Manchester City’s bad boy Carlos Tevez makes a shocking return with apology
Shocking as it may be to the ears but Manchester City’s notorious striker Carlos Tevez has apologized “sincerely and unreservedly” for his conduct in recent months at the Eastlands.
The Argentinean international also withdrew his appeal against Manchester City’s fine of six weeks’ wages for gross misconduct. The appeal was due to be heard by the English Premier League in the upcoming days.
Tevez disputes with the club go way back but recently and more seriously Tevez refused to warm up during the Champions League clash against Bayern Munich in September. He followed that by spending the following three months in Argentina without permission.
The 28-year-old forward returned to the club last week after failing to secure a transfer move in the January transfer window. Now, Tevez has told Manchester City that he wants to play and is ready to earn a spot in the team.
City’s manager, Roberto Mancini has stated long ago that he would only consider fielding Tevez after the striker apologized for his actions. In a statement released by Manchester City just a couple of hours ago, Tevez said:
“I wish to apologize sincerely and unreservedly to everybody I have let down and to whom my actions over the last few months have caused offence.
“My wish is to concentrate on playing football for Manchester City Football Club.”
Tevez was given a fitness program of his choice when he reported back to Manchester City’s training headquarters at Carrington last week. Tevez said that he will be match fit in two weeks but it remains to be seen how quickly Tevez can make a comeback into the first team.
The former Manchester United player will not be able to participate in tomorrow’s Europa League game against Porto as he hasn’t been registered for the tournament. Nonetheless, City’s response to Tevez does predict a part for him in the Premier League. City’s statements read:
“Carlos Tevez has today apologised to all concerned for his recent conduct.
“Carlos returned to the football club last Tuesday, following a three-month absence from duties, without permission.
“Carlos has also withdrawn his appeal against the club's finding of gross misconduct, which was due to be heard by a Premier League panel in the coming days.
“He has since begun a training programme designed to return him to optimum fitness.”