Click it to read more.
Bud Selig is vowing to crack down on this, saying he'd opt for not a 50-game suspension, but rather a 100-game suspension! Here's a list of some of the potential soon-to-be suspended players:
- Ryan Braun (Brewers)
- Everth Cabrera (Padres)
- Melky Cabrera (Blue Jays)
- Francisco Cervelli (Yankees)
- Bartolo Colon (Athletics)
- Nelson Cruz (Rangers)
- Fautino de los Santos (free agent)
- Gio Gonzalez (Nationals) (though sources claim he only received "legal substances")
- Yasmani Grandal (Padres)
- Fernando Martinez (Astros)
- Jesus Montero (Mariners)
- Jordan Norberto (free agent)
- Johnny Peralta (Tigers)
- Cesar Puello (Mets minor leaguer)
- Alex Rodriguez (Yankees)
Take a good long look at some of those names on this list, pretty substantial if you ask me! However, I say it's well-warranted. Finally major league baseball is saying "you do the crime, you're gonna do the time!" Of course the players can either accept or appeal the fine, and I'm sure most will probably choose to appeal. I am hoping the league keeps their backbone with this and does not give into the players.
For some teams, this could be crippling, especially the Brewers who are struggling already. I do not feel sorry for any of these guys.
What are your thoughts on this? Share your opinions with us.
BK over and out