty fight for your innocence. Have your lawyer show their character as being unreliable. So I say Vick is worse, not only cause he killed the dogs & meant to, but claimed he was innocent & basicly felt stupid when his friends took the deals from the DA to turn against him. Stallworth man'd up & is taking what their giving him. I think the courts/judges tend to be a bit leanit when you admit to what you have done and are willing to take the punishment.

Plaxico is a different case. I don't know why he thinks he won't get the mandatory 3.5 years for carrying an unregistered handgun. His career might be over as we speak. Dude plead guilty & due your time. You're making it worse by dragging it out like this. oh well, Plax nice knowing you.

Let's state another difference. Stallworth was intoxicated beyond the legal limit, and got behind the wheel of a car.

6/25/09   |     |   46 respect

wrote:
This is a good article. But let's state 1 big difference between Stallworth & Vick. Stallworth from day one never denied what he did. He admitted to what he did & didn't deny anything. He pled guilty and is helping the family out with the funeral arrangements. Unlike Vick who from day 1 said that all charges are ridiculous and he didn't do anything to the dogs. Then pleads guilty, only cause the guys took plea deals. Man if you say you're innocent why plead guilty fight for your innocence. Have your lawyer show their character as being unreliable. So I say Vick is worse, not only cause he killed the dogs & meant to, but claimed he was innocent & basicly felt stupid when his friends took the deals from the DA to turn against him. Stallworth man'd up & is taking what their giving him. I think the courts/judges tend to be a bit leanit when you admit to what you have done and are willing to take the punishment.

Plaxico is a different case. I don't know why he thinks he won't get the mandatory 3.5 years for carrying an unregistered handgun. His career might be over as we speak. Dude plead guilty & due your time. You're making it worse by dragging it out like this. oh well, Plax nice knowing you.

There was blood all over his car plus witnesses. He could not deny it. Stop giving this drunk credit!

6/25/09   |  

well michael vick killed dogs and stallworth killed a human being and received less time..what's up with the criminal justice system...is a dog's life more valuable than a human beings?

6/24/09   |   blondie45044   |   5873 respect

(Edited by blondie45044)

People lets look at this in a different light! If you or I were to have run over that person and killed them with our bank accounts then we would be buried under the jail! $$$ makes nobody better then the other or worse taking any life is a sin. I agree admitting guilt is great ... does that mean if I go rob a bank and kill someone while doing it say I am sorry and help bury the person I should be set free and go on with my life? That might be alright for someone who can be bought but 30 days that is a bit crazy!

6/24/09   |     |   17 respect

This is a good article. But let's state 1 big difference between Stallworth & Vick. Stallworth from day one never denied what he did. He admitted to what he did & didn't deny anything. He pled guilty and is helping the family out with the funeral arrangements. Unlike Vick who from day 1 said that all charges are ridiculous and he didn't do anything to the dogs. Then pleads guilty, only cause the guys took plea deals. Man if you say you're innocent why plead guilty fight for your innocence. Have your lawyer show their character as being unreliable. So I say Vick is worse, not only cause he killed the dogs & meant to, but claimed he was innocent & basicly felt stupid when his friends took the deals from the DA to turn against him. Stallworth man'd up & is taking what their giving him. I think the courts/judges tend to be a bit leanit when you admit to what you have done and are willing to take the punishment.

Plaxico is a different case. I don't know why he thinks he won't get the mandatory 3.5 years for carrying an unregistered handgun. His career might be over as we speak. Dude plead guilty & due your time. You're making it worse by dragging it out like this. oh well, Plax nice knowing you.

6/24/09   |     |   6 respect

f'in rediculous, if any other joe schmo were to have done the same thing, he would have been in jail for whatever the sentence is. Stallworth should go to jail for way more than 30 days...thats just B.S. and I hope he drives himself mad thinking about it.

6/24/09   |   TheRoss   |   356 respect

Well, I say Vick, and here is why.

Yes, killing a human is worse than killing animals.

However, What Stallworth did was incredibly stupid, and wrong. he did not commit murder. He did not intend to kill anyone. No to mention, he never lied. Also, it is a state case, and not a federal case. Federal cases usually have higher sentences. Michael Vick intended to run an illegal gambling ring. He intended to kill those dogs on multiple occassions. And he intended to lie about it and try to get away with it.

The feds don't come after you unless they are positive they can convict you. I maintain to this day, that if Vick had confessed, and worked a deal early on, instead of lying to his family, his team, his teammates, his friends, the NFL, and the Federal Government, his sentence would have been much lighter.

6/23/09   |     |   3 respect

That i can't speak on, maybe they ranked him before the Madden Pic's. He should be there, i agree.

6/23/09   |     |   3 respect

The best QB ever, Brett Favre. The Minnesota Vikins have what they need for a championship year. Good luck.

6/23/09   |     |   3 respect

It does'nt matter what Brett Favre does, he has alot of fuel left in that arm. I wish him the best, he's still my #1 QB. Good luck to him and his career.

6/22/09   |  

It's a crime any way you look at it, but some people are so fortunate to get off the hook, if you will, because of their name or what they do. Wish I were that lucky!

6/22/09   |  

I think they are both the same. They both committed crimes and it seems as if some pro athletes get a tap on the shoulder

6/22/09   |  

They were both equally worse because they both killed. They were both foolish and they knew that what they were doing was wrong.

