Kobe's Game Winner Against Miami Heat

Kobe Reminds Us Why He's An All Time Great

12/5/09 in NBA   |   kantwistaye   |   4201 respect

Kobe Bryant has a pretty extended history of making ridiculous shots and game winners.  Tonight, he did both. Reminding us why he will be remembered as one of the best to ever play the game, Kobe hit this shot over Dwayne Wade to beat the Miami Heat.


Dwayne Wade missed the first of two free throws prior to this, making it only a two point game. Kobe responded, almost as we would expect, with the game winning three.  Both men had great fourth quarters, but only one will be remembered.

Notify me by email about comments that follow mine. Preview

12/14/09   |   ericrockson   |   16 respect

It must be rough being a Lakers/Kobe hater.

12/11/09   |   iistandalone   |   40 respect

suzanneclark12 wrote:
Chalk up another lucky win for the Evil Empire..hard to lose when Heat miss 16 free throws .. However was interesting to see Odom get thrown out for mugging Wade and Gasol at the same time..someone has to pick up Artest's lack of enthusiasm

CHeers!!! lol

12/7/09   |   venncarey   |   1 respect

WBKsports wrote:
Oh...That's right. You and I are supposed to be enemies since you're a Suns fan...I couldn't tell because you've always been a really cool FanIQ friend. I'm used to all the Lakers Haters...which I know you are, but you're one of the cool ones...

KOBE IS AN ALL TIME GREAT. THE MAN IS AN ICON

12/5/09   |   Frankie_D   |   290 respect

What a great shot to end a great game.

12/5/09   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

WBKsports wrote:
Oh...That's right. You and I are supposed to be enemies since you're a Suns fan...I couldn't tell because you've always been a really cool FanIQ friend. I'm used to all the Lakers Haters...which I know you are, but you're one of the cool ones...

Thanks for the compliment! Honestly, I don't hate the lakers... I'm a much bigger college fan than a NBA fan. I do love some suns action, but I'm no fool. LA has been the better team, I'd just like to see the suns get one title and if it takes Kobe missing a shot for that to happen I'll take it.

12/5/09   |   WBKsports   |   366 respect

BluDevil wrote:
You miss my point... I know winning regular season games is important and leads into the stat you are talking about. I'm just saying that when a game is on the line in the playoffs, hopefully karma will be a jerk and Kobe will miss.

Oh...That's right. You and I are supposed to be enemies since you're a Suns fan...I couldn't tell because you've always been a really cool FanIQ friend. I'm used to all the Lakers Haters...which I know you are, but you're one of the cool ones...

12/5/09   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

WBKsports wrote:
 On the contrary my friend...The Celtics Magic, Cavs, Suns, and Nuggets are all within 1.5 games from the NBA's best record this season. The C's had it in 2008 and the Lake Show in 2009. Both won the NBA Championship. That shot means a lot! A real lot!!!

You miss my point... I know winning regular season games is important and leads into the stat you are talking about. I'm just saying that when a game is on the line in the playoffs, hopefully karma will be a jerk and Kobe will miss.

12/5/09   |   WBKsports   |   366 respect

BluDevil wrote:
I'm just hoping he uses up all these shots in the regular season, when they don't mean as much.

 On the contrary my friend...The Celtics Magic, Cavs, Suns, and Nuggets are all within 1.5 games from the NBA's best record this season. The C's had it in 2008 and the Lake Show in 2009. Both won the NBA Championship. That shot means a lot! A real lot!!!

12/5/09   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

I'm just hoping he uses up all these shots in the regular season, when they don't mean as much.

12/5/09   |   Talk2J   |   150 respect

nice article, TRUE THAT, and when Kobe went through all that scandal he was outcast by day and then basketball star by night, and still hitting bucks at buzzer time to win games.  Yes he is just that TERRIFIC lots of people cannot not do things under pressure, and he had pressure by day and then night, and still came to shine at the END of the DAY.

12/5/09   |   suckamah   |   39 respect

freakin crazy! Kobe is the best player in the NBA, and he keeps on adding to his hall of fame resume daily.

