Joakim Noah And LeBron James Argue During Cavaliers vs Bulls Game

Don't Worry, Joakim. LeBron Might Get All The Calls, But He'll Never Steal Your ''Ugliest Player Ever'' Award.

12/5/09 in NBA   |   Pat   |   5232 respect


Joakim Noah is clearly fed up with LeBron James being bigger than the game. Whether it's the pre-game photo shoots, the mid-game dances, or the constant preferential treatment by the referees, Joakim isn't going to stand for it. And he let LeBron know, while King James was shooting his free throws.

LeBron looked a little more upset than he should have been. If I were him, I would have just said "I can be less of a douche if I want, but you'll always be ugly". But hey... that's just me.


Joakim Noah To Lebron James: "You're A Jerk" [Deadspin]
Notify me by email about comments that follow mine. Preview

12/8/09   |   TurkogluForMVP   |   50 respect

joshwillis52 wrote:
Do you have any idea what the hell you even said in this paragraph? The entire thing sounded like one big crock of s*** to me.
(Edited by Chief_aka_James)

then learn how to read and comprehend.

12/8/09   |   joshwillis52   |   114 respect

TurkogluForMVP wrote:
Lebron is a team leader that has no problem boasting to the media after wins and when they are succeeding. As the team captain you are designated to represent the team in political and game matters. Its a well known fact in a sporting world. Its also gamesmanship to shake hands, congratulate, or acknowledge the other teams victory when you lose. It was not a regular season game. Sean Taylor was a football player and didn't get a chance to talk to the media during a playoff situation where the expectations consisted of a championship. He was also consistent in that fact while Lebron would soak in compliments but avoid anything negative. Don't you dare put Lebron on some sportsmanship pedestal. Its ignorant and flat out retarded to even try to argue a self centered prick is above a naive punk from UF.  If you are going to bring up another athlete at least make it a decent comparison.
(Edited by Chief_aka_James)

Do you have any idea what the hell you even said in this paragraph? The entire thing sounded like one big crock of s*** to me.

12/7/09   |   jutdavis   |   1 respect

Basketball is a game. Games are supposed to be fun. Who cares if the entire Cavaliers bench jumps up and does a synchronized dance after every made basket? While I understand there has to be some level of professionalism in the NBA, there also has to be some emotion in it. Emotion makes games exciting. When players dance, jump, scream, chest bump, high five, pump their fist, they provide more entertainment and excitement. Yes, It can be frustrating when your team is losing but there is nobody to blame but yourself and your teammates.

"It's nothing against the Bulls, it's nothing against Joakim or any of those guys, it's not something that's new. We have fun, and we love to play the game of basketball. It's nothing about showboating; that's not what we do. I think he was frustrated by the way he played, maybe, as an individual, didn't help his team win." - James

How can you criticize Lebron for having a good time yet condone Joakim's actions? How can you not say anything about the coaches who just let Joakim trash talk? Talk about hypocrisy. Joakim's cursing and yelling while another player is attempting a foul shot is much worse than what Lebron did. His dancing wasn't directed at any one person.

The Lebron smear campaign that has been going on lately is just pathetic. The things people criticize him for are ridiculous.

He hasn't won a championship? So? He is young. He plays for Cleveland. He hasn't had the talent to back him up. Everyone else on the team has been so inconsistent over the past few seasons. How can you bash a guy for not winning on a championship? He can't carry an entire team.

He's selfish? If you have watched Lebron play at all you would notice how many assists he gets per game. On top of that if you have ever met the guy he is one of the nicest people you have ever met.

He's classless? How so? Because he was disappointed in himself last season and was too upset to shake the other teams hands? Are you serious? I would do the same thing. He got NO support from his teammates. On top of that nobody ever talks about all the times he DOES say "Good game." after losing.

I think that the excitement and passion that Lebron brings to the game is exciting. Which is what makes me turn on my television to watch a game or pay 100$ a ticket to go down to the stadium. Sure he is over hyped. He is definately NOT the best player in the NBA. But he is an amazing basketball player and to deny that is just ignorant.

12/6/09   |   TurkogluForMVP   |   50 respect

Lebron is a team leader that has no problem boasting to the media after wins and when they are succeeding. As the team captain you are designated to represent the team in political and game matters. Its a well known fact in a sporting world. Its also gamesmanship to shake hands, congratulate, or acknowledge the other teams victory when you lose. It was not a regular season game. Sean Taylor was a football player and didn't get a chance to talk to the media during a playoff situation where the expectations consisted of a championship. He was also consistent in that fact while Lebron would soak in compliments but avoid anything negative. Don't you dare put Lebron on some sportsmanship pedestal. Its ignorant and flat out retarded to even try to argue a self centered prick is above a naive punk from UF.  If you are going to bring up another athlete at least make it a decent comparison.

12/6/09   |   joshwillis52   |   114 respect

TurkogluForMVP wrote:
Or disrespected the team that beat him in the conference finals ...oh wait... or bail on the media after that same game because he isnt a true team leader....oh wait.