6/22/09   |     |   46 respect

BudweiserNine...are you serious?? We all agree that Vick was wrong to fight those dogs and turn around and kill them. We are on the same page with that!! It bothers me though, when you equate a dog's life to that of a human being! Listen, I love my Jack Russell Terrier a heck of a lot. But if I had to choose between saving the life of a human being and my Jack Russell...you bet I'll save that person!! I'm pretty sure you would do the same. Don't let your love for dogs cloud your better judgment. Imagine that one of the dogs Vick killed was yours, then imagine that Stallworth killed your Dad on his way home from work. Who would you be more ticked off at?

6/22/09   |  

(Edited by )

kill a person get 30 days kill dogs get 2 years? how is this right on any planet? I am all for animal rights be a person is a sentient being. a dog cant develop the next cure for cancer? I am all for animal rights but I am a little more in favor for human rights and I think he should have served at least 1 year for killing someone.
No matter if the guy was jay walking or not..
so bar far stallworth is the worst! and I dought  you will see him playing this season at all...

6/22/09   |  

Even the commishioner new this one. I'm surprised the court didn't give a harder sentence.

6/21/09   |     |   51 respect

Human life > Any form of animal life. Sorry, but Stallworth's sentence is a travesty. You can argue intent all you want, but at the end of the day, Stallworth committed the more heinous crime.

6/21/09   |  

What they both did was wrong, but I feel that Vick paid a higher price. It is a sad day in America when the life of a animal get more than that of a human . What is this world coming to.

6/21/09   |  

wrote:
Because your a human and only showing bias towards humans. Humans don't have a good track record last time I looked at being the most worthy. We're basically using all resources, we have been the only cause of air and water pollution, we have wars because countries can't get along with each other, we're the only ones who actually murder one another basically. Most other animals that kill each other are for survival instincts and such. Yes from the look of it humans really are the most treasured. Please reply to me with an intelligent post next time. Other then trying to use the old child routine which was actually pathetic by your part.

Thank you for defending the rights of animals.  As an animal lover, I am utterly disgusted by the behavior of Vick.  I do feel deeply sorry for the family of the man Stallworth killed, but that was a terrible accident.  And I do believe he should have received a longer sentence.  These dogs were intentionally fought, abused, tortured, and murdered by Vick and his "posse" of hoodlums.  These were both horrible crimes, and everyone should just agree to that.

6/21/09   |  

wrote:
Sorry, I was just trying to make a point. I'm sure that the people of  Florida are as against drunk driving as anyone, but your laws seem to indicate that.

It's ok, I was just joking....but I do see your point.

6/21/09   |     |   16 respect

wrote:
Please don't encourage the drunk drivers to move here, we have enough bad drivers as it is!!!

Sorry, I was just trying to make a point. I'm sure that the people of  Florida are as against drunk driving as anyone, but your laws seem to indicate that.

6/21/09   |  

wrote:
Florida needs to change their law and get up to date with most of the other states. If you like to drive while drunk, I guess you should move to Florida.

Please don't encourage the drunk drivers to move here, we have enough bad drivers as it is!!!

6/21/09   |  

Stallworth's so called accident is the worst.Vick had to do plenty of time in the Pen.I know he did wrong and he paid for it.But for someone to kill a human being and get 30 days is crazy.I dont understand how these sports stars and actors can get away with everything.If you or I ever did a crime like this,there would be no loop holes like jay-walking.We would be thrown in the slammer for life.Its about time for celebs to get what we would!!!

6/20/09   |  

I think that it is Stallwort and that is all that I am going to say about that.

6/20/09   |  

well let's see I know a man who was hit and laid in a coma for 10 days then died from a car hitting him in hollyhill florida and the driver didn't even get a ticket... and an officer of the law was supposed to have commented on the pedestrian that he was a bad person anyways... now whether a bad person or not didn't he deserve justice? Oh yeah the victim was in the crosswalk... I am a bucs fan so I can comment honestly that although stallworth took a human life accidentally he should have a stiffer penalty but michael vick did his crime willingly and knew what he was doing... so i feel the penalty was just, but i don't feel he should be allowed back into sports... kids look at sports figures as heroes and i feel vick and stallworth should not be called heroes.

6/20/09   |  

100%InjuryRate wrote:
Are you sure you don't want to use your LIFELINE?

/I'll show myself out

Pal, phone a friend! Sense when is a human life worth less than an animals. What Vick did was wrong, but Stallworth got away with murder in most states because he is an athlete. You must be a browns fan!

6/20/09   |  

Stallsworth is an idiot

6/20/09   |  

Vick just did too many things to return to Atlanta. He pissed on his fans when he flicked us a bird, ruined the secret-stash water bottle guy's carreer when caught with pot in bottle at airport. Plus he couldn't even take us to the playoffs. Sure other "white" people torture animals, but 2 wrongs do not = a right, and nobody of his notoriety has ever been caught torturing/fighting animals. Grow up Vick, u were a big time quarterback still doing some old small-time bets on dogfighting ; grow up

6/20/09   |  

Adding comment... michael vick should not be shot for what he did . white people been doing this for yrs and they did not shoot them.

6/20/09   |  

dog fight did not just begin with michaeal vick it has been going on for yrs they just use him as an example cause he was an nfl figure and he was black

6/19/09   |  

Micheal Vick did not kill a human being. Point blank...get over it.

6/19/09   |  

I say stallworth! was it an accident that he got in his car after he had been drinkin? And what did he say " I had flashed him twice with his high beams" ??? Are u serious!!!

6/19/09   |  

i say vick stallworth was an accident vick was really immature at that time but i still accept vick for who he is stereotypes are all ways identifying blacks as thugs

6/19/09   |     |   47 respect

wrote:
Haven't had one too many yet. Will definitely do that tonight.  Great discussion!

Likewise.  Enjoy the Friday (in moderation of course ).

