FanIQ GameDay Live: Week 9

11/3/13 in NFL   |   Eric_   |   7716 respect

Blog Photo - FanIQ GameDay Live: Week 9Hello everyone and Happy Sunday. Welcome to FanIQ GameDay Live for Week 9. Joining me today is kantwistaye, aka Mike. Mike is also a Packers fan, and by that I mean he is a real Packers fan. He is actually from Wisconsin and actually watches Packer games (I skipped last Sunday's night game for Game 4 of the World Series). I am a fraud. Always remember that.

On to today's schedule, and frankly, it blows on paper. There is not a single matchup today of two teams with a winning record, and the closest game to that involves the Jets. I'm giving this entire set of games the "Woof" designation. That's impressive considering the Jags are on bye. Prove me wrong teams. Prove me wrong.

EARLY GAMES

Kansas City at Buffalo

Mike: Kansas City isn't as good as their record and Buffalo is competitive. Buffalo.

Eric: The Bills would be much more interesting if Manuel was healthy. In that case, I'd probably pick them too. However, the Bills are starting either Jeff Tuel or Matt Flynn. That decision has probably been made by the time you read this, but does it really matter? The Chiefs win and become the luckiest 9-0 team ever.

Minnesota at Dallas

Mike: Dez Bryant haters suck. Dallas by 10+.

Eric: Also sucking? Most Vikings not named Adrian Peterson. Dallas.

Tennessee at St. Louis

Mike: Both teams look good at times, but Tennessee wins as AFC wins all AFC/NFC battles.

Eric: *thinks about who to pick for this game* *falls asleep*

New Orleans at N.Y. Jets

Mike: New Orleans is just better. Geno Smith struggles after Jets go down big early.

Eric: Last week should have answered the question on how the Jets do against good teams they don't see twice a year. Saints easy.

San Diego at Washington

Mike: RGIII is starting to look better, but not as good enough. San Diego.

Eric: Tell that to the Washington fans. The RGIII backlash is happening in full force, as if he's even in the top 5 reasons they're 2-5 (the defense is the entire top 5, 10, and probably 20). To them, he is RG-Me for reasons are vague and confusing. It's sickening really. That said, I'm still picking Washington, maybe because I want a week without this crap.

Atlanta at Carolina

Mike: Can't say I'm surprised by Atlanta's regression, but injuries aren't helping either. Carolina.

Eric: Panthers. Let's just move on.

LATE GAMES

Philadelphia at Oakland

Mike: Oakland is better, but going with I think Nick Foles leads an upset. Philly.

Eric: I'm still hoping Chip Kelly finds a way to make this offense go, because traditionalists being proved wrong makes me happy. That will probably have to wait until next year. Oakland wins because they hit 10 first.

Tampa Bay at Seattle

Mike: Tampa's schedule is rough and time to wonder if they go 0-16. Seattle.

Eric: The big question surrounding this game is after the Bucs lose by 20+, will Schiano be fired before getting on the plane a la Lane Kiffin?

Baltimore at Cleveland

Mike: I miss the Hoyer days. Cleveland was sort of fun then. Baltimore beats hopeless Cleveland.

Eric: I'm not so sure Cleveland doesn't win anyway. *someone whispers in my ear* Wait, Jason Campbell is the quarterback, purple monkey dishwasher? Never mind.

Pittsburgh at New England

Mike: Biggest storyline is if we get two straight weeks of Pounceys being served papers. New England wins.

Eric: This is the big late game? I know when I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow! (Pick: Patriots)

SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

Indianapolis at Houston

Mike: A big game when the season started. Not so much now. Indy squeaks out a closer than expected game.

Eric: Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time. Part of me really wants to pick Houston, but as you can tell by other picks, I do not have the stones to do that. Colts.

MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL BONUS

Chicago at Green Bay

Mike: The Aaron Rodgers/Daaaa Bears State Farm ads will be even more unbearable. Packers pull away in the second half to a fairly easy win.

Eric: I saw that commercial for the first time last night. I'm officially tired of Aaron Rodgers State Farm commercials. It will be close because that's how these two teams are, but the Packers will win.

