Manny Pacquiao Doesn't Have to Comply With Mayweather's Olympic Drug Tests At All
Boxing

Floyd Mayweather Resorts To Slimy PR Tactics To Imply That Manny Pacquiao Might Be Doping

12/23/09 in Boxing   |   100%InjuryRate   |   1283 respect

Some of you earlier today probably saw that the Mayweather/Pacquiao superbout may never happen because, as Mayweather's camp told us, Pacquiao is refusing to comply with Olympic-style drug testing as outlined and mandated by the United States Anti Doping Agency (USADA).

Oh my god! Pacman must be a doper! How could he refuse Olympic-style drug testing?!

Well, if you actually follow boxing, then you know that Olympic style drug testing - regardless of how it's outlined or mandated - has no authority in boxing. Do you know why? Because boxing has its own drug testing - in this case, the Nevada State Athletic Commission's test. Pacquiao will be tested before the fight, and immediately after it, just like every other boxer ever.

The fact that Mayweather wants Pacquiao to take an additional test that Pacman isn't required to take at all and will have no official recognition by anyone - least of all the Nevada State Athletic Commission - is just a charade. Mayweather wants you to think Pacquiao is doping.

And why does Mayweather want you to think Pacquiao is doping? Because Mayweather doesn't want to fight Pacquiao. He knows he's going to get his butt kicked. And even if the fight somehow still happens, and Mayweather loses, he can accuse Pacman of doping.

That's all this is everyone. It's just a PR stunt by Mayweather to make you think Pacman's a doper, when that's an absurd proclamation. Pacman has never failed any drug test, and he's going to be drug tested before this fight and after it just like he always has been.

The real jackass in this whole affair is the cowardly Mayweather. He's just looking for another excuse to get out of this fight, even if he has to create it himself and drag Pacquiao through the mud. What an asshole.
Notify me by email about comments that follow mine. Preview

4/15/10   |   myrna_ventura   |   1214 respect

wrote:
Don't fight him mayweather he is doped and have bricks in his gloves and he does black magic and levi tate off of the ground and he used to beat up on guys with big mouths and he flys to every match on a dragon with horns and fire and he was in the crazy house and now he broke out of there and he is ready to fight you, you gotta get out of here he is on a rampage go on floyd get out of here he is coming for you.

Oh yeah,  Sorry but I disagree with your comment regarding The Pacman On Dope LOL .  If you remembr The Money Mayweather was on doping and had a record using some enhancing drugs.  The Money is just afraid to have his ass ruined by The PACMAN that's the reason why his camp resulted to this maligning tactics. And For your INFO: The PACMAN had already filed in Court, Nevada  against his charges for maligning  him on this issue.  SO be ready you Big Mouth Money Mayweather and his camp.  The ring battle may not pursue since you're that afraid to face The PACMAN  on the boxing ring but  The Court Battle will be the venue where you can face each other .  Good Luck may the best man win LOL

4/4/10   |   myrna_ventura   |   1214 respect

wrote:
" I don't have facts??" The fact is NOW there is NO fight schuduled and BTW I'm not blowing off steam its called giving smart replys to smart alec comment partner there is nothing personal I understand your point I just disagree with the well, you already know what I disagree with its beating a dead horse being redundant almost verbatim. I do want to say I meant no offense to you or any one except mayweather haha lol no seriously I'm through with this conversation ok you guys can have all of it.

Cheers with the  same sentiments LOL  

4/4/10   |   myrna_ventura   |   1214 respect

BluDevil wrote:
Clearly every athlete is on something... nothing new there. And I'm not shocked that both Floyd and Manny would be using drugs. The difference is that some drugs are banned and some are not. The other thing is that it is strange that Floyd would agree to being blood tested every day during traing, on weigh in day and on fight day. Floyd has said he'd have no limits on his blood testing and yet Manny is insisting on limits. That's what is the most strange to me.

Sorry to deviate with your own opinion LOL   ,   but  To Every Rule There's Always an Exception and The Pacman is the exception here. See my post earlier. 

4/4/10   |   myrna_ventura   |   1214 respect

mrward51 wrote:
Mayweather is finally gamed out!!!      I really believe he is stalling against Pac,  He wants to fight him for sure, but not right now when pac is peaking in his career and mayweather has been to busy fighting old washed up fighters and cuttin rap record deals.  Truly given money mays background I know he could care less if the guy is juiced, he is purely trying to get under freddie roach's and Pac's skin!!!  LOL

So true LOL   and  because of his fear to face The PACMAN  and be ruined as a result. 

4/3/10   |   myrna_ventura   |   1214 respect

BluDevil wrote:

I can see why people, especially Floyd haters, would be spinning this story the way they are. But one huge, important fact was ignored by this article and the people who have posted comments about it.

Two weeks ago Manny's trainer, Freddy Roach, was interviewed by ESPN.com. Freddy told ESPN.com that Manny had no problem with Olympic style testing. Here is the direct quote from Freddy:

"I have no problem with the testing whatsoever. They can do whatever kind of drug testing they want. They're scared of Manny and scared of his power. He'll pass any test in the world."

Seems pretty clear cut, no? So why is this a problem all of a sudden? To me it sounds like Freddy said he was cool with the testing and so Floyd's camp said "Ok, then we want Olympic testing" and now Manny is backing out. Why? And how in the world is Floyd the bad guy in this?

Manny is reportedly saying that he's either afraid of needles or that he's superstitious about having his blood taken from his body because it makes him weaker. Come on now, are you guys seriously going to give him a pass with those excuses? Are you telling me that you wouldn't be frying a MLB player who said he refused to do a blood test because he's afraid of needles? Of that you wouldn't crucify Lance Armstrong if he said before the Tour De France that "Well, I've got a doctor who says that a urine test is good enough and I'm also afraid that if I give blood this close to the race that it will make me weak"? You damn well know that you would do exactly that if anyone tried to give these BS excuses.