6/19/09   |     |   46 respect

wrote:
"One too many beer."

Umm...yeah, that makes a whole lot of sense.  I think you are the one who should lay off the beer.

Vick is in the mess he is in now, and to the degree of seriousness that it has escalated to because of the fact that he lied to Goodell on multiple occasions.  Vick lied to Goodell, to Arthur Blank, and to the federal courts. He repeated several times to everyone that he did not take part in the dog fighting when he bank rolled the operation and was the ringleader of "Bad Newz Kennels." Even after he was caught he tried to lie and perjure himself to get off. 

He dug the whole he is in now for himself, made deeper through the stream of lies he told.  Sure he has (almost) served his time, but he will have one hell of a chance getting reinstated in the league by the man in charge of it all.

Haven't had one too many yet. Will definitely do that tonight.  Great discussion!

6/19/09   |     |   47 respect

wrote:
I think you have had one too many beer. The real issue for Roger is not to find out why Vick lied to him. It will be to determine whether or not Vick should be allowed back in the league after being convicted of dog fighting and killing dogs. The lie Vick told to Roger is a non-issue. He will not be dismissed from the league because of the lies he told. Oh, my asking who Roger Goodell was...that was a rhetorical question. The next time someone poses a rhetorical question, no formal response is required.

"One too many beer."

Umm...yeah, that makes a whole lot of sense.  I think you are the one who should lay off the beer.

Vick is in the mess he is in now, and to the degree of seriousness that it has escalated to because of the fact that he lied to Goodell on multiple occasions.  Vick lied to Goodell, to Arthur Blank, and to the federal courts. He repeated several times to everyone that he did not take part in the dog fighting when he bank rolled the operation and was the ringleader of "Bad Newz Kennels." Even after he was caught he tried to lie and perjure himself to get off. 

He dug the whole he is in now for himself, made deeper through the stream of lies he told.  Sure he has (almost) served his time, but he will have one hell of a chance getting reinstated in the league by the man in charge of it all.

6/19/09   |     |   6 respect

wrote:

YOU KNOW WHEN YOU GO OUT DRINK AND DRIVE THERE IS A HIGH PROBABILITY THAT YOU CAN HIT SOMETHING OR KILL SOMEONE....WHAT ABOUT HUNTING AND HORSE RACING RODEOS IS THAT NOT INHUMANE

Sorry, but I don't believe horse racing and rodeos are inhumane, those race horses are better taken care of then some kids in this country. As for rodeos I haven't been to one  that I have seen animals being misstreated. I love rodeos I'm a world champion barrel racer, Nat'l champion team penner my dad is a world champion bronc rider, and by brother is a world champion bull rider. My family also hunts, actually I recieved a bear kill permit for sept. hope I get that 500 pounder that keeps on sleeping on my patio!

6/19/09   |     |   46 respect

wrote:
Farbeit to see a statement as asinine as that one is.  Goodell is the Commissioner of the league in which Vick was, and still wishes to seek employment in.  That's like lying to the CEO of a company you work for.  Not exactly the wisest course of action for someone who wishes to enjoy the fame and fortune that comes with the privilege of participating in the National Football League.

I think you have had one too many beer. The real issue for Roger is not to find out why Vick lied to him. It will be to determine whether or not Vick should be allowed back in the league after being convicted of dog fighting and killing dogs. The lie Vick told to Roger is a non-issue. He will not be dismissed from the league because of the lies he told. Oh, my asking who Roger Goodell was...that was a rhetorical question. The next time someone poses a rhetorical question, no formal response is required.

6/19/09   |     |   47 respect

wrote:
And who is Roger Goodell that he should not be lied to? Vick was trying to save his job and his ass...that's why he lied. Roger needs to stop whining and move on with his life. So what if he was lied to?!

Farbeit to see a statement as asinine as that one is.  Goodell is the Commissioner of the league in which Vick was, and still wishes to seek employment in.  That's like lying to the CEO of a company you work for.  Not exactly the wisest course of action for someone who wishes to enjoy the fame and fortune that comes with the privilege of participating in the National Football League.

6/19/09   |     |   46 respect

And who is Roger Goodell that he should not be lied to? Vick was trying to save his job and his ass...that's why he lied. Roger needs to stop whining and move on with his life. So what if he was lied to?!

6/19/09   |   spidey333   |   756 respect

STALLWORTH AT LEAST ADMITTED TO THE CRIME AND SETTLED WITH THE FAMILY VICK KILLED DOGS THEN TRY TO COVER IT UP NEVER REALLY ADMITTING HE WAS GULITY THOUGH I DONT AGREE ON STALLWORTH GETING OFF SO EASLY

6/19/09   |  

donte killed a man vick killed some dogs or watched people kill dogs hmmmmm tough 1

6/19/09   |  

They are both losers.

6/19/09   |  

30 days for killing a human and a big check??? What message does that send to Micheal Vick??? What is the true value of human life compared to a dog??? Apparently not much at all.

6/19/09   |   Pat   |   5232 respect

wrote:
Both were wrong, but i have to say Stallworth. At least Vick told the truth about what he did...I flashed my lights twice!?? Yeah right!!

Yeah, no kidding. I almost peed myself when I head that. He had enough time to flash his lights, but not enough time to hit the brakes, or try to avoid him? Ummmm...

6/19/09   |  

Both were wrong, but i have to say Stallworth. At least Vick told the truth about what he did...I flashed my lights twice!?? Yeah right!!

6/19/09   |     |   6 respect

Stallworth. No question. He took a mans life while drunk and tried to use the "I flashed my lights twice" excuse. If I did that it would have been max penalties. I guess you catch a few touchdowns and run fast you do what you want.

