Who should be the face of the Vikings disastrous 2013 season?
1. Does not suffer from recurring nightmares featuring Greg Schiano's face, unlike Freeman.
2. Did not play last Monday night.
3. Has made the playoffs, as opposed to Freeman who has trouble making it to the team photo.
4. Is not freakishly tall.
5. Adrian Peterson himself described Christian Ponder's hand-off as "savvy" and "fearless."
1. Can not join his wife's healthcare plan if his NFL career doesn't workout, unlike Ponder.
2. Is being paid by not one but two NFL teams, so he must be pretty good.
3. Is tall.
4. ??? Let's skip this one.
5. Has reportedly suffered a concussion, which could mean that everything's been knocked back into place and football once again makes sense to him.
6. His total QBR of 6.1 last Monday night may be the lowest score ever recorded, ever, but it's also a pretty sizable earthquake. So lay off.
Verdict: Christian Ponder should start for all the marbles so that one way or another, we can close the book on him. Once that's over with, we can check out Josh Freeman again. Didn't work? How about Matt Cassell? Hmmm, did that go horribly? Now what the hell are we going to do? Oh, the season's over?! Thank God. Let's go draft a real QB, Minnesota!