The fact is that a urine test is not good enough. If it were, there would be no reason to create the US Anti Doping Agency or Olympic testing. Urine tests get beat all the time and even the most advanced tests still get beat but they are the best we have so we have to live with them.

And besides that, aren't most of the people here on the Q the same people who always post that they hate boxing now because it is so corrupt and crooked that they can't even watch it anymore? There were tons of comments after the Diaz/Maliggnaggi fight that all said "See, this is why I hate boxing. It's so fixed and corrupt and there are so many cheaters that I just can't watch it anymore." So here you have Floyd trying to make sure that this fight, the biggest fight of all time, is going to be completely beyond reproach and 100% above board and somehow he's the bad guy? He's trying to do what you all want, i.e. cleaning up boxing and making it go beyond a shadow of a doubt that something shady could be going on and somehow he's in the wrong and Manny is in the right? That's ridiculous. You are all just looking for any reason you can find to hate on Floyd.

Floyd has agreed to every stipulation that Manny wanted, including the money split and the catch weight of 147 lbs. And to make it even more fair and to keep Floyd from doing what he did against JMM, Manny requested that there be a TEN MILLION DOLLAR PER POUND PENALTY for every pound over 147 that Floyd weighed for the fight. That way, if Floyd came in two pounds over the limit to make him "stronger" (as he did against JMM) it would cost Floyd TWENTY MILLION DOLLARS. Floyd agreed to that stipulation so that this fight could get done. But yet somehow Floyd is really a coward who does not want this fight? A ten million dollar per pound penalty is unheard of and has never happened before and would certainly be a bigger sticking point than a blood test, don't you think? But Floyd gets no credit for agreeing to this record stipulation that is clearly designed to impact his ability to win the fight, and instead gets slammed when he wants to make sure that the fight is clean.

And in the article it says "just like every other boxer ever" and that is not true. If you say "just like every other pro boxer ever" that would be closer to the truth. Because the fact of the matter is that this is an Olympic test and every Olympic boxer from all over the world had to take this test in order to compete in Olympic boxing. Just like every pro soccer player had to take this test so they could compete in Olympic soccer. Just like every NBA player including Kobe Bryant and LeBron James had to take this test so they could compete in Olympic basketball. So clearly there have been plenty of boxers that have taken this test before they fought.

So why would a test that is good enough for the world’s best athletes like Kobe, LeBron, Michael Phelps, Landon Donovan and Lance Armstrong be a problem for Manny? And how is the fact that it is a problem for Manny make Floyd into the bad guy? 

Floyd has agreed to everything and Freddy Roach said that this test would not be a problem. So why is Manny backing out now? Well, I don't know why but I can tell you that it has nothing to do with Floyd being a coward who is looking for a way out of the fight or being a slime ball that is playing PR games. This is all on Manny and if the fight does not go on because Manny is scared of needles then he's the slime ball, especially considering that his trainer already said that there would be no problem with this kind of test.

All professional boxers have their drug testing done and this  is required by Nevada  Drug Testing.  The drug testing that Gayweather wanted to be done is the Olympic Drug Testing.  The Pacman wanted to comply with this style of drug testing  required by Gayweather's camp  only if who ever between Gayweather and the PACMAN  be found positive of drug will have a penalty of $10,000,000.00 .  Gayweather's camp didn't agree to the The PACMAN's condition and after this Gayweather's camp started the rumor that The PACMAN is using enhancing drugs. And  this counters your statement that Floyd Gayweather agreed to eveything that The PACMAN and Freddy Roach  said that there is no problem for drug testing.  If you analize the statements issued by both camp don't you think that Gayweather is the one who  have an  issue regarding this drug testing NOT  THE PACMAN.

4/3/10   |   myrna_ventura   |   1214 respect

sbggoldengeneral wrote:
 horay for gayweather for out-smarting national boxing assoc. on how to catch dope-hungry boxers!

i guess that's another big and huge slap across their faces hahaha!

oh and i just read about this article.. you might wanna try it to?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/321178-olympic-tests-have-never-detected-hgh-in-an-athlete-usada-backs-urine
oh yeah.. that's me sounding sarcastic

For your info Gayweather is one boxer tested positive using enhancing drugs LOL 

4/3/10   |   myrna_ventura   |   1214 respect

billiePAL1998 wrote:
its not strange at all if you know the cultural difference bet. a westerner and an asian, it is a big slap on the face for asians to imply or worst accuse them of things that they are not doing. and believe me nobody could force manny unless floyd apologize.

Yes, and you should be informed that Dignity/Honor is the prime character that every Filipino value in his personality. We Asians do dig this anytime,  anywhere we are around the globe.

4/3/10   |   myrna_ventura   |   1214 respect

wrote:
I didn't mean to be so belligerent towards your sensitive inverse opinions about the whole debate I should just let you say I need a head check and agree with that and everything else that you've said instead of being provincial on your valued opinions that you share. Get serious!!! You must have a neurological dysfunction to completely forget your allegations of me were of nothing. Hmmmm perhaps the AGE really is kicking in. Let's get a head check together.

Yes, here comes the counter reaction you expected LOL  

4/3/10   |   myrna_ventura   |   1214 respect

billiePAL1998 wrote:
REACTION DESERVES A COUNTER REACTION! LOL....

Yeah,  that should be LOL   

4/3/10   |   myrna_ventura   |   1214 respect

sbggoldengeneral wrote:
Question: what difference does it make if pacman will take the test after the game? They could have it RIGHT AFTER the game.. drugs like those dont leave your system over night. mayweather's camp is being illogical and senseless. what mayweather's doing is a CLASSIC PSYCH-OUT.. duh?! people will question pacman now that they have doubts in their minds. i agree with the author, mayweather is trying to win the people by actually pressuring pacman.
 
manny and his camp should sue mayweather by accusing him of taking the drugs. PEOPLE, manny has NEVER failed any drug test all through out his career as a boxer!
 
if manny is guilty of something, that is his love and dedication to boxing.. he may be guilty of partying, and gambling and other things but not taking that damn drugs!