6/19/09   |  

You can't compare these crimes, but I would go with Sallworth

6/19/09   |  

VICK IS NOT A MURDERER/ STALLWORTH IS

6/19/09   |  

There is no comparison between taking a mans life over fighting some dogs you can replace the dogs but that man that donte killed is not coming back I think its some bull he should have been seriously punished for that crime he killed someone over being stupid Michael all he did was fight some dogs noone died hell the dogs didnt even die

6/18/09   |  

YOU KNOW WHEN YOU GO OUT DRINK AND DRIVE THERE IS A HIGH PROBABILITY THAT YOU CAN HIT SOMETHING OR KILL SOMEONE....WHAT ABOUT HUNTING AND HORSE RACING RODEOS IS THAT NOT INHUMANE

6/18/09   |     |   104 respect

wrote:
Excellent article!  Those same thoughts were going through my mind. I'm personally flabbergasted with the legal system in Florida right now. 

I believe that Vick's case was properly administered and the justice system showed that no matter who you are you will pay for your crime.  Well, Vick did just that.  Now, Stallworth unintentionally takes a human life, but it's a human life all the same that was taken and only has to do 30 days in jail because of a "loop-hole" in the system. 

This isn't even about the NFL anymore, it's about right and wrong and the inadequacies the legal system has shown by valuing an animals life over a humans life.  I do believe the system got it right with Vick, but wrong with Stallworth. 

just thank of what happens in calf. ur for sure to get away with anything in that state, its the hot sun that beats down on the brain,lol

6/18/09   |  

wrote:
Because your a human and only showing bias towards humans. Humans don't have a good track record last time I looked at being the most worthy. We're basically using all resources, we have been the only cause of air and water pollution, we have wars because countries can't get along with each other, we're the only ones who actually murder one another basically. Most other animals that kill each other are for survival instincts and such. Yes from the look of it humans really are the most treasured. Please reply to me with an intelligent post next time. Other then trying to use the old child routine which was actually pathetic by your part.

Well you should totally ridiculous here and i won't go any further with a person who is debating human life and justifying it with silly animal PETA talk. If you have a child and you think its more important to keep a dog satisfied even to the detriment of your child or family amazing cowboy.... this is the reason the world is sick and diseased and in bad shape....but it takes all kinds to make the world turn...TRUST YOU GOT THE WORLD SPINNING

6/18/09   |  

wrote:
What, a problem with the American Judicial System? Color me shocked.

I completely agree...show me one courtroom in this country that follows any ethical rules at all and I'll put myself in jail...we're all guilty of something.  Judges, attorneys and anyone who works in legal will tell you that it's all about favors, ideas, trailblazing, etc.  "You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours..."  It has nothing to do with us little people.  So don't try to figure out why this doesn't make sense.  It never will...this is just another example

6/18/09   |  

without question it is stallworth. he took a human life, as bad as what vick done i don't think u can compare the two.

6/18/09   |   cynthiamcbeth

Wow! Is there really a comparsion ? The two crimes of the two men are different in every way. Both of the guys made a cruical decision at a point in their lives that has cost them damage to their careers, Stallworth being indefinitely suspended for manslaughter of an individual whereas Vick was convicted of dog fighting. So to ask the question who's worst, are we to look @ the person or the acts committed by Vick/Stallworth. Worse? No. It's a shame 2 very talented men made a choice that changed the course of their lives then their careers. The worst thing I see from this is lessons arent being learned. Everybody cant be a role model and it's up to parents to teach their children what a role model is by being one themselves. Because @ the end of the day somewhere in the news will be another incident to change our prospective on who we should look up to.

6/18/09   |     |   2 respect

These guys are suppose to be role models for our children. What message are they sending them doing these terrible things? They need to stop and think how much they affect our future.

6/18/09   |  

stop stop stop...u guys act like ya'll some angels..people mess up in life....and when u do you will have someone will give u a shot to show how sorry u are. but here you are a=sayin vick is thid Donte is dis...stop it ya'll...and give this guys a chance they sorry.....

6/18/09   |   Pat   |   5232 respect

ChrisIL wrote:
Michael Vick. Those dogs had no idea what, or why that slime ball was hurting them. We make them pets because God put us here to take care of them. If he ever even plays a day in somebody's training camp, I am mailing all my Bears stuff to the Commissioner, and I will never watch another NFL game again. OK, that's overboard. Put Michael in a room full of pitt bulls and dobermans that haven't eaten in two days. If he survives in there for 12 hours I will watch football again.

This is an example of irrational thinking. The man has served his time. Let him be.

Donte Stallworth KILLED A MAN. A human being.

6/18/09   |  

(Edited by )

Michael Vick. Those dogs had no idea what, or why that slime ball was hurting them. We make them pets because God put us here to take care of them. If he ever even plays a day in somebody's training camp, I am mailing all my Bears stuff to the Commissioner, and I will never watch another NFL game again. OK, that's overboard. Put Michael in a room full of pitt bulls and dobermans that haven't eaten in two days. If he survives in there for 12 hours I will watch football again.

6/18/09   |  

It just goes to show how screwed up our society is! I can not see anyone killing a dog and getting a heavier sentance than someone that killed a human. It is crazy to even think. Just goes to show with money and fame you can get away with anything.

6/18/09   |  

DS' incident was just an accident i do not think he intentionally hit that guy.......
but  MV now that son of a @#$%^& must have been put away for a longer period than 2 years...

6/18/09   |  

Seriously? DS was just one error in judgement. An accident.

