With The Twelfth Pick In the FanIQ Mock Draft, The Denver Broncos Select...
Here are the picks so far:
1. Detroit Lions - Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest
2. St Louis Rams - Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
3. Kansas City Chiefs - Jason Smith, OT, Baylor
4. Seattle Seahawks - Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia
5. Cleveland Browns - Micahel Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
6. Cincinnati Bengals - Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi
7. Oakland Raiders - BJ Raji, DT, Boston College
8. Jacksonville Jaguars - Everette Brown, LB, Florida State
9. Green Bay Packers - Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas
10. San Francisco 49ers - Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri
11. Buffalo Bills - Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State
The Broncos have needs all over the place, but none more than on the defensive line. The Broncos need to get younger and more athletic on defense and, like most teams, need to find a way to get to the quarterback.
With another pick at #18, the Broncos can go several directions at #12 with some even thinking they could look at quarterback. That won't happen, but if B.J. Raji falls the Broncos will look hard. They will also consider Tyson Jackson, Rey Maualua and Brian Cushing. All would be suitable, and a couple of them should be available about 75 minutes later when the Broncos pick again.
That leads us to the Maybin pick. Maybin would have probably been better served staying in school one more season, but there is no doubting his athletic ability and explosiveness. Maybin was impressive at the combine and while his college stats may be a bit lacking, he also played for a system team at Penn State. I think Maybin projects to be a much better pro than college player, and let's face it, the Broncos defense needs all the help it can get.