That's true and correct LOL  

1/12/10   |   billiePAL1998   |   2796 respect

REACTION DESERVES A COUNTER REACTION! LOL....

1/12/10   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

wrote:
I didn't mean to be so belligerent towards your sensitive inverse opinions about the whole debate I should just let you say I need a head check and agree with that and everything else that you've said instead of being provincial on your valued opinions that you share. Get serious!!! You must have a neurological dysfunction to completely forget your allegations of me were of nothing. Hmmmm perhaps the AGE really is kicking in. Let's get a head check together.

I thought you said you were through with this conversation....

1/11/10   |   billiePAL1998   |   2796 respect

BluDevil wrote:
Clearly every athlete is on something... nothing new there. And I'm not shocked that both Floyd and Manny would be using drugs. The difference is that some drugs are banned and some are not. The other thing is that it is strange that Floyd would agree to being blood tested every day during traing, on weigh in day and on fight day. Floyd has said he'd have no limits on his blood testing and yet Manny is insisting on limits. That's what is the most strange to me.

its not strange at all if you know the cultural difference bet. a westerner and an asian, it is a big slap on the face for asians to imply or worst accuse them of things that they are not doing. and believe me nobody could force manny unless floyd apologize.

1/11/10   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

wrote:
" I don't have facts??" The fact is NOW there is NO fight schuduled and BTW I'm not blowing off steam its called giving smart replys to smart alec comment partner there is nothing personal I understand your point I just disagree with the well, you already know what I disagree with its beating a dead horse being redundant almost verbatim. I do want to say I meant no offense to you or any one except mayweather haha lol no seriously I'm through with this conversation ok you guys can have all of it.

Right... I can totally see how statements like "get rid of the hair in your ears and cobwebs in your brain" and "that thick wrinkled skull of yours" weren't meant to be offensive to me and instead were demonstrations of your intellect and excellent, insightful points.

1/11/10   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

billiePAL1998 wrote:
lol.. we are both redundant but one thing remains though, why Manny? and why Now?
why can't we accept that mostly if not all including Money or Manny are into drugs? is it a matter wherein Floyd has an earlier go start in flushing the substance, and Manny is so clueless not to start sooner?
c'mon, you, I, we are not born yesterday

Clearly every athlete is on something... nothing new there. And I'm not shocked that both Floyd and Manny would be using drugs. The difference is that some drugs are banned and some are not. The other thing is that it is strange that Floyd would agree to being blood tested every day during traing, on weigh in day and on fight day. Floyd has said he'd have no limits on his blood testing and yet Manny is insisting on limits. That's what is the most strange to me.

1/11/10   |   sbggoldengeneral   |   5 respect

(Edited by sbggoldengeneral)

 horay for gayweather for out-smarting national boxing assoc. on how to catch dope-hungry boxers!

i guess that's another big and huge slap across their faces hahaha!

oh and i just read about this article.. you might wanna try it to?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/321178-olympic-tests-have-never-detected-hgh-in-an-athlete-usada-backs-urine
oh yeah.. that's me sounding sarcastic

1/11/10   |   billiePAL1998   |   2796 respect

And BTW drug testing is made for a reason, may it be urine test or blood test or dna test. and to say that urine test does not hold water and stupid is out of line.

1/11/10   |   billiePAL1998   |   2796 respect

BluDevil wrote:
And you my friend have the same redundant argument... i.e. Floyd is afraid to fight Manny and because Floyd insists on drug testing that proves it. Well, I believe that Manny is afraid to fight Floyd and because Manny refuses to take a drug test that proves it.

It's 100% obvious that all the players involved, from the federation to the promoters and the fans want to see this fight happen. The only person who is keeping it from happening is Manny, because after all his trainer has already said that Manny had no problem with any test of any kind and that Manny would take any test Mayweather wanted and would still beat him. That is clearly, 100% not true as Manny himself has gone against everything his own people have said and obviously is afraid to take a blood test 14 days before the fight.

So if my argument is redundant, guess what, so is  yours. You are saying the same thing as much as anyone else is.

lol.. we are both redundant but one thing remains though, why Manny? and why Now?
why can't we accept that mostly if not all including Money or Manny are into drugs? is it a matter wherein Floyd has an earlier go start in flushing the substance, and Manny is so clueless not to start sooner?
c'mon, you, I, we are not born yesterday

1/11/10   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

billiePAL1998 wrote:
Your argument is becoming redunduntly incredible, the issue here is -is Mayweather tough enough to face Pacman? because the drug ek ek is  A VERY LAME EXCUSE FOR NOT FIGHTING!
Evidently, and pls. absorb the sentence ...... Floyd is using the drug issue to not fight Pacman.
Tell me, for the sake of argument..... what is other reason for gayweather for not fighting Manny?
iffffffff he really is ready to face Pacman.
I think you need to reconsider your opinion, the way I see it -your credibility as an analyst for boxng is at stake here.
Throw the drug argument out of the window put your thinking in the mind of the world boxing federation or the promoters or the fans, what do you think do they want?????????

And you my friend have the same redundant argument... i.e. Floyd is afraid to fight Manny and because Floyd insists on drug testing that proves it. Well, I believe that Manny is afraid to fight Floyd and because Manny refuses to take a drug test that proves it.

It's 100% obvious that all the players involved, from the federation to the promoters and the fans want to see this fight happen. The only person who is keeping it from happening is Manny, because after all his trainer has already said that Manny had no problem with any test of any kind and that Manny would take any test Mayweather wanted and would still beat him. That is clearly, 100% not true as Manny himself has gone against everything his own people have said and obviously is afraid to take a blood test 14 days before the fight.

So if my argument is redundant, guess what, so is  yours. You are saying the same thing as much as anyone else is.

