With The 21st Pick In The FanIQ NFL Mock Draft, The Philadelphia Eagles Select...
Here are the picks so far:
1. Detroit Lions - Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest
2. St Louis Rams - Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
3. Kansas City Chiefs - Jason Smith, OT, Baylor
4. Seattle Seahawks - Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia
5. Cleveland Browns - Micahel Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
6. Cincinnati Bengals - Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi
7. Oakland Raiders - BJ Raji, DT, Boston College
8. Jacksonville Jaguars - Everette Brown, LB, Florida State
9. Green Bay Packers - Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas
10. San Francisco 49ers - Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri
11. Buffalo Bills - Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State
12. Denver Broncos - Aaron Maybin, DE, Penn State
13. Washington Redskins - Andre Smith, OT, Alabama
14. New Orleans Saints - Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
15. Houston Texans - Clay Matthews, LB, USC
16. San Diego Chargers - Rey Maualuga, LB, USC
17. New York Jets - Mark Sanchez, QB, USC
18. Denver Broncos - Brian Cushing, LB, USC
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech
20. Detroit Lions - Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
The Eagles have had a pretty solid team over the past few years, missing the playoffs only twice in the past 7 years. They still have some needs, however. They lost Tra Thomas, so they'll need a tackle to take his spot. Wide receiver, safety and running back are also some key needs. They haven't had an elite wideout since Terrell Owens, and it looks like they're trying to bring in Anquan Boldin in a trade from the Cardinals, if they can.
To shore up their safety position, they could target Louis Delmas from Western Michigan. A couple tackles that look promising are Eben Britton and William Beatty from Connecticut. Darrius Heyward-Bey's speed at WR is especially tantalizing, but in the end, RB might be the best bet at this point. They need someone to let injury-prone Brian Westbrook take a break now and then, and also to replace him in the long run.
That's where Knowshon Moreno from Georgia comes in. He's the top back in the draft, and he could be an excellent compliment (and eventually replacement) for Westbrook in the long run. The Eagles will still be able to address another one of their needs with their #28 pick, but will have a quality RB in their backfield as well.