Jay Glazer Draws Mustache and Buck Teeth On Chris Mortensen Picture On Mortensen's Bus
Media

FOX's Jay Glazer Punks ESPN's Chris Mortensen. I Approve.

8/5/09 in Media   |   100%InjuryRate   |   1283 respect

As many of you know, ESPN's Chris Mortensen is traveling from NFL training to NFL training camp right now in a bus that has his giant image on the side of it. Well, FOX's Jay Glazer (who consistently kills Mort on stories) wound up at the same training camp as Mort and decided to use a Sharpie pen to "modify" Mort's face.

This is how the pic of Mort is supposed to look.



This is what it looked like after Jay Glazer got done with it. Gotta love the Strahan teeth.


Solid work, Jay. And promise me you'll keep kicking Mort's ass on the breaking news, not that that's very hard.

[HT:
Pro Football Talk]
Notify me by email about comments that follow mine. Preview

8/5/09   |   WhoDat12   |   2252 respect

Gotta love this story. A jackass gains the upper hand over a douchebag.

8/5/09   |   JCAL9   |   59 respect

Lol... Yea guys.. Whatever.... The pic on the bus was hilarious.. Still is, everytime I look @ it I laugh.. I do believe it was suppose to be in fun between sports analysts/reporters..

They say we women trip about everything.. Sometimes I have to click on your pages to see if you're a guy or a chick.. I'm just saying... It aint that serious.. Lol;o).. That pic is too cute..

8/5/09   |   MrNFL   |   175 respect

wrote:
It is easy to post his mistakes.  Posting all he has been right on would help your argument.  And as far as "need anymore", yeah, I need all the times Glazer has been right.  I guess they cancelled his blog because he was getting too many hits?  You take your guy, I prefer Mort.

What 100% said.

To each their own, I don't trust squat from Mort.  Glazer (and Schefter as well) are two guys that I trust.

8/5/09   |   100%InjuryRate   |   1283 respect

wrote:
It is easy to post his mistakes.  Posting all he has been right on would help your argument.  And as far as "need anymore", yeah, I need all the times Glazer has been right.  I guess they cancelled his blog because he was getting too many hits?  You take your guy, I prefer Mort.

I think what really hurt Mort was the Favre saga last year. He got absolutely everything wrong in that one, and Glazer broke the story of Favre going to the Jets. I still think that for breaking NFL news, the best guys are Glazer and Schefter.

And i wouldn't say that having a blog is somehow the mark of an great reporter. And this is coming from a blogger.

8/5/09   |   MrNFL   |   175 respect

wrote:
Wrong on everything???  I guess that is why he has been in the industry so long.  Always being wrong.  And Glazer's blog crashed and burned in one year.

Well, what I'm posting is from a FanIQ article:

According to Chris Mortensen, Mike Shanahan was on the verge of being named the new coach of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Adam Schefter of NFL.com (and one of the better NFL reporters out there) said that Mort was, well,
full of crap.

First, it was that Michael Vick was
unlikely to get indicted. Whoops. After that came the guarantee that Ron Rivera was the next Cowboys coach, and when that didn't pan out he was actually mocked by ESPN colleague Greg Easterbrook. Then Mort had the infamous story where Eli Manning would miss a month near the beginning of the 2008 season, because of a separated shoulder. Eli played every game. Mort next reported that Bucs QB Jeff Garcia had a hairline fracture in his back, which prompted Jon Gruden to say "Mortensen doesn't have a (expletive) idea what he's talking about." Mort also said Leinart would start over Kurt Warner this past season, that Parcells would go to Atlanta, and that Brett Favre wouldn't come back for the 2008 season.

Need anymore?  Mort screws up a good deal, the same can't be said about Glazer in his reporting.

8/5/09   |   MrNFL   |   175 respect

wrote:
What an idiot.  Glazer can't hold Mort's jock.  I guess that is why Glazer and his blog have failed while Mort keeps on keeping on.  Glazer=fail.

Seriously?  Mort seems to be wrong on everything he reports while I can't remember Glazer breaking something that was incorrect.

8/5/09   |   drn0iswatr   |   731 respect

Raider_Dave wrote:
So Jay "Glazerized" Mort's face?  Wait a minute, that doesn't sound so good...

well at least it was his face that was "glazerized" and not something else......

8/5/09   |   mk_donley   |   2554 respect

Well, at least FOX Sports found ONE way to get back at ESPN!

8/5/09   |   Heyhey1970   |   194 respect

He should have put a Cowboy hat on him too.  Nobody does Jerry Jones' bidding like Mortensen.

8/5/09   |   Raider_Dave   |   47 respect

So Jay "Glazerized" Mort's face?  Wait a minute, that doesn't sound so good...