1/11/10   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

wrote:
How old are you close to a hundred, this isn't 1910 buddy. I have been following boxing since before my time which is the mid 80's which by the way was basically a tyson era but beside the fact of there has been many fights where one boxer accuses the other of doping either way we don't have to go into details I'm quite sure you've lived long enough to have seen that situation more than everyone else under the age of 80. I'm pretty sure you even saw mr balboa fight in person maybe ring side, in either case it maybe the whole reason why I said it isn't important or "necessary" is due to the situation of the doping that Floyd your main hero of attraction is clearly afraid of pacman abusing to which "MY PERSONAL OPINION" is as "NOT NECESSARY" as my previous comment so it stands if he has "dope" in his system how come they haven't found any as of yet no history of having ANY STEROIDS or dope of ANY kind notice the emphasis to help get rid of the hair in your ears and cob webs on the brain and hopefully these young full of joyous life energetic comments left by these ACTUAL boxing fans, the ones who could care less could seep through that thick wrinkled skull of yours and you can understand what I said. Thank you for your time.

The reason why they've never found anything is because urine tests don't show everything that any athlete can be on. That's the precise reason why blood testing was created. So just to say that he's never failed a test so that automatically means he's clean is stupid. Mosley never failed a test either and he admitted to using banned substances. So it's pretty clear any boxer can get around the tests that are currently in place. That's why I think it is admirable that Floyd is willing to subject himself to these tests that Pac Man is clearly afraid to take.

That's the bottom line. People can yell, scream, stamp their feet and say that Floyd is afraid to fight Pac Man and this drug test issue is some kind of proof. It's not. Manny is 100% afraid to take a blood test. If he were any kind of man at all, he'd say "Yeah, I'll take your test and I'll test clean and I'll still kick your butt". But he's not. So you can read into that whatever you will. To me, the fact that Floyd is willing to take a test and Manny is not is proof enough of who's afraid to fight who.

And by the way, you don't have to use personal attacks to try and make your point. In fact, when you do resort to making personal attacks all you are doing is showing that you don't have any facts, opinions or anything of substance to contribute to the discussion. All you are doing is blowing hot air to cover up the fact that you really don't know anything about this situation in specific or boxing in general.

1/11/10   |   DevilAssasin   |   7 respect

BluDevil wrote:
Really? Champions are not supposed to decline a challenge? So is it not a challenge for Manny to overcome his fear of needles and superstition of having his blood taken? I personally always thought Manny was more man than girl, but being afraid of needles is a pretty girly thing.

And talk about concocting a story... come on... Manny is "superstitious"? I can't even conceive of a more concocted story, especially given the fact that Freddy Roach already said that Manny had no problem with an olympic style drug test.

Manny is the one who is declining a challenge. Manny is the one who is concocting stories in order to avoid Floyd. Manny is being a coward who won't back up his own trainers words. End of story.

ahh. yes, you are very right that champions do not decline challenges, but is it more appropriate for a "champ" like mayweather, if he really is, to fight on match using fist and not his mouth before the fight. C'mon sh!t they're not debaters...

1/11/10   |   DevilAssasin   |   7 respect

wrote:
Don't fight him mayweather he is doped and have bricks in his gloves and he does black magic and levi tate off of the ground and he used to beat up on guys with big mouths and he flys to every match on a dragon with horns and fire and he was in the crazy house and now he broke out of there and he is ready to fight you, you gotta get out of here he is on a rampage go on floyd get out of here he is coming for you.

I think you're more crazier than manny. hahaha
It's really funny pal.

1/10/10   |   billiePAL1998   |   2796 respect

BluDevil wrote:
First, I definitely do not actually believe that Manny is afraid of needles. I think that he's using that as a convenient excuse to avoid testing and to avoid fighting Floyd.

Second, Floyd has agreed to "all of that" so it is only fair to expect that Manny would give a little too from his end in order to get the fight done.

Third, you have no idea what kind of dope is out there. BALCO came out with dope that consistently avoided every urine test, so they had to come up with a blood test to catch it. It is not unreasonable to think that with the billions of dollars that are invested in sports that scientists somewhere have come up with some new kind of dope that avoids a blood test immediately after a fight. That is precisely why the USADA has the testing standards that they have. So while you may not think this is necessary, there are plenty of other people who think it is very necessary.

Your argument is becoming redunduntly incredible, the issue here is -is Mayweather tough enough to face Pacman? because the drug ek ek is  A VERY LAME EXCUSE FOR NOT FIGHTING!
Evidently, and pls. absorb the sentence ...... Floyd is using the drug issue to not fight Pacman.
Tell me, for the sake of argument..... what is other reason for gayweather for not fighting Manny?
iffffffff he really is ready to face Pacman.
I think you need to reconsider your opinion, the way I see it -your credibility as an analyst for boxng is at stake here.
Throw the drug argument out of the window put your thinking in the mind of the world boxing federation or the promoters or the fans, what do you think do they want?????????

1/10/10   |   billiePAL1998   |   2796 respect

BluDevil wrote:
Yeah, that's right. If we don't want to see cheating and fighters using banned substances, then we should just watch the olympics. Otherwise if you want to see doped up fighters, then go watch a pro fight. Shame on Floyd Mayweather for trying to make boxing better and cleaner.

And you, me and everyone else with a brain knows that the cycle for blood doping starts about 14 days before an event and ends about 4 days before an event so that the blood dope is out of the persons system in time for the "post event" test. Isn't it odd that Manny would agree to a blood test 30 days before the fight, and 24 days before the fight and immediately after the fight but he absolutely refuses to have a blood test 14 days before the fight.... hmmm.... .yeah, nothing suspicious about that at all.

dont talk about cheating amigo, bec. when manny was new in the arena your judges are constantly cheating him with the scoring

1/10/10   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

sbggoldengeneral wrote:
 i believe the FACT that you are addressing has been answered:

From Bob Arum
 “Let’s be very clear on the real issues we differ on. It’s not about being tested. Manny is onboard with that since it’s such a major concern of Floyd Mayweather, Jr. It’s about who does the testing and the scheduling of the procedures. Manny will submit to as many random urine tests requested. Regarding the blood tests, he will subject himself to three tests; one given in January during the week the fight is formally announced, one thirty days from the fight, no later than February 13, and the final one immediately following the fight, in Manny’s locker room. "

So it's not the testing, it's the scheduling and who does it.