6/18/09   |  

they are human and humans make mistakes neither on is bad just made a bad chose in life dont forget god forgives us for our sins, its man that doesnt.

6/18/09   |  

wrote:
Did you even read my post?  I was affirming the sentiment expressed by "philhagens" REMOVING the element of race and other superficial attributes to the situation.  It seems as though your over-impassioned views caused you to read something completely different than the content of my post.

Perhaps you only read the first line of "philhagens" post and jumped to a very poor conclusion instead of reading the whole thing.  His words are very well spoken, and I agreed with him and added a few of my own perspectives....

Actually I was adding to your comment about it being crazy to attribute stupid behavior to only Blacks. I have a hard time negotiating this site and I apologize if I posted my response in the wrong place. I gave the examples to bolster your argument.

6/17/09   |  

wrote:
WOW?! I am a dog lover but to think that this is even a decent question puzzles me.  Stallworth ran a man over with his car, Vick killed dogs (and I am a dog lover) but to compare the two is ignorant a humans life is worth so much more than a dogs life, no matter how bad the human is said to be.  We live in a society where a dogs life can be compared to a human, that is sad.  Both made horrible choices but to compare the two is insane. A humans life is worth more and that is coming from a dog lover, come on get real.

What do you mean by get real? If this was such a dumb question then why did Vick get the harsher penalty FROM THE COURTS! Keep in mind, Vick didn't go to jail for killing dogs, he went for running an interstate gambling operation, a violation of the Federal RICO Act. The fact that he had a hand in killing the dogs just made his sentence harsher. Two years for dogs compared to 30 days for a human. Your outrage should be towards the courts, not the pollster.

6/17/09   |  

I do believe that he should be given another chance since he paid for his crime.

6/17/09   |  

wrote:
He joins the ranks of other black murders and rapists , Kobe, R. lewis , R. Carruth , M. Tyson, OJ

You are correct in saying this crime goes along with the other BLACK players of the professional leagues. However I believe their are bad and good seeds in all races. This is not a black thing, and as a black man I'm well aware that a great number of black people weather they play sports or not commit all sorts of crimes. However other race do as well.  Wrong is wrong no matter what color your skin is.  Their are decent black and decent people in all cultures, and their are bad ones also.  Take off the color shades and look at it for what it is........ A stupid mistake!!!!

6/17/09   |   cowboysfan555   |   1 respect

wrote:
WELL FIRST OF ALL IF YOU COMPARE YOUR CHILDS WORTH ON THE SAME LEVEL AS A DOG YOU ARE SICK IN THE HEAD AND NEED HELP WOW I CANT BELIEVE THIS AMAZING YOU WOULD EVEN COMPARE

Because your a human and only showing bias towards humans. Humans don't have a good track record last time I looked at being the most worthy. We're basically using all resources, we have been the only cause of air and water pollution, we have wars because countries can't get along with each other, we're the only ones who actually murder one another basically. Most other animals that kill each other are for survival instincts and such. Yes from the look of it humans really are the most treasured. Please reply to me with an intelligent post next time. Other then trying to use the old child routine which was actually pathetic by your part.

6/17/09   |  

Stallworth has to live with the fact that he killed Mr. Reyes for the rest of his life...he will torment himself enough for us all...we cannot judge others when we have not walked in their shoes. Pray for them both instead...they need it!

6/17/09   |     |   46 respect

(Edited by )

If we are looking at intent, then we ought to look at what point Stallworth decided to have a drink, knowing he did not have a designated driver. His intention was to drink and drive on that day. Therefore, his intention was to disregard the lives of the other motorists and pedestrians on the roadway that day. In this country, it's children first, then women, then dogs, then all other pets...then men last! That's the problem. Thank God Stallworth did not kill a dog instead of the man he killed. He would be looking at no less than 23 months in jail.

6/17/09   |  

I think you hit the nail on the head.  Killing is wrong we say morally...but don't we kill animals to eat?  So morally its ok to kill animals to eat but not for other purposes...NO our morals are directly related to the views ofour elite be it religious, political or economic.  But it is an accepted truth in American society that it is alright to kill humans but not alright to kill animals...hence the different  sentences..QED

6/17/09   |     |   16 respect

wrote:
He joins the ranks of other black murders and rapists , Kobe, R. lewis , R. Carruth , M. Tyson, OJ

What does being black have to do with it? Race is not the issue here, people of every race have committed these types of crimes. Your character and you credibility are highly questionable now.

6/17/09   |   Debi_L   |   11845 respect

Not long ago a popular member of our community jaywalked and was killed.  There was a huge uproar to begin with because the person who hit him continued on without stopping.  There was a demand for the driver's head on a platter, life in jail, etc.  It turned out the person who hit him was completely unaware of the accident, having hit him with the part of the camper on their truck that hung out the side, and unfortunately out of view of even the mirrors.  The person was not drunk, in fact was a complete tea-totaler.  They came forward after all the uproar, realising that the thud they had heard while driving in the area on that day MUST have been the person.  No charges were ever filed.  The accident was blamed on the deceased for crossing in the middle of the street, out of the crosswalk.  Unfortunately, the driver has had to live with the knowledge that they are responsible for another person's death, intentionally or not.

I guess the point in all this rambling is to say that the deceased in Donte's case does bear some responsibillity.  No one will ever know whether it would have happened, had Donte been stone cold sober, but it could have.  I understand the Florida law.

Michael Vick deliberately bought dogs for fighting, forced those dogs to fight and then killed them in inhumane ways.  He deserved the punishment he got.  If he had put the dogs down in a humane manner I might not feel the way I do, but his torture of the dogs is the defining factor for me.

