Floyd Mayweather Sr Accuses Manny Pacquiao Of Using Steroids
Boxing

Floyd Mayweather Sr Says Manny Pacquiao Is Taking Steroids

9/15/09 in Boxing   |   Pat   |   5235 respect


Floyd Mayweather Sr is making it quite clear where Floyd Jr got his big mouth. The latest? He's saying that Manny Pacquiao is on steroids.

"I believe he's on some type of supplements. I'm convinced about a lot of (boxers). That's what they're doing right now. Everybody should be checked a little bit more thoroughly. Sometimes people know what's going on but they ain't saying nothing."

I hope this Pacquiao-Mayweather fight happens. Not because I'll watch it. In fact, knowing how much the PPV would cost, I absolutely won't watch it. But, if and when it happens, and all the dust settles, we won't have to hear all this hype anymore. That'll be nice.


Floyd Mayweather Sr. accuses Manny Pacquiao of taking steroids, supplements [MLive]
Notify me by email about comments that follow mine. Preview

4/4/10   |   myrna_ventura   |   1214 respect

hbate_73 wrote:
i think not..hi is simply da best...

Mine too  LOL

4/4/10   |   myrna_ventura   |   1214 respect

moona007libra wrote:
may be he recommended steriod to manny

hell yeah 

4/3/10   |   myrna_ventura   |   1214 respect

Ray_Gamma wrote:
If you are using the fact that PBF went 10 rounds with Hatton and Pacman went 2 rounds as somehow destroying
PBF's legacy and as evidence of who is the better fighter, then you know absolutely $h@t about boxing and should be ignored on this topic.

PBF is a counter punching, defensive technician.  You may not find any 2 round KO's on that kind of fighters resume. That is not their approach to a bout.

Pacman is an attacker. The way with which he defeated Hatton was, like Floyd, in congress with the style that he likes to fight with.

Finally, Ricky Hatton can get the bozaks.  Who in the hell considers him to be a top fighter anywhere on the globe?  

PBF in your opinion hangs hat on the Ricky Hatton fight despite his undefeated 39-0 record, and Six world boxing titles in 5 different weight classes?  

PUH-LEASE
 

Yay... That was really a great LOL   

4/3/10   |   myrna_ventura   |   1214 respect

Eric_ wrote:
To be fair, Mayweather Sr. isn't the most credible source on the planet, and fighters have been nailed for 'roids before.

I believe so  LOL   

4/3/10   |   myrna_ventura   |   1214 respect

BluDevil wrote:
Well, Sugar Shane did 'em. Antonio Margarito cheated with his hand wraps.... I wouldn't be shocked if Pac Man had done something slightly illegal too. After all this is a guy who got KOed by nobodies and then started racking up wins. But if he can manage to beat Cotto and he gets a shot a Floyd, he'll get his chance to shut Floyd up if he can. Nobody else has been able to do it so far.

Never,  The  PACMAN  don't  take any kind of enhancing drugs.  This is only  a tactic that the Mayweather camp do  to ruin The PACMAN. Gayweather is   gay and only of such personality result to word war. 

4/3/10   |   myrna_ventura   |   1214 respect

dwyermaker wrote:
Sr is just bitter because Pacquiao forever tainted his legacy by absolutely destroying Hatton...

That's true LOL  and he doesn't accept a clear loss.

4/3/10   |   myrna_ventura   |   1214 respect

mk_donley wrote:
Will the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight save boxing? We'll see what develops!

My sentiments LOL thanks for the good post. 

4/3/10   |   myrna_ventura   |   1214 respect

MrOrangeman wrote:
Floyd Mayweather Sr looks like he needs a steroid or two.

I believe Floyed Mayweather Jr is on to drugs.  He was tested positive way back and he wants to implicate a fellow boxer, The Pacman  whom he's afraid to fight  knowing he can ruin his be ruined.

11/5/09   |   myrna_ventura   |   1214 respect

I believe Manny Paquiao doesn't use any steroids or illegal drugs if you should know by now he eats vegetables mostly malungay for his staying power and stamina.  That's his secret now it's out.

9/16/09   |   Ray_Gamma   |   17 respect

dwyermaker wrote:
A couple things.  First,  aren't we being a little sensitive here considering that boxing is a dying sport?  Second, in my post where I was talking about "Sr," that would have been referring to Floyd Mayweather, "Sr," as in Hatton's trainer for the Pacquiao fight and the person this article is about.  And I absolutely believe that with the amount of crap he talked on national television about Freddie Roach and about how he is the best trainer that Hatton's demolition by Pacquiao tarnished his image.

And I believe that the Mayweathers were estranged when Floyd "Jr" beat Hatton, so I don't believe "Sr" can take credit for that one...

 I never said boxing was dying.  But I see your point now it's about Senior, not Jr.  But even still, if you saw that fight, Hatton ignored anything and everything Floyd Sr was trying to tell him.  Hatton is a hard head.

9/16/09   |   krishley88

i think he's such a good player..

9/16/09   |   hbate_73

i think not..hi is simply da best...