FACT: they are not going to fight in the olympics and the boxing association has their own testing procedures. if they will comply with the olympics testing style, it will be a big blow to the boxing association's ego. therefore, if gayweather wants olympic style test, then why the bloody hell didn't he just join the olympic team??

FACT: pacman's camp agreed on the olympic test and will subject to 3 tests: 1. january, during the week the fight is formally announced. 2. not later than feb 13, which is 30 days before the fight and most importantly 3. RIGHT AFTER THE GAME.

FACT: pacman has never failed the test before, all through out his career. he's either more intelligent than those who has been caught or he has never really used enhancing substance. you'd think that by now, if he's using, he should have already been caught. then again, maybe he's just more intelligent than those doing the test. imagine, out-smarting and out-witting them all this time? classic! they are a laughing stock!

if you are looking for olympic style testing, stick in the olympics game

Yeah, that's right. If we don't want to see cheating and fighters using banned substances, then we should just watch the olympics. Otherwise if you want to see doped up fighters, then go watch a pro fight. Shame on Floyd Mayweather for trying to make boxing better and cleaner.

And you, me and everyone else with a brain knows that the cycle for blood doping starts about 14 days before an event and ends about 4 days before an event so that the blood dope is out of the persons system in time for the "post event" test. Isn't it odd that Manny would agree to a blood test 30 days before the fight, and 24 days before the fight and immediately after the fight but he absolutely refuses to have a blood test 14 days before the fight.... hmmm.... .yeah, nothing suspicious about that at all.

1/10/10   |   sbggoldengeneral   |   5 respect

BluDevil wrote:
I disagree... because Manny might be able to get different substances that those guys didn't get. Just like how many MLB players were able to get stuff that could beat the tests when other guys who got cheaper or older stuff got caught.

And besides that, nobody anywhere in any comment is addressing my FACT that Freddy Roach already said that Manny would do any kind of testing at all and had no problem with Olympic style testing. So for every point you are making (and some are good, no doubt) why isn't anyone addressing the obvious split between what Roach said and what Manny is doing now?

If testing was good enough as it is, and if the same test that caught Chavez Jr. would have caught Manny if he were doing something, then why didn't Roach come out and say "Urine tests are good enough and Manny is not good with Olympic testing because he feels it isn't needed." Instead Roach says the exact opposite. So why is that?

 i believe the FACT that you are addressing has been answered:

From Bob Arum
 “Let’s be very clear on the real issues we differ on. It’s not about being tested. Manny is onboard with that since it’s such a major concern of Floyd Mayweather, Jr. It’s about who does the testing and the scheduling of the procedures. Manny will submit to as many random urine tests requested. Regarding the blood tests, he will subject himself to three tests; one given in January during the week the fight is formally announced, one thirty days from the fight, no later than February 13, and the final one immediately following the fight, in Manny’s locker room. "

So it's not the testing, it's the scheduling and who does it.

FACT: they are not going to fight in the olympics and the boxing association has their own testing procedures. if they will comply with the olympics testing style, it will be a big blow to the boxing association's ego. therefore, if gayweather wants olympic style test, then why the bloody hell didn't he just join the olympic team??

FACT: pacman's camp agreed on the olympic test and will subject to 3 tests: 1. january, during the week the fight is formally announced. 2. not later than feb 13, which is 30 days before the fight and most importantly 3. RIGHT AFTER THE GAME.

FACT: pacman has never failed the test before, all through out his career. he's either more intelligent than those who has been caught or he has never really used enhancing substance. you'd think that by now, if he's using, he should have already been caught. then again, maybe he's just more intelligent than those doing the test. imagine, out-smarting and out-witting them all this time? classic! they are a laughing stock!

if you are looking for olympic style testing, stick in the olympics game

1/1/10   |   billiePAL1998   |   2796 respect

BluDevil wrote:
Really? Champions are not supposed to decline a challenge? So is it not a challenge for Manny to overcome his fear of needles and superstition of having his blood taken? I personally always thought Manny was more man than girl, but being afraid of needles is a pretty girly thing.

And talk about concocting a story... come on... Manny is "superstitious"? I can't even conceive of a more concocted story, especially given the fact that Freddy Roach already said that Manny had no problem with an olympic style drug test.

Manny is the one who is declining a challenge. Manny is the one who is concocting stories in order to avoid Floyd. Manny is being a coward who won't back up his own trainers words. End of story.

well then you are one of the blind followers haha who would not take a hint 4 an answer, pacman is now filing charges in vegas vs gayweather and if you dont have any other issue other than this ridiculous drug issue so be it. use your brain my friend at these point in time?? manny DOES NOT NEED FLOYD he has everything .... a legacy. a title, the money, even defeats he is not S C A R E D to lose! SO CHILLL truth of the matter is in floyds hand..... it all depends on him if the fight will ensue because MANNY IS JUST WAITING HEHEHE

12/30/09   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

wrote:
Manny? A wuss?? WOW! Are you serious right now ESPN describes him as the man who may change the standards for boxing F-O-R-E-V-E-R! Manny changed weight classes and STILL won each time and about the whole NEEDLE stupid-stitious drama he has tattoos why for one minute do you actually believe that he is afraid of needles? I mean c'mon on now. Pac has come a long way since he and chavez's first fight. So if Floyd agreed to all of that then why won't he just agree to go toe to toe with manny so we all can see just how much he can talk and fight inside of the ring instead of talking without fighting outside of the ring and pacman can blood test after the fight everyone knows that kind of DOPE doesn't leave your system immediately after a fight so really is all of this necessary? I think not.

First, I definitely do not actually believe that Manny is afraid of needles. I think that he's using that as a convenient excuse to avoid testing and to avoid fighting Floyd.

Second, Floyd has agreed to "all of that" so it is only fair to expect that Manny would give a little too from his end in order to get the fight done.

