With The 22nd Pick In The FanIQ NFL Mock Draft, The Minnesota Vikings Select...
Here are the picks so far:
1. Detroit Lions - Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest
2. St Louis Rams - Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
3. Kansas City Chiefs - Jason Smith, OT, Baylor
4. Seattle Seahawks - Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia
5. Cleveland Browns - Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
6. Cincinnati Bengals - Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi
7. Oakland Raiders - BJ Raji, DT, Boston College
8. Jacksonville Jaguars - Everette Brown, LB, Florida State
9. Green Bay Packers - Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas
10. San Francisco 49ers - Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri
11. Buffalo Bills - Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State
12. Denver Broncos - Aaron Maybin, DE, Penn State
13. Washington Redskins - Andre Smith, OT, Alabama
14. New Orleans Saints - Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
15. Houston Texans - Clay Matthews, LB, USC
16. San Diego Chargers - Rey Maualuga, LB, USC
17. New York Jets - Mark Sanchez, QB, USC
18. Denver Broncos - Brian Cushing, LB, USC
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech
20. Detroit Lions - Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
21. Philadelphia Eagles - Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia
The Minnesota Vikings have one of the league's most dangerous weapons in RB Adrian Peterson. Unfortunately for them, they don't have a legitimate QB, any real WR threats, and a few holes in their offensive line. They hope to address those issues in the upcoming draft, of course.
They could grab a guy like Josh Freeman at this spot, but I think he's a bit of a reach. Arizona tackle Eben Britton is still available, and he's an appealing pick as well. Centers Alex Mack, Max Unger (and Eric Wood (Louisville) are the highest rated centers in ESPN's rankings, but they might be able to grab someone like Antoine Caldwell later in the draft.
The pick here is Maryland WR Darrius Heyward-Bey. He was the fastest WR at the combine, and his draft stock has shot up accordingly. If they can snag a guy like him, it can really spread the field for their offense. It will give their QB (whether it's Sage Rosenfels or Tarvaris Jackson) a legitimate deep threat target, and it will open things up for Peterson to run wild. He gives them solid value at this pick, and could really boost their offensive capabilities.