- The Josh Freeman mess mercifully ended with Freeman's release from the Bucs. What teams could pursue him now?
- In unfortunately off the field news, the Dolphins are continuing to try and get a taxpayer funded stadium. Most of my thoughts on that are not safe for print.
- The Steelers traded for Levi Brown this week. To me, this is prima facie evidence they are tanking.
- In another trade this week, the Jaguars traded starting left tackle Eugene Monroe to the Ravens. I have no idea how good Monroe is, but I'm guessing the Jags saw how other teams were tanking and decided for some reason they needed to keep up.
- In yet another trade (wow, 3 trades in a week!), the Panthers traded LB Jon Beason to the Giants. I have no idea what that means for tanking or any other purposes.
- We all pretty much know how bad the NFC East is, but patrickhoffman3530 was nice enough to quantify it for us.
- Donte Whitner has changed his named to "Hitner," which is ridiculous on so many levels. It's so ridiculous it's actually dumber than Terrell Suggs claiming Roger Goodell ordered the Super Bowl blackout.
- The Brian Hoyer story was making Cleveland fans happy, so naturally he tore his ACL in Thursday's game and is out for the season.
- Finally, we end as we always do with the F-U Power Rankings.
- Locker Room
- how it works
Tennessee Titans expected to cut RB Chris Johnson
D-Jax officially signs with Washington
Donald Trump considering buying Bills
MJD signs 3-year contract with Raiders
Wiflork, Pats agree on extension
Bill O'Brien: Texans will draft a QB
Jets release Sanchez, sign Vick
Raiders have new QB project in Schaub
Jim Irsay goes to rehab