I know that all you amateur Irishmen will be out and about today and tonight partying hard like you're real leprechauns. That's fine, but know this: We true Irish, who can actually trace our bloodlines back to the Emerald Isle, will be right there with you, but we'll also be hitting it hard on the true day of celebration for our patron saint tomorrow! And while doing so, this Irishman will be keeping a close eye, as he always does, on what's going on around the sports world today. And with all the hoops action on tap, it will be a very busy day. Let's get going.
COLLEGE HOOPS (17-9 ATS/15-9 SU/10-16 TOTALS yesterday and 53-45/57-38/48-50 so far for the week)
BUTTA (no play last night and 4-1 so far for the week)
1. Memphis (-5, O140) 91, So. Miss 85 - I already told you all in my quick hitter earlier that I'm on the OVER for this game, so I could really care less how the spread plays out.
2. Kansas (-195) over Kansas St. - There are a few things in life that are certain. Death. Taxes. The Kansas basketball team beats Kansas St. I'll play the Jayhawks just to win though. As we'll see in a few, there's absolutely no wiggle room at all between my projection and the number hung on KU.
ALL THE REST
1. N. Carolina St. (+2, U136 1/2) 75, Miami-Fla. 60
2. Maryland (+4, U140) 68, N. Carolina 68
3. Wisconsin (+6 1/2, O128) 70, Indiana 66
4. Ohio St. (-1 1/2, U124) 60, Michigan St. 50
5. Kansas (-4, O132) 80, Kansas St. 76
6. Louisville (-5, U123) 65, Syracuse 46
7. Ohio (pk, O136) 78, Akron 68
8. Unlv 63, New Mexico (+3, U126) 61
9. Alabama (+12, O116) 58, Florida 58
10. Vanderbilt (+4, U131) 60, Mississippi 59
11. New Mexico St. (-4, O126 1/2) 72, Tex.-Arlington 65
12. Ucla (+1, U138) 65, Oregon 65
How about that? We've got 3 of today's games ending in ties. We must be really close to The Madness.
THE NBA (6-4 last night and 28-17 so far for the week)
SU WINNERS (9-1 last night and 33-12 so far for the week)
WIZARDS, CELTICS, Pacers, SPURS, Grizzlies and BLAZERS
TOTALS (6-4 last night and 27-18 so far for the week)
OVERS - Suns/WIZARDS (189 1/2) and Pistons/BLAZERS (199 1/2)
UNDERS - Bobcats/CELTICS (188 1/2), Pacers/76ERS (183 1/2), Cavs/SPURS (200) and Grizzlies/JAZZ (185)
BUTTA (1-0 last night and 2-2 so far for the week)
I'm not ready to commit to the Pacers yet, but I'm really close to it. For now, I'll just let them slide.
ALL THE REST
1. WIZARDS (-7) over Suns - We all know the Suns are a horrible b2b team, but this would be too much wood for me to lay on the Wizards even if they weren't playing the 4th game in 5 nights. WIZARDS 110, Suns 85
2. CELTICS (-15 1/2) over Bobcats - It's really kind of ridiculous that we have to see numbers like this in The Association. Even more so that it's justified. CELTICS 107, Bobcats 73
3. 76ERS (+5) vs. Pacers - I'm leaning toward the Pacers, but just to win the game. I can't count on the Sixers in any situation. Pacers 91, 76ERS 88
4. Cavs (+14) at SPURS - The Cavs aren't the same without Kyrie Irving, and there's no reason for the Spurs to hold back tonight. They don't play again till Wednesday night. SPURS 103, Cavs 92
5. Grizzlies (+1 1/2) at JAZZ - About the only thing working against the Griz right now is that they're on the b2b and playng their 4th game in 5 nights tonight. Grizzlies 94, JAZZ 89
6. BLAZERS (-10 1/2) over Pistons - The Pistons have come unglued, but the price is too high to pay. BLAZERS 118, Pistons 93
Be careful out there with your St. Patty's celebrations. I'll talk to you tomorrow.