With The 29th Pick In The FanIQ NFL Mock Draft, The New York Giants Select...
Here are the picks so far:
1. Detroit Lions - Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest
2. St Louis Rams - Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
3. Kansas City Chiefs - Jason Smith, OT, Baylor
4. Seattle Seahawks - Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia
5. Cleveland Browns - Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
6. Cincinnati Bengals - Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi
7. Oakland Raiders - BJ Raji, DT, Boston College
8. Jacksonville Jaguars - Everette Brown, LB, Florida State
9. Green Bay Packers - Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas
10. San Francisco 49ers - Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri
11. Buffalo Bills - Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State
12. Denver Broncos - Aaron Maybin, DE, Penn State
13. Washington Redskins - Andre Smith, OT, Alabama
14. New Orleans Saints - Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
15. Houston Texans - Clay Matthews, LB, USC
16. San Diego Chargers - Rey Maualuga, LB, USC
17. New York Jets - Mark Sanchez, QB, USC
18. Denver Broncos - Brian Cushing, LB, USC
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech
20. Detroit Lions - Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
21. Philadelphia Eagles - Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia
22. Minnesota Vikings - Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland
23. New England Patriots - Paul Kruger, LB/DE, Utah
24. Atlanta Falcons - Clint Sintim, OLB, Virginia
25. Miami Dolphins - Connor Barwin, DE/OLB, Cincinnati
26. Baltimore Ravens - Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina
27. Indianapolis Colts - Jeria Perry, DT, Mississippi
28. Buffalo Bills - Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee
The Giants' No. 1 need is a wide receiver to replace Plaxico Burress. I think everyone knows that. They could also use an impact linebacker, and some depth on the offensive line.
This particular mock has actually not worked out well for the Giants. Both Darrius Heyward-Bey and Hakeem Nicks are gone, and they are the two players widely rumored to be targets for New York if they don't pull off a Braylon Edwards trade. With them gone, I could go offensive line with someone like William Beatty (Connecticut) or Max Unger (Oregon). But, I am going to go strictly need here and get the lineman later.
The pick is ... Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers.
Britt is the best receiver left on the board, and the Giants absolutely have to come out of this draft with one of the top guys at that position. He has the size, speed and hands to be a playmaker for the Giants, and I think he is the best option here. The Giants can get offensive line depth later, but Britt is the last big potential playmaking wide receiver on the board. He's got to be the choice.