Third, you have no idea what kind of dope is out there. BALCO came out with dope that consistently avoided every urine test, so they had to come up with a blood test to catch it. It is not unreasonable to think that with the billions of dollars that are invested in sports that scientists somewhere have come up with some new kind of dope that avoids a blood test immediately after a fight. That is precisely why the USADA has the testing standards that they have. So while you may not think this is necessary, there are plenty of other people who think it is very necessary.

12/29/09   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

billiePAL1998 wrote:
He cannot say nope, why? because he is suppose to be a champion HAH! cHAMPIONS ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO DECLINE A CHALLENGE! So if he is really the man we percieve him to be then he will concoct a story soooo rediculously believable to get out from it without tarnishing his so called "title"
HE IS A SMART BOXER ALRIGHT BUT HE IS SCARED SH*T TO FIGHT A REAL FIGHTER......END OF STORY

Really? Champions are not supposed to decline a challenge? So is it not a challenge for Manny to overcome his fear of needles and superstition of having his blood taken? I personally always thought Manny was more man than girl, but being afraid of needles is a pretty girly thing.

And talk about concocting a story... come on... Manny is "superstitious"? I can't even conceive of a more concocted story, especially given the fact that Freddy Roach already said that Manny had no problem with an olympic style drug test.

Manny is the one who is declining a challenge. Manny is the one who is concocting stories in order to avoid Floyd. Manny is being a coward who won't back up his own trainers words. End of story.

12/28/09   |   billiePAL1998   |   2796 respect

BluDevil wrote:
If Floyd didn't want to fight Manny he could have had multiple ways of getting out of the fight. For example:

If Floyd wanted out he could have said "No, we fight in May or we don't fight". But instead he agreed to the March date so that Manny could run for congress.

If Floyd wanted out he could have said "I want 70% of the split". But he didn't. Instead he agreed to Manny's terms for the split of the fight money.

If Floyd wanted out he could have said "Nope, I don't agree to a catch weight of 147". But he didn't. He agreed to Manny's demand that the fight be at 147.

If Floyd wanted out he could have said "No, I won't agree to a $10 Million dollar penalty per pound over 147". But he didn't. He agreed to the penalty which not only made it possible to have the fight but also ensures that Floyd won't come in over weight like he did against JMM.

So that's 4 items that Floyd agreed to that Manny wanted to get this fight done. Why in hell would Floyd wait until now to come up with this testing thing to back out of the fight? Why wouldn't Floyd have just disagreed with one of the other items? Are you seriously suggesting that Floyd is so crafty that he's thinking "Oh yeah, I'll agree to all this other stuff and then when I don't want to fight, I'll throw in the blood testing. Yeah, that's the ticket!!!"

If you think that you need to have your head examined. Floyd has agreed to every demand. If the fight does not happen now simply because Manny is afraid of needles or superstitious about giving blood, then that's all on Manny for being a wuss.

He cannot say nope, why? because he is suppose to be a champion HAH! cHAMPIONS ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO DECLINE A CHALLENGE! So if he is really the man we percieve him to be then he will concoct a story soooo rediculously believable to get out from it without tarnishing his so called "title"
HE IS A SMART BOXER ALRIGHT BUT HE IS SCARED SH*T TO FIGHT A REAL FIGHTER......END OF STORY

12/28/09   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

billiePAL1998 wrote:
well thats a matter between them not ours, bec. as far as manny is concern he is going to prove in our face (point blank) that people are wrong, and you cant just accuse a clean person a black propaganda just because you're scared sh#t of loosing your protected title. Oral defamation and Libel for Floyd because thats  A CLEAR CUT MUD SLINGING. WHY CANT HE JUST ADMIT THAT HE IS SCARED???????

That will never be proven in court that it is defamation or libel. Floyd didn't say, ever, that Manny used performance enhancing drugs. He only said that Manny wouldn't agree to Olympic testing and that is a fact, Manny didn't agree to Olympic testing. People can draw their own conclusions from that and it is slander or libel. Having an opinion, which all of us do on this site every day, is never slander or libel. The National Enquirer and TMZ is 100% proof positive of that.

12/28/09   |   billiePAL1998   |   2796 respect

BluDevil wrote:
Yeah, so is he also going to sue his own trainer for saying that he had no problem with an olympic style test when clearly he does have a problem?

well thats a matter between them not ours, bec. as far as manny is concern he is going to prove in our face (point blank) that people are wrong, and you cant just accuse a clean person a black propaganda just because you're scared sh#t of loosing your protected title. Oral defamation and Libel for Floyd because thats  A CLEAR CUT MUD SLINGING. WHY CANT HE JUST ADMIT THAT HE IS SCARED???????

12/28/09   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

wrote:
And y can't you tell me when is the last time pacman FAILED a drug test before OR after a fight it doesn't matter what his camp "SAID" look what mayweather's camp "SAID" this isn't a fight between the camps this is strictly between pac and may they're the only one's in that ring start to finish everyone in the camp is between rounds and if I remember last fight mayweather had he won I give it to him but look who he was fighting are u serious and he was proud of that win now look at pac when he fights somebody it be SOMEBODY and he wins with this look on his face like he needs a cigarette. Now pac when he fights HE FIGHTS not only the boxer but the urge not to beat the pulp out of them so he doesn't go back to jail, but don't believe that he won't lash out or doesn't have the power to but FLOYD can't and won't compete with that

If Floyd didn't want to fight Manny he could have had multiple ways of getting out of the fight. For example:

If Floyd wanted out he could have said "No, we fight in May or we don't fight". But instead he agreed to the March date so that Manny could run for congress.

If Floyd wanted out he could have said "I want 70% of the split". But he didn't. Instead he agreed to Manny's terms for the split of the fight money.

If Floyd wanted out he could have said "Nope, I don't agree to a catch weight of 147". But he didn't. He agreed to Manny's demand that the fight be at 147.

If Floyd wanted out he could have said "No, I won't agree to a $10 Million dollar penalty per pound over 147". But he didn't. He agreed to the penalty which not only made it possible to have the fight but also ensures that Floyd won't come in over weight like he did against JMM.