Please explain to me how walking off the court before shaking hands with your opponent after they beat is disrespectful or who ever said talking to the media is a must? There are plenty of professional athletes who won't talk to them, but nobody ever complains. Hell, Sean Taylor refused to and nobody cared. Everyone remembers him for how good he was and how he died at a young age.

12/6/09   |   TurkogluForMVP   |   50 respect

joshwillis52 wrote:
And your point is what? At least he's never failed a drug test like Noah, never drove on a suspended license like Noah, and never came into a season out of shape and not ready to play.

Or disrespected the team that beat him in the conference finals ...oh wait... or bail on the media after that same game because he isnt a true team leader....oh wait.

12/6/09   |   joshwillis52   |   114 respect

wrote:
My bad, Joakim is the son of a pro tennis player.

And your point is what? At least he's never failed a drug test like Noah, never drove on a suspended license like Noah, and never came into a season out of shape and not ready to play.

12/6/09   |   joshwillis52   |   114 respect

WBKsports wrote:
 Come on Joakim...King James is just having a little fun...What are you so uptight about? 

He's just jealous that he sucks and LeBron is the best player and thing to happen to the league since Jordan. He's also jealous that he is a complete girly looking douche bag and The King ain't.

12/6/09   |   aos035   |   68 respect

wrote:
Maybe Joakim (a person who is the son of a pro tennis player and has never had to do any real work his entire life) should do something in the NBA before he starts talking trash to a player like Lebron (who has achieved his level of skill through a lifetime of hard work and practice).

Lebron James did marijuianna as a teen...

12/5/09   |   THE_Smoot   |   70 respect

wrote:
Maybe Joakim (a person who is the son of a pro tennis player and has never had to do any real work his entire life) should do something in the NBA before he starts talking trash to a player like Lebron (who has achieved his level of skill through a lifetime of hard work and practice).

Whose father was a tennis player.*

12/5/09   |   gau13   |   217 respect

I saw Ingram (Running Back from Alabama) dancing with one minute left in the football game today and I didn't see any Gator crying about it.  I mean, Tebow was crying but it wasn't because he was dancing.  Geez

12/5/09   |   BestofChicago   |   51 respect

 LeBron > Noah

Obviously.

12/5/09   |   sprode   |   52 respect

I thought it was ironic that Noah had a problem with dancing considering those, um... moves I so distinctly remember him busting.

In Lebron's defense though, at least he was doing BEFORE and through the game.  That's not saying whether it's wrong or right, but at least he didn't start doing it because they were winning.

I really don't have a problem with teams having fun like that all game.  Sports doesn't have to be so serious.  It's like the NFL pulling out the fines on TD celebrations - what's the point?  Loosen up.  This is, after all, a show, a product I'm buying.  Entertain me.

And of course, the common attack against Lebron is him being cocky and all this crap, but of course these people fail to offer any evidence beyond their own personal biases.  Why, because they're so worried that he's going to surpass Jordan or Kobe on some imaginary test-your-greatness-o-meter?  Come on, get over yourselves.  The kid talks to the media more than they deserve, and he hasn't thrown his teammates under the bus unlike some other bigheads who have less of an excuse for being egotistical than he does *coughAIcough*.  Cut him some slack.

12/5/09   |   gau13   |   217 respect

They are playing a game and games are meant to be fun.  Dancing is fun.  Let the man dance.

12/5/09   |   ProfessorPlum   |   15 respect

wrote:
It was disrespectful!He thinks he's bigger than he really is!

We aren't talking about J.J. Redick dancing here. We're talking about Lebron James. How is dancing disrespectful when you are defending a player who was talking trash from the bench to a player at the free throw line?

Also, for you to say he thinks he is bigger than he really is, is a complete joke. The only time he has been accused of anything remotely cocky is when he didn't want to talk to reporters after their loss to the Magic this year. Big deal.

I'm afraid you are a bit misinformed to accuse him of "thinking he's bigger than he really is." When it comes down to it, you are accusing a 24-year old MVP NBA player disrespectful for dancing.

12/5/09   |   Frankie_D   |   290 respect

Lebron should wait til after the game to start dancing.

12/5/09   |   ProfessorPlum   |   15 respect

(Edited by ProfessorPlum)

lebron uglier than joakim?

Maybe you have lebron james confused with greg oden.

As for trying to be the new MJ, you need to do your homework McGregor. Lebron has idolized MJ his entire life, and to pay homage to the greatness of MJ that he admits he will never be, he is giving up #23 next year and is urging the other 7 players in the NBA to change their numbers as well.

At the end of the day, basketball is just a game, so who are you to judge him for having fun and dancing? His team was up 19 pts!

12/5/09   |   WBKsports   |   366 respect

 Come on Joakim...King James is just having a little fun...What are you so uptight about? 

12/5/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Pat wrote:
Shhhhh... I'm watching football.

Yea, there are no free throws in that one, huh? Oh well.

12/5/09   |   Pat   |   5232 respect

Chief_aka_James wrote:
while King James was shooting his field goals.

Uh, I think those are free throws.

Shhhhh... I'm watching football.

12/5/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

while King James was shooting his field goals.

Uh, I think those are free throws.

12/5/09   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

Ever? Really? Come on, he's not uglier than Scottie Pippen... or "enemy mine" Sam Cassell.