6/16/09   |  

 If you do the Crime then ya gotta do the TIME !!!

6/16/09   |  

Definetly Stallworth...I cant belive he only got a months sentence.

6/16/09   |  

WELL FIRST OF ALL IF YOU COMPARE YOUR CHILDS WORTH ON THE SAME LEVEL AS A DOG YOU ARE SICK IN THE HEAD AND NEED HELP WOW I CANT BELIEVE THIS AMAZING YOU WOULD EVEN COMPARE

6/16/09   |  

I lived in Ga for 10 years and just moved back to Indy and Vick sucks!!! We cant beleive he would do such things to animals and he was so stuck on hisself thinking he was what made the Falcons,,,,,,he wanted to play all positions and not pass the ball!!!!

6/16/09   |  

Well first of all this is really sad that he (Stallworth)gets 30 days in jail to do at his convience and he takes a human life....despite the fact that that he didnt have intentions he was well aware that drinking and driving can case not only a persons life but possibly his own life.... Vick involved in a activity of dogfighting(whatever his role was) 2 years .... any HUNTERS out there who have killed deer moose birds etc. Horse Racing where you run a horse till it breaks a leg or no longer wins races and you kill them.... since when a damn dog become more worthy than a human life boy o boy America has priorities backward....

6/16/09   |  

wrote:
Why not just say he joins the ranks of other murderers and rapists. 

probably because he/she is a part of the white murderers, rapists, serial killers, pedophiles, jury tampering, pyramid scheming, white collar crime.. bla bla bla... group of people?

6/16/09   |  

wrote:
cowboysfan555
 Stated that we should forget that Stallworth has lost his driving lic etc....
However he's rich!!!!!  He doesn't need a lic to drive..
He can hire a lifetime driver to take him anywhere he wants to. Both crimes by Vick and Stallworth were bad. 
I believe that wrong is wrong. We as people put degrees on the wrong someone does. We have taken it upon
ourselves to decide what is worse or not so bad.  Truth is both are wrong, and I think that if we all take a good
look in the miror we'll see another person that has do some wrong in life. Maybe not the same crimes but e
veryone has done something they shouldn't have.  The difference is that some of you didn't get caught in the
wrong you've done.  So to those who have and their info is plaster all over the news, lets condem them right? 
Wrong..... I say again both were wrong in what they did and its not up to us to say who should be accepted or
not. We don't know there hearts although we try and act as if we do.
 

He joins the ranks of other black murders and rapists , Kobe, R. lewis , R. Carruth , M. Tyson, OJ

6/16/09   |     |   14 respect

What is this an ethics class?  This isn't one of those questions like, "If you had to save 2 adults or 1 baby from death, which would you choose?"  I don't think you can compare the dog death with the manslaughter, or the punishments.  The only common thread is that both players are in the NFL.  One of the acts was inherently evil, the other irresponsible.  One affects several dog lives, the other several human lives.  The manslaughter is the bigger tragedy in my opinion, the dog-fighting the bigger testament to lack of character in some people in our society.

6/16/09   |  

(Edited by )

cowboysfan555
 Stated that we should forget that Stallworth has lost his driving lic etc....
However he's rich!!!!!  He doesn't need a lic to drive..
He can hire a lifetime driver to take him anywhere he wants to. Both crimes by Vick and Stallworth were bad. 
I believe that wrong is wrong. We as people put degrees on the wrong someone does. We have taken it upon
ourselves to decide what is worse or not so bad.  Truth is both are wrong, and I think that if we all take a good
look in the miror we'll see another person that has do some wrong in life. Maybe not the same crimes but e
veryone has done something they shouldn't have.  The difference is that some of you didn't get caught in the
wrong you've done.  So to those who have and their info is plaster all over the news, lets condem them right? 
Wrong..... I say again both were wrong in what they did and its not up to us to say who should be accepted or
not. We don't know there hearts although we try and act as if we do.
 

6/16/09   |     |   16 respect

wrote:

America is incredibly back ass wards.  Hundreds of people protest outside when Vick kills dogs but no one holds up a sign when a human is killed from drunk driving. 

Great point!

6/16/09   |     |   16 respect

(Edited by )

Did you say bottom? Nice pic you've got there.

6/16/09   |  

wrote:
Right, but we would be serving more than 30 days in jail.  The issue isn't whether he's remorseful or sorry about what happened, the issue (at least for me) is the sentencing part. 

Life is like a dodo sandwich,,,,,,, the more bread ($) you have the less dodo you have to eat!

6/16/09   |  

wrote:
Both men screwed up big time and should pay a much steeper price for it, that's for sure.  However, the main point here is just how long exactly until a celebrity/athlete/whatever is given the same punishment as a normal freaking person?  It's disgusting that the legal system can be bought so easily, as we see just about every single day in this country.  If the other 90% of the world that is not a celebrity or of great wealth had committed either of these heinous crimes, what punishment would they receive? 

Plaxico Burress is further proof of this damning example, and it also makes me wonder if our prisons would be so packed if everyone were able to afford the legal teams capable (or wealthy) enough to discover there loopholes or negotiate these extremely weak sentences.  I'm not sure which way would be better, but I do know that it sets a terrible example for our country and for the children and people that look up to guys like this, who commit the crimes but don't necessarily have to serve the time.

DUDE  you hit the nail right on the head!!!!    THey are both peices of Sh*&*&^^*t!

6/16/09   |  

What, a problem with the American Judicial System? Color me shocked.

