Yes, seriously. He stepped on a cactus with his bare foot.
The quotes in the ESPN story are like something you'd read from a comedy on TV.
From Brewers manager Ron Roenicke:
I can't imagine what possessed Rodriguez to step on a cactus with bare feet, but now he's paying the price.
Here are a few more interesting spring training injuries, via ESPN:
• Sammy Sosa landed on the disabled list in 2004 after a violent sneeze while talking to reporters at his locker led to back spasms.
• Joel Zumaya had to miss part of the 2006 AL Championship Series due to a sore wrist later deemed to have been suffered from playing the video game "Guitar Hero."
• Reliever Josh Outman strained his oblique after violently vomiting due to a bout of food poisoning in 2002.
• Brewers general manager Doug Melvin spent several hours in an Arizona hospital last March after he was stung by a scorpion.
• Boston Red Sox pitcher Jake Peavy has yet to pitch this spring after cutting his left index finger with a fishing knife earlier this month.