9/16/09   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

Well, Sugar Shane did 'em. Antonio Margarito cheated with his hand wraps.... I wouldn't be shocked if Pac Man had done something slightly illegal too. After all this is a guy who got KOed by nobodies and then started racking up wins. But if he can manage to beat Cotto and he gets a shot a Floyd, he'll get his chance to shut Floyd up if he can. Nobody else has been able to do it so far.

9/15/09   |   bernie_vee   |   4 respect

Might be, I believe, could be, probably, might be...

All these are insinuations, product of imagination. Barack Obama is a liar, and he takes marijuana too! Could be true, or false... but that's my take on the US president. But that's just me!

Serena Williams, Floyd Mayweather and his son, and now Kanye West... I mean, that's expected of 'them'. Asserting that Manny Pacquiao takes steroids is like saying, "Michael Jackson is not a phedophile". But then again, that's just me.

9/15/09   |   Eric_   |   7716 respect

Heyhey1970 wrote:
I'm sure boxing officials will "get right on this."  They have always been so concerned with making sure the sport is clean.  Right. 

To be fair, Mayweather Sr. isn't the most credible source on the planet, and fighters have been nailed for 'roids before.

9/15/09   |   coach7   |   32 respect

Not surprised at all everybody got upset with Canseco but guess what he was right!!!!!!!!!

9/15/09   |   Heyhey1970   |   194 respect

I'm sure boxing officials will "get right on this."  They have always been so concerned with making sure the sport is clean.  Right. 

9/15/09   |   dwyermaker   |   39 respect

Ray_Gamma wrote:
If you are using the fact that PBF went 10 rounds with Hatton and Pacman went 2 rounds as somehow destroying
PBF's legacy and as evidence of who is the better fighter, then you know absolutely $h@t about boxing and should be ignored on this topic.

PBF is a counter punching, defensive technician.  You may not find any 2 round KO's on that kind of fighters resume. That is not their approach to a bout.

Pacman is an attacker. The way with which he defeated Hatton was, like Floyd, in congress with the style that he likes to fight with.

Finally, Ricky Hatton can get the bozaks.  Who in the hell considers him to be a top fighter anywhere on the globe?  

PBF in your opinion hangs hat on the Ricky Hatton fight despite his undefeated 39-0 record, and Six world boxing titles in 5 different weight classes?  

PUH-LEASE
 

A couple things.  First,  aren't we being a little sensitive here considering that boxing is a dying sport?  Second, in my post where I was talking about "Sr," that would have been referring to Floyd Mayweather, "Sr," as in Hatton's trainer for the Pacquiao fight and the person this article is about.  And I absolutely believe that with the amount of crap he talked on national television about Freddie Roach and about how he is the best trainer that Hatton's demolition by Pacquiao tarnished his image.

And I believe that the Mayweathers were estranged when Floyd "Jr" beat Hatton, so I don't believe "Sr" can take credit for that one...

9/15/09   |   SportzStar   |   102 respect

MrOrangeman wrote:
Floyd Mayweather Sr looks like he needs a steroid or two.

I didn't know steroids helped people with sarcoidosis.

9/15/09   |   moona007libra

may be he recommended steriod to manny

9/15/09   |   Blends   |   11 respect

CHILD PLEEAAZZEE!!

9/15/09   |   Ray_Gamma   |   17 respect

dwyermaker wrote:
Sr is just bitter because Pacquiao forever tainted his legacy by absolutely destroying Hatton...

If you are using the fact that PBF went 10 rounds with Hatton and Pacman went 2 rounds as somehow destroying
PBF's legacy and as evidence of who is the better fighter, then you know absolutely $h@t about boxing and should be ignored on this topic.

PBF is a counter punching, defensive technician.  You may not find any 2 round KO's on that kind of fighters resume. That is not their approach to a bout.

Pacman is an attacker. The way with which he defeated Hatton was, like Floyd, in congress with the style that he likes to fight with.

Finally, Ricky Hatton can get the bozaks.  Who in the hell considers him to be a top fighter anywhere on the globe?  

PBF in your opinion hangs hat on the Ricky Hatton fight despite his undefeated 39-0 record, and Six world boxing titles in 5 different weight classes?  

PUH-LEASE
 

9/15/09   |   UNC09   |   58 respect

when you make an assumption like that, you need to be damn sure that you are right..... !!!  i would loveto see some proof... like the boston bloody sock or something

9/15/09   |   Debi_L   |   11875 respect

You know what? He's probably right, at least on some level.  A lot of the "juicers" from the earlier years use the defence "it wasn't illegal then", so chances that team doctors have found something not yet on the prohibited list are pretty good. 

9/15/09   |   dwyermaker   |   39 respect

Sr is just bitter because Pacquiao forever tainted his legacy by absolutely destroying Hatton...

9/15/09   |   mk_donley   |   2554 respect

Will the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight save boxing? We'll see what develops!

9/15/09   |   MrOrangeman   |   42 respect

Floyd Mayweather Sr looks like he needs a steroid or two.