Thanks Mike for your input. Q it up here throughout Week 9.
Notify me by email about comments that follow mine. Preview

11/5/13   |   honestlyjoshua30   |   1 respect

Cali_Kat wrote:
I'm gonna agree with you Jen. Mostly because I want the Chargers to lose. LOL

Cool

11/3/13   |   kantwistaye   |   4210 respect

Eric_ wrote:
Not sure about that. AFC's top 5 seeds are Kansas City, New England, Indy, Cinci, and Denver. NFC's top 5 are Seattle, New Orleans, Green Bay, Dallas, and San Fran. Every team is flawed somewhere, but the NFC group seems stronger. Plus the battle for 6th in the NFC is Carolina vs. Detroit and Chicago. Those are better teams than the Jets, Titans, Dolphins, and Chargers.

I get your point, and do think the NFC's top is better than AFC's.. but.. Seattle lost to Indy. New Orleans lost to New England and the Jets. Green Bay lost to Cinci. Dallas lost to Denver and Kansas City. San Fran lost to Indy. Every top NFC team has a loss to an AFC playoff contending team.  That may not mean anything come the playoffs, but right now it seems the AFC is better than the NFC.

11/3/13   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

*cries*

11/3/13   |   Eric_   |   7716 respect

kantwistaye wrote:
And yet, the AFC as a whole is far superior to the NFC. Go figure.

Not sure about that. AFC's top 5 seeds are Kansas City, New England, Indy, Cinci, and Denver. NFC's top 5 are Seattle, New Orleans, Green Bay, Dallas, and San Fran. Every team is flawed somewhere, but the NFC group seems stronger. Plus the battle for 6th in the NFC is Carolina vs. Detroit and Chicago. Those are better teams than the Jets, Titans, Dolphins, and Chargers.

11/3/13   |   xtra_ill   |   538 respect

Pittsburgh Steelers frown

11/3/13   |   JenX63   |   32368 respect

and the universe righted itself...

11/3/13   |   kantwistaye   |   4210 respect

Eric_ wrote:
Has anyone else noticed what a *bleep* show the race for the AFC's 6th seed is. The Jets have it right now, following by a bunch of mediocrities.

And yet, the AFC as a whole is far superior to the NFC. Go figure.

11/3/13   |   kantwistaye   |   4210 respect

I nailed the Oakland/Philly game in a way I never would've imagined possible. The other games.. not so much.

11/3/13   |   Eric_   |   7716 respect

Has anyone else noticed what a *bleep* show the race for the AFC's 6th seed is. The Jets have it right now, following by a bunch of mediocrities.

11/3/13   |   JenX63   |   32368 respect

I am shocked!
two games are totally blowing me away
Buccs/Hawks
Pats/Steelers

not even what i thought it would be

11/3/13   |   Scott   |   51868 respect

Eric_ wrote:
The Tampa/Seattle score might be a sign of the apocalypse.

That and Nick Foles with a perfect passer rating near the end of the first half of the Eagles/Raiders game

11/3/13   |   Eric_   |   7716 respect

The Tampa/Seattle score might be a sign of the apocalypse.

11/3/13   |   JenX63   |   32368 respect

Cali_Kat wrote:
I'm gonna agree with you Jen. Mostly because I want the Chargers to lose. LOL

Me too! (lol)

11/3/13   |   Scott   |   51868 respect

kantwistaye wrote:
What they do with Bradford will be one of the most intriguing offseason stories.

Sounds like they want to resign him.  These past two games should show them that he is their best option under center if they want to win games

11/3/13   |   kantwistaye   |   4210 respect

Scott wrote:
Rams look like they are destined to have a top 3-5 pick in next year's draft.  

What they do with Bradford will be one of the most intriguing offseason stories.

11/3/13   |   Scott   |   51868 respect

Rams look like they are destined to have a top 3-5 pick in next year's draft.  

11/3/13   |   Cali_Kat   |   15487 respect

JenX63 wrote:
Go Redskins!

I'm gonna agree with you Jen. Mostly because I want the Chargers to lose. LOL

11/3/13   |   kantwistaye   |   4210 respect

Scott wrote:
Chiefs doing everything they can to help the Bills pull off the upset

Bills doing everything to return the favor.

11/3/13   |   kantwistaye   |   4210 respect

Some team is going to blow the heck out of Kansas City in the Wild Card round.

11/3/13   |   Scott   |   51868 respect

Chiefs doing everything they can to help the Bills pull off the upset

11/3/13   |   Eric_   |   7716 respect

So far today is mostly boredom with interruptions of something crazy.

11/3/13   |   JenX63   |   32368 respect

Skins can find the end zone...just can't do anything once they are there.. indecision

11/3/13   |   Scott   |   51868 respect

My Rams look like they may have shot their wad in that Monday night game against the Hawks. 

11/3/13   |   JenX63   |   32368 respect

Go Redskins!