12/5/09   |   Boski93   |   375 respect

(Edited by Boski93)

Sorry to go all early 90's,  but that was,

"straight butter baby!".

12/5/09   |   ericrockson   |   16 respect

Kobe came through with 17 points in the final period including a 3 (over Dwayne Wade) at the buzzer for the win. What can you say except Kobe does it again.

12/5/09   |   Jay_B   |   193 respect

 KOBE!!!!

12/5/09   |   kantwistaye   |   4201 respect

Chief_aka_James wrote:
I'm pretty sure Jermaine was hanging on the rim because Lamar was directly under him, not too just be a dick, so he said something. I'm guessing not too friendly like: get the f*** out of my way, which caused both T's after the shoves.

Well that and he shoved him.  Granted, I wouldn't expect any better behavior out of a has been.

12/5/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3292 respect

WBKsports wrote:
 Ummm...LaMar got kicked out because he got a 2nd Technical after Jermaine O'Neal hung on the rim too long after a dunk...That was kind of strange though to see him rake Pau's eye...The Lakers are always hurting themselves!!!

I'm pretty sure Jermaine was hanging on the rim because Lamar was directly under him, not too just be a dick, so he said something. I'm guessing not too friendly like: get the f*** out of my way, which caused both T's after the shoves.

12/5/09   |   WBKsports   |   366 respect

suzanneclark12 wrote:
Chalk up another lucky win for the Evil Empire..hard to lose when Heat miss 16 free throws .. However was interesting to see Odom get thrown out for mugging Wade and Gasol at the same time..someone has to pick up Artest's lack of enthusiasm

 Ummm...LaMar got kicked out because he got a 2nd Technical after Jermaine O'Neal hung on the rim too long after a dunk...That was kind of strange though to see him rake Pau's eye...The Lakers are always hurting themselves!!!

12/5/09   |   suzanneclark12   |   435 respect

Chief_aka_James wrote:
Lol, yea - to see Ron being mediator after Lamar's second T was pretty funny to see. Must've been more relaxed after his halftime swig.

too funny !

12/5/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3292 respect

suzanneclark12 wrote:
Chalk up another lucky win for the Evil Empire..hard to lose when Heat miss 16 free throws .. However was interesting to see Odom get thrown out for mugging Wade and Gasol at the same time..someone has to pick up Artest's lack of enthusiasm

Lol, yea - to see Ron being mediator after Lamar's second T was pretty funny to see. Must've been more relaxed after his halftime swig.

12/5/09   |   dreamsville08   |   1 respect

kobe has done this time and time again

12/5/09   |   suzanneclark12   |   435 respect

Chalk up another lucky win for the Evil Empire..hard to lose when Heat miss 16 free throws .. However was interesting to see Odom get thrown out for mugging Wade and Gasol at the same time..someone has to pick up Artest's lack of enthusiasm

12/5/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3292 respect

kantwistaye wrote:
This is getting a bit technical, but he shot that off his left foot.  Few NBA guys can hit a shot off their non-shooting foot.

That is getting technical, so shh. Enjoy the night, but no more talking about it.

12/5/09   |   kantwistaye   |   4201 respect

This is getting a bit technical, but he shot that off his left foot.  Few NBA guys can hit a shot off their non-shooting foot.

12/5/09   |   dwyermaker   |   39 respect

 In of itself, that shot may be THE clutch shot of Kobe's career without factoring in the setting.  Yes, it wasn't the playoffs, but if anyone else hits that shot its luck, if it's Kobe at this stage of his career it is nothing but C-L-U-T-C-H.... 

12/5/09   |   WBKsports   |   366 respect

Chief_aka_James wrote:
The shot was amazing, but his shot to end the first half was something pretty special too.

The Bank was open on that earlier shot too...It was siiiiiick!

12/5/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3292 respect

The shot was amazing, but his shot to end the first half was something pretty special too.

12/5/09   |   WBKsports   |   366 respect

 Niiiice...I couldn't find the video fast enough...Props to Derek Fisher for hitting that huuuuuuge 3 with 4.8 seconds left!!!  Props to you for finding the video so fast!!!!