With The 25th Pick In The FanIQ NFL Mock Draft, The Miami Dolphins Select...
Here are the picks so far:
1. Detroit Lions - Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest
2. St Louis Rams - Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
3. Kansas City Chiefs - Jason Smith, OT, Baylor
4. Seattle Seahawks - Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia
5. Cleveland Browns - Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
6. Cincinnati Bengals - Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi
7. Oakland Raiders - BJ Raji, DT, Boston College
8. Jacksonville Jaguars - Everette Brown, LB, Florida State
9. Green Bay Packers - Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas
10. San Francisco 49ers - Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri
11. Buffalo Bills - Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State
12. Denver Broncos - Aaron Maybin, DE, Penn State
13. Washington Redskins - Andre Smith, OT, Alabama
14. New Orleans Saints - Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
15. Houston Texans - Clay Matthews, LB, USC
16. San Diego Chargers - Rey Maualuga, LB, USC
17. New York Jets - Mark Sanchez, QB, USC
18. Denver Broncos - Brian Cushing, LB, USC
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech
20. Detroit Lions - Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
21. Philadelphia Eagles - Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia
22. Minnesota Vikings - Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland
23. New England Patriots - Paul Kruger, LB/DE, Utah
24. Atlanta Falcons - Clint Sintim, OLB, Virginia
The Miami Dolphins were a surprising team last season and they hope to continue the upward swing. They could go a few different areas with this pick. Wide receiver is a pressing need, but they come a dime a dozen. I also looked at cornerback with this pick. There is no question that the Dolphins could upgrade the secondary, and the final place I looked was outside linebacker.
When it came down to my pick I really wanted to go with Clay Matthews Jr. from Southern Cal, but he had already been selected. That left me choosing between Vontae Davis, Darius Butler, Alphonso Smith, Kenny Britt, Hakeem Nicks, and a dark horse Connor Barwin. I immediately eliminated Kenny Britt because he is known to have a diva attitude, Vontae Davis flew off the board do to his lack of discipline and character concerns, and I eliminated Darius Butler and Alphonso Smith because there isn’t much of a drop off between them and the corners available in the second round.
That left me choosing between Hakeem Nicks and Connor Barwin. Nicks burst on to the scene near the end of the year, but what scares me is the fact that he was not even the best receiver on his team until Brandon Tate injured his knee. On the other hand, Connor Barwin is the versatile linebacker that I was looking for in Matthews Jr. Barwin could be an excellent pass rusher coming off the edge opposite Joey Porter and he could also serve as a back up tight end. Barwin is the exact kind of player that Bill Parcells would like. A high character guy who has unlimited upside and the potential to be a star. Barwin is willing to do whatever it takes to help a team win. So with the 25th pick in the NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select OLB from Cincinnati, Connor Barwin.