So that's 4 items that Floyd agreed to that Manny wanted to get this fight done. Why in hell would Floyd wait until now to come up with this testing thing to back out of the fight? Why wouldn't Floyd have just disagreed with one of the other items? Are you seriously suggesting that Floyd is so crafty that he's thinking "Oh yeah, I'll agree to all this other stuff and then when I don't want to fight, I'll throw in the blood testing. Yeah, that's the ticket!!!"

If you think that you need to have your head examined. Floyd has agreed to every demand. If the fight does not happen now simply because Manny is afraid of needles or superstitious about giving blood, then that's all on Manny for being a wuss.

12/28/09   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

billiePAL1998 wrote:
One thing you dont know is, Manny is planning on sueing gayweather to make his point direct - sooo dream on floyd lovers,pacman will not fail any testing that gayweather wants - floyd is hoping againts hope that manny fails hahaha he doesnt know how a Filipino athletes think yet. Now the world would know WHAT Mayweather is made of.  Floyd will continue to fall to the lair of Manny, its exciting! just wait and see

Yeah, so is he also going to sue his own trainer for saying that he had no problem with an olympic style test when clearly he does have a problem?

12/27/09   |   billiePAL1998   |   2796 respect

MAYWEATHER IS SCARED TO FIGHT PACMAN WHY??? BECAUSE HE HAS ONLY ONE LEGACY LEFT WHICH IS AN UNDEFEATED BOXER TITLE AT PRESENT.
PACMAN HAS ALREADY PROVEN WHAT HE IS MADE OF, HAS A COUPLE OF TITLES TO GIVEAWAY lol and its just a matter of acceptance for floyd lovers that there man is a passe boxer

12/27/09   |   billiePAL1998   |   2796 respect

BluDevil wrote:
I disagree... because Manny might be able to get different substances that those guys didn't get. Just like how many MLB players were able to get stuff that could beat the tests when other guys who got cheaper or older stuff got caught.

And besides that, nobody anywhere in any comment is addressing my FACT that Freddy Roach already said that Manny would do any kind of testing at all and had no problem with Olympic style testing. So for every point you are making (and some are good, no doubt) why isn't anyone addressing the obvious split between what Roach said and what Manny is doing now?

If testing was good enough as it is, and if the same test that caught Chavez Jr. would have caught Manny if he were doing something, then why didn't Roach come out and say "Urine tests are good enough and Manny is not good with Olympic testing because he feels it isn't needed." Instead Roach says the exact opposite. So why is that?

One thing you dont know is, Manny is planning on sueing gayweather to make his point direct - sooo dream on floyd lovers,pacman will not fail any testing that gayweather wants - floyd is hoping againts hope that manny fails hahaha he doesnt know how a Filipino athletes think yet. Now the world would know WHAT Mayweather is made of.  Floyd will continue to fall to the lair of Manny, its exciting! just wait and see

12/24/09   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

billiePAL1998 wrote:
PACMAN NEVER FAILED A DRUG TEST IN HIS CAREER, WHAT A GAYISH REASON FOR FLOYD

So why did Freddy Roach say that Manny had no problem with an Olympic style test two weeks ago? WHY??????? No one is addressing that at all.

12/24/09   |   adriene_skills   |   31 respect

(Edited by adriene_skills)

I could see,if pacquiao has tested positive before,then i wouldn't mind,but if u see how he trains and he used to be a 1 handed fighter,with the straight left and now that he's added the right hook it made him that much better.This all started,with mayweather sr claiming pacquaio was on steroids,i guess he's just mad that he trained hatton to get knocked out in 2 rounds by pacman.

12/24/09   |   phatkat   |   1044 respect

billiePAL1998 wrote:
PACMAN NEVER FAILED A DRUG TEST IN HIS CAREER, WHAT A GAYISH REASON FOR FLOYD

HEARD THAT!!!!

12/24/09   |   billiePAL1998   |   2796 respect

Lizzo wrote:
Hahahahaha!!!!!! LMAO!!

PACMAN NEVER FAILED A DRUG TEST IN HIS CAREER, WHAT A GAYISH REASON FOR FLOYD

12/24/09   |   billiePAL1998   |   2796 respect

robrosco wrote:
The difference is if he DOESN'T take the additional test he is DEFINITELY hiding something. If both fighters are required to to the exact SAME test why would it be unfair? Nothing against Pacman.  I think the boxing commissions in all states should be forcing these guys to adhere to more rigorous drug testing methods since these guys have been finding ways to circumvent tests (urine) for YEARS! You can go as far back to 1983 where the Pryor vs. Arguello controversy started based on a supposed illegal substance given to him by Panama Lewis in Fight number 1.  If any substance is detected in their system then the fighter should be BANNED for an indefinite period of time. JMHO.

haha MAYWEATHER IS SCARED SH#T OF PACMAN SOOOOO OBVIOUS!

12/23/09   |   Lizzo   |   324 respect

elevenbravo138again wrote:
100% agreement and imagine my shock that in a pristine sport like pro boxing you might find  "slimy PR Tactics" what would Don King say? Only in America?

Hahahahaha!!!!!! LMAO!!

12/23/09   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

(Edited by BluDevil)

I disagree... because Manny might be able to get different substances that those guys didn't get. Just like how many MLB players were able to get stuff that could beat the tests when other guys who got cheaper or older stuff got caught.

And besides that, nobody anywhere in any comment is addressing my FACT that Freddy Roach already said that Manny would do any kind of testing at all and had no problem with Olympic style testing. So for every point you are making (and some are good, no doubt) why isn't anyone addressing the obvious split between what Roach said and what Manny is doing now?

If testing was good enough as it is, and if the same test that caught Chavez Jr. would have caught Manny if he were doing something, then why didn't Roach come out and say "Urine tests are good enough and Manny is not good with Olympic testing because he feels it isn't needed." Instead Roach says the exact opposite. So why is that?

12/23/09   |   adriene_skills   |   31 respect

(Edited by adriene_skills)

If they caught guy's like fernando vargas,james toney and the same fighter on the card as pacquiao vs cotto julio caesar chavez jr,if pacquiao was soo guilty it would have showed up,just like it did with chavez jr.