6/16/09   |   cowboysfan555   |   1 respect

wrote:
To answer the question posed in the title, I still think Leonard Little is worse than both of these guys.  His actions just occurred at a time when the internet media was still doing a lot of growing.

This also goes to show that Univ. of Tennessee has produced a lot of troubled athletes. Off the top of my head is Stallworth, Little, Henry and Haynesworth. I know their are plenty more but those were some of the big names. Phillip Fulmer really had no idea what the word discipline means. I have a feeling Lane Kiffin isn't going to be much better.

6/16/09   |     |   5 respect

wrote:
And for some reason I get the sense that at least a couple of you all have at least driven after drinking. I'm not saying you were probably drunk and couldn't walk straight but anytime you get behind the wheel after drinking period you are at a risk of endangering lives. The common sense rule that buzzed driving is drunk driving. Who's to say that Stallworth didn't have a very high tolerance but was over the legal limit and had nothing more then a buzz. Maybe he figured he was still below the legal limit. So anyone who has ever driven buzzed on here, which I'm sure their are plenty even if everyone denies it, probably could have easily committed the same crime Stallworth did.

Right, but we would be serving more than 30 days in jail.  The issue isn't whether he's remorseful or sorry about what happened, the issue (at least for me) is the sentencing part. 

6/16/09   |     |   47 respect

To answer the question posed in the title, I still think Leonard Little is worse than both of these guys.  His actions just occurred at a time when the internet media was still doing a lot of growing.

6/16/09   |   cowboysfan555   |   1 respect

And for some reason I get the sense that at least a couple of you all have at least driven after drinking. I'm not saying you were probably drunk and couldn't walk straight but anytime you get behind the wheel after drinking period you are at a risk of endangering lives. The common sense rule that buzzed driving is drunk driving. Who's to say that Stallworth didn't have a very high tolerance but was over the legal limit and had nothing more then a buzz. Maybe he figured he was still below the legal limit. So anyone who has ever driven buzzed on here, which I'm sure their are plenty even if everyone denies it, probably could have easily committed the same crime Stallworth did.

6/16/09   |     |   65 respect

As a dog lover I thought what Vick did was horrendous, but he did pay a steep price. I certainly dont think he got off easy. Yet, though Stallworth didnt "mean" to kill anyone, I mean WTF? He WAS drunk. That isnt at least as bad as what Vick did? He took a human life. 30 days? There is no way in hell Stallworths crime is that much less than Vicks! He should get at least 2 years if not more.

6/16/09   |   cowboysfan555   |   1 respect

wrote:
I have to wonder if you would feel the same way if that was your mom or dad.....

I guess I would. Although I've never known them to be crossing streets illegally either.

6/16/09   |   Pat   |   5232 respect

wrote:
Cowherd is an idiot.

Always has been, always will be.

6/16/09   |   ojekeme1   |   600 respect

There is not even any conparison. Stallworth chose to get drunk and then was irresponsible enough to get behind the wheel of an automobile. Any normal citizen would have gotten at least 5 years in prison. for doing this. Not only was what Stallworth did worse he got away with it.

6/16/09   |     |   5 respect

wrote:
I'm not saying what Stallworth did was fine. He deserves punishment for what he did and probably more then he got. But this is why you cross streets at appropriate crosswalks. I'm not saying that Stallworth still wouldn't have hit him if it happened at a crosswalk but what I am saying is that this MAY have been prevented if the victim would have made a wiser choice. I see it all the time. People will try their best to judge a run across a road not at a crosswalk. And most of the time their less then a couple hundred feet from a proper crosswalk. They tend to get this sense that the pedestrian has the right away between crosswalks as well. Which of course is wrong and illegal. Stallworth did stop right away and took the appropriate action of calling the police, something a lot of people don't do when their drunk.

Something tells me Stallworth doesn't feel good about taking a human life. He'll have to live with it. But lets not forget that Stallworth got 2 years of house arrest and won't be able to have a driver's license the rest of his life. I'm in no way trying to defend Stallworth on his actions at all even though its kind of looking like that but I do think I see how the judge based his decision. I think he was smart enough to realize that Stallworth was dumb enough to drive drunk but that Stallworth also ran into bad luck because of someone jaywalking. I think the judge's punishment was basically because of Stallworth driving drunk and making a very poor decision.

However, I do not see how anyone can think Stallworth's crime was worse then Vick's crime. They both made stupid decisions. Stallworth knew that driving drunk was against the law while Vick obviously knew that you can't kill dogs for fun and contribute in any sort of dogfighting. I look at it this way. Vick took dogs' lives on purpose while Stallworth knowing the risk of driving drunk which leads to so many deaths had no intention of killing someone. Stallworth may have had a good tolerance and saying he probably partied a lot I'm sure he did. He probably felt very capable of driving and may have encountered a bad luck situation with someone that also was doing something illegal.

I have to wonder if you would feel the same way if that was your mom or dad.....

6/16/09   |   cowboysfan555   |   1 respect

I'm not saying what Stallworth did was fine. He deserves punishment for what he did and probably more then he got. But this is why you cross streets at appropriate crosswalks. I'm not saying that Stallworth still wouldn't have hit him if it happened at a crosswalk but what I am saying is that this MAY have been prevented if the victim would have made a wiser choice. I see it all the time. People will try their best to judge a run across a road not at a crosswalk. And most of the time their less then a couple hundred feet from a proper crosswalk. They tend to get this sense that the pedestrian has the right away between crosswalks as well. Which of course is wrong and illegal. Stallworth did stop right away and took the appropriate action of calling the police, something a lot of people don't do when their drunk.

