With The 28th Pick In The FanIQ NFL Mock Draft, The Buffalo Bills Select...
Here are the picks so far:
1. Detroit Lions - Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest
2. St Louis Rams - Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
3. Kansas City Chiefs - Jason Smith, OT, Baylor
4. Seattle Seahawks - Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia
5. Cleveland Browns - Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
6. Cincinnati Bengals - Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi
7. Oakland Raiders - BJ Raji, DT, Boston College
8. Jacksonville Jaguars - Everette Brown, LB, Florida State
9. Green Bay Packers - Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas
10. San Francisco 49ers - Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri
11. Buffalo Bills - Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State
12. Denver Broncos - Aaron Maybin, DE, Penn State
13. Washington Redskins - Andre Smith, OT, Alabama
14. New Orleans Saints - Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
15. Houston Texans - Clay Matthews, LB, USC
16. San Diego Chargers - Rey Maualuga, LB, USC
17. New York Jets - Mark Sanchez, QB, USC
18. Denver Broncos - Brian Cushing, LB, USC
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech
20. Detroit Lions - Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
21. Philadelphia Eagles - Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia
22. Minnesota Vikings - Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland
23. New England Patriots - Paul Kruger, LB/DE, Utah
24. Atlanta Falcons - Clint Sintim, OLB, Virginia
25. Miami Dolphins - Connor Barwin, DE/OLB, Cincinnati
26. Baltimore Ravens - Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina
27. Indianapolis Colts - Jeria Perry, DT, Mississippi
With the 28th pick in the draft the Bills could go in a few directions. They picked up the franchise tight end with their earlier pick and can now look to address either offensive tackle or defensive end. Offensive tackle is a huge need and Eben Britton from Arizona is the best available prospect at that position. Drafting Britton would allow Langston Walker to move over to left end and Britton would be the immediate starter at right tackle. Other tackles who could possibly be the pick here would be William Beatty from UCONN and Phil Loadholt from Oklahoma who is a big mauler. The other option here is defensive end. Robert Ayers was a guy I looked at in the first round at 11 and he is widely regarded as one of the top two defensive ends in this draft.
When all was said and done, the only two guys who got serious consideration with this pick were Britton and Ayers. I decided to pass on Britton due to the depth of this draft at offensive tackle and Ayers value is an absolute steal at this point.
So with the 28th pick in the NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select defensive end Robert Ayers from Tennessee.