12/23/09   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

adriene_skills wrote:
Arum on Pacquiao-Mayweather
 
 

In response to the release sent out Tuesday by Mayweather Promotions and Golden Boy Promotions which stated that Mayweather vs. Pacquiao was “in jeopardy,” Bob Arum, chairman of Top Rank, the promoter of seven-division world champion Manny Pacquiao, had the following to say: “Let’s be very clear on the real issues we differ on. It’s not about being tested. Manny is onboard with that since it’s such a major concern of Floyd Mayweather, Jr. It’s about who does the testing and the scheduling of the procedures. Manny will submit to as many random urine tests requested. Regarding the blood tests, he will subject himself to three tests; one given in January during the week the fight is formally announced, one thirty days from the fight, no later than February 13, and the final one immediately following the fight, in Manny’s locker room. The major issue related to the testing rests with which independent agency will administer these tests. The United States Anti Doping Agency (USADA) cannot do it because they will not amend its procedures to accommodate the blood testing schedule we have outlined. USADA, under its guidelines, would have the right to administer random blood tests as many times as they want up to weigh-in day and that is ludicrous.

“Our suggestion is to utilize any of the independent agencies that work with the National Football League, the National Basketball Association or Major League Baseball, since they administer drug testing for their professional athletes.”

New York-based athletic physician, Dr. Keith Pyne, a private injury consultant for NFL athletes and those who participate in running and combat sports, told AOL Fanhouse,
“I have more than 800 guys who are special athletes who are all drug-tested. And the urine testing is sufficient that you won’t miss anything, especially with performance-enhancing drugs. So, yes, I believe that the urine testing is more than sufficient for boxing. If you’re using steroids, it’s going to come up for sure in urine. There’s no way it’s going to get through the liver and the kidney without being detected.”

“If Mayweather Promotions and Golden Boy Promotions are sincere in creating ‘a level playing field,’ as they stated in their release, our recommendations should put their minds at ease,” said Arum. “If not, one has to wonder if their motives are more about leveling the fight.”


 

What's the problem here? Is it that the USADA actually catches dopers with their random tests and the independent agencies that don't use random tests (therefore giving people an opportunity to test clean because they know when the test is coming) don't?

Again, amateur Olympic boxers abide by these rules and they are randomly tested at any time, including weigh-in day. If an amateur boxer can deal with it and Floyd can deal with it then why can't Manny deal with it? Why is it so important for Manny to know exactly when he'll be tested?

12/23/09   |   adriene_skills   |   31 respect

Arum on Pacquiao-Mayweather
 
 

In response to the release sent out Tuesday by Mayweather Promotions and Golden Boy Promotions which stated that Mayweather vs. Pacquiao was “in jeopardy,” Bob Arum, chairman of Top Rank, the promoter of seven-division world champion Manny Pacquiao, had the following to say: “Let’s be very clear on the real issues we differ on. It’s not about being tested. Manny is onboard with that since it’s such a major concern of Floyd Mayweather, Jr. It’s about who does the testing and the scheduling of the procedures. Manny will submit to as many random urine tests requested. Regarding the blood tests, he will subject himself to three tests; one given in January during the week the fight is formally announced, one thirty days from the fight, no later than February 13, and the final one immediately following the fight, in Manny’s locker room. The major issue related to the testing rests with which independent agency will administer these tests. The United States Anti Doping Agency (USADA) cannot do it because they will not amend its procedures to accommodate the blood testing schedule we have outlined. USADA, under its guidelines, would have the right to administer random blood tests as many times as they want up to weigh-in day and that is ludicrous.

“Our suggestion is to utilize any of the independent agencies that work with the National Football League, the National Basketball Association or Major League Baseball, since they administer drug testing for their professional athletes.”

New York-based athletic physician, Dr. Keith Pyne, a private injury consultant for NFL athletes and those who participate in running and combat sports, told AOL Fanhouse,
“I have more than 800 guys who are special athletes who are all drug-tested. And the urine testing is sufficient that you won’t miss anything, especially with performance-enhancing drugs. So, yes, I believe that the urine testing is more than sufficient for boxing. If you’re using steroids, it’s going to come up for sure in urine. There’s no way it’s going to get through the liver and the kidney without being detected.”

“If Mayweather Promotions and Golden Boy Promotions are sincere in creating ‘a level playing field,’ as they stated in their release, our recommendations should put their minds at ease,” said Arum. “If not, one has to wonder if their motives are more about leveling the fight.”


 

12/23/09   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

I can see why people, especially Floyd haters, would be spinning this story the way they are. But one huge, important fact was ignored by this article and the people who have posted comments about it.

Two weeks ago Manny's trainer, Freddy Roach, was interviewed by ESPN.com. Freddy told ESPN.com that Manny had no problem with Olympic style testing. Here is the direct quote from Freddy:

"I have no problem with the testing whatsoever. They can do whatever kind of drug testing they want. They're scared of Manny and scared of his power. He'll pass any test in the world."

Seems pretty clear cut, no? So why is this a problem all of a sudden? To me it sounds like Freddy said he was cool with the testing and so Floyd's camp said "Ok, then we want Olympic testing" and now Manny is backing out. Why? And how in the world is Floyd the bad guy in this?

Manny is reportedly saying that he's either afraid of needles or that he's superstitious about having his blood taken from his body because it makes him weaker. Come on now, are you guys seriously going to give him a pass with those excuses? Are you telling me that you wouldn't be frying a MLB player who said he refused to do a blood test because he's afraid of needles? Of that you wouldn't crucify Lance Armstrong if he said before the Tour De France that "Well, I've got a doctor who says that a urine test is good enough and I'm also afraid that if I give blood this close to the race that it will make me weak"? You damn well know that you would do exactly that if anyone tried to give these BS excuses.

The fact is that a urine test is not good enough. If it were, there would be no reason to create the US Anti Doping Agency or Olympic testing. