I know the consensus is that you're not supposed to change your initial selection on a multiple-choice test. I guess that only really applies when there's only one "best" answer. I didn't get hurt either way I went, so what we've learned is that it's okay to flip-flop a little bit when there's more than one correct response. Yeah, it's pretty good being me lately.
The win with Carlton Charles and the Yanks yesterday capped off an outstanding 7-2 week (5-1 with baseball and 2-1 in the NBA. That's a great way to end the month too. With a 22-10 (9-5 in baseball, 12-5 in the NBA and 1-0 with college hoops) over the last 4 weeks, I'm eager and energized to see what May has in store. Let's get to work.
THE SHOW (2-1 last night, 14-13 for the week and 23-34 for the month)
BUTTA (1-0 yesterday, 5-1 for the week and 9-5 for the month)
1. Giants (Vogelsong -125) over PADRES (MARQUIS) - I just don't see the Friars knocking off the G-Men today and finishing off the sweep, and it's the potential of the sweep and Vogelsong's 20-9 record off a Giant loss over the last 2 years that has me on The Champs today.
2. MARINERS (IWAKUMA -120) over Angels (Vargas) - The Halos are a bit of a mess right now, and I don't think Vargas going back to Seattle to pitch is the answer. Iwakuma has been a real mystery for the Angels in his career compiling a 4-0 with a 1.37 against them. He's also 13-8 overall and 9-3 at home over the last 2 seasons. It was a real battle trying to decide whether to get on this game or go with the Giants. Might as well do both.
ON THE CUTTING ROOM FLOOR
1. CARDINALS (MILLER -220) over Pirates (Locke) - The Bucs got out of Philly taking 3 out of 4. I just don't see them getting out of St. Louis with 2 of 3. Not going against the live arm of Shelby Miller.
2. DODGERS (KERSHAW -170) over Brewers (Lohse) - The Crew's fortunes changed dramatically when Lohse came on board. That being said, the knee-jerk has to be to lean on Kershaw here, but be careful with that. He may be 33-13 in day games in his career, but he's only 2-3 with a 4.94 ERA lifetime against the Brewers.
3. Blue Jays (Dickey -115) over YANKEES (HUGHES) - R.A. has started to settle in a little bit over his last few starts, and with the potential of being swept in a 4-game series, I like his and his team's chances today...just not enough to pull the trigger.
RUN-(NING) LINES (10-5 ATS/11-4 SU/7-8 TOTALS yesterday, 51-46/50-42/54-43 for the week and 60-53/58-50/61-52 for the month)
1. Indians (+1 1/2, U8) at ROYALS
2. RED SOX (-1 1/2, O9 1/2) over Astros
3. YANKEES (-1 1/2, U8 1/2) over Blue Jays
4. WHITE SOX (+1 1/2, O7 1/2) vs. Rays *
5. TWINS (+1 1/2, U8) vs. Rangers
6. Orioles (+1 1/2, U8) at ATHLETICS
7. MARINERS (-1 1/2, U7) over Angels
8. TIGERS (-1 1/2, O7 1/2) over Braves
9. PADRES (+1 1/2, O7 1/2) vs. Giants
10. CARDINALS (-1 1/2, U7 1/2) over Pirates
11. NATIONALS (-1 1/2, U7 1/2) over Reds
12. Cubs (-1 1/2, U7) over MARLINS
13. Rockies (+1 1/2, U9) at D-BACKS
14. Brewers (+1 1/2, O6 1/2) at DODGERS
15. Phillies (-1 1/2, U7) at METS
* - Statistically speaking, this game comes out in a tie
Let's also not forget that the team highlighted in the BOLD print is the team projected to be the SU winner. And if that's not enough, there's a 16th game today with the Indians and Royals making up the game lost on Friday due to weather with a night game to complete a double-header.
BROOMOLOGY (6-6 ATS & SU last week and 21-26 ATS & 20-27 SU for the month)
Astros (+1 1/2) at RED SOX
Braves (+1 1/2) at TIGERS
Blue Jays (+1 1/2) at YANKEES
Reds (+1 1/2) at NATIONALS
Giants (-1 1/2) over PADRES
MARLINS (+1 1/2) vs. Cubs
METS (+1 1/2) vs. Phillies
ATHLETICS (-1 1/2) over Orioles
THE NBA (2-2 ATS/SU/TOTALS last night, 8-14 ATS/12-9 SU/11-11 TOTALS for the week and 87-74/106-48/74-87 for the month)
BUTTA (no play last night, 2-1 for the week and 12-5 for the month)
It's now all about pride in 3 of the 4 games being played today. So, the questions aren't just about talent and ability. It's about desire and willingness to prolong the inevitable. That's why I won't be involved in any of today's games.
ALL THE REST
1. Heat (-8 1/2, O195 1/2) 107, BUCKS 93
2. Knicks (-2 1/2, O180 1/2) 96, CELTICS 92
3. Spurs (-11 1/2, U189 1/2) 100, LAKERS 86
4. Nuggets (-1 1/2, O212 1/2) 118, WARRIORS 114
WOW! What a busy day! I hope you have a grand and glorious one. Be careful out there, and I'll talk to you again tomorrow.