Something tells me Stallworth doesn't feel good about taking a human life. He'll have to live with it. But lets not forget that Stallworth got 2 years of house arrest and won't be able to have a driver's license the rest of his life. I'm in no way trying to defend Stallworth on his actions at all even though its kind of looking like that but I do think I see how the judge based his decision. I think he was smart enough to realize that Stallworth was dumb enough to drive drunk but that Stallworth also ran into bad luck because of someone jaywalking. I think the judge's punishment was basically because of Stallworth driving drunk and making a very poor decision.

However, I do not see how anyone can think Stallworth's crime was worse then Vick's crime. They both made stupid decisions. Stallworth knew that driving drunk was against the law while Vick obviously knew that you can't kill dogs for fun and contribute in any sort of dogfighting. I look at it this way. Vick took dogs' lives on purpose while Stallworth knowing the risk of driving drunk which leads to so many deaths had no intention of killing someone. Stallworth may have had a good tolerance and saying he probably partied a lot I'm sure he did. He probably felt very capable of driving and may have encountered a bad luck situation with someone that also was doing something illegal.

6/16/09   |     |   68 respect

Stallworth look in the mirror and see every single day for the rest of your life you killed an innocent human being and got away with it.  I do not support what Vick did but with the Vick case, cameras and reporters every single day outside the court house and following Vick everywhere.  On Stallworth unless you do pay attention to sports and football no one would really know cause you don't have 500 reporters blocking the court house.

6/16/09   |  

i would have to say stallworth because he killed an innocent citizen, and the only thing vick did was fight dogs. Stallworth better spend more time in jail than vick did.

6/16/09   |     |   16 respect

Florida needs to change their law and get up to date with most of the other states. If you like to drive while drunk, I guess you should move to Florida.

6/16/09   |     |   4 respect

I agree with beast for the most part, but to see the manor in which those dogs were treated infuriates the hell out of me & here's Vick acting as if he didn't know it was happening - come on & earn up to it so you can make it right, instead he acts as if he's going to contribute to a foundation that saves dogs ONLY so he can be reinstated in the NFL, what a piece of work Vick! Anyways, it's still no comparison to any infraction of a Human life, yet the fact that those in the spotlight can walk away with a mere slap on the wrist for things that every day people would damn near get the death penalty still exists & sickens me to my stomach every time I hear these headlines! If it were an "Eye for an Eye" as it is in some countries, Vick would've been fed to the dogs & Stallworth ran over by his own vehicle ending BOTH of their careers forever as it should be & that's in no way, shape, or form a racists remark as I'd say the same for ANY fool that commits these hanus acts, regardless of their color, race, etc.!!! Our children look up to these athletes & now see that if you're an athlete you don't suffer the same consequences as others when you make STUPID decisions & break the law!!! Sorry for the rant but it's truly a disgrace across the board & I feel it's never gonna end.

6/16/09   |  

WOW?! I am a dog lover but to think that this is even a decent question puzzles me.  Stallworth ran a man over with his car, Vick killed dogs (and I am a dog lover) but to compare the two is ignorant a humans life is worth so much more than a dogs life, no matter how bad the human is said to be.  We live in a society where a dogs life can be compared to a human, that is sad.  Both made horrible choices but to compare the two is insane. A humans life is worth more and that is coming from a dog lover, come on get real.

6/16/09   |   mk_donley   |   2554 respect

Karnack: "Cellmates"
*rips end of envelope and blows into it*
Karnack: "What do Michael Vick and Dontae Stallworth have in common?"

6/16/09   |     |   12 respect

wrote:
The media tells me that Vick is worse so that's...my FINAL ANSWER.

America is incredibly back ass wards.  Hundreds of people protest outside when Vick kills dogs but no one holds up a sign when a human is killed from drunk driving. 

6/16/09   |   100%InjuryRate   |   1283 respect

wrote:
The media tells me that Vick is worse so that's...my FINAL ANSWER.

Are you sure you don't want to use your LIFELINE?

/I'll show myself out

6/16/09   |  

The media tells me that Vick is worse so that's...my FINAL ANSWER.

6/16/09   |     |   5 respect

Excellent article!  Those same thoughts were going through my mind. I'm personally flabbergasted with the legal system in Florida right now. 

I believe that Vick's case was properly administered and the justice system showed that no matter who you are you will pay for your crime.  Well, Vick did just that.  Now, Stallworth unintentionally takes a human life, but it's a human life all the same that was taken and only has to do 30 days in jail because of a "loop-hole" in the system. 

This isn't even about the NFL anymore, it's about right and wrong and the inadequacies the legal system has shown by valuing an animals life over a humans life.  I do believe the system got it right with Vick, but wrong with Stallworth. 

6/16/09   |     |   47 respect

Both men screwed up big time and should pay a much steeper price for it, that's for sure.  However, the main point here is just how long exactly until a celebrity/athlete/whatever is given the same punishment as a normal freaking person?  It's disgusting that the legal system can be bought so easily, as we see just about every single day in this country.  If the other 90% of the world that is not a celebrity or of great wealth had committed either of these heinous crimes, what punishment would they receive? 

Plaxico Burress is further proof of this damning example, and it also makes me wonder if our prisons would be so packed if everyone were able to afford the legal teams capable (or wealthy) enough to discover there loopholes or negotiate these extremely weak sentences.  I'm not sure which way would be better, but I do know that it sets a terrible example for our country and for the children and people that look up to guys like this, who commit the crimes but don't necessarily have to serve the time.

6/16/09   |  

I wont compare the 2 as dogs and humans are valued diffrently by diffrent people ... hell, some women think men are dogs so if it were that type of dog then maybe we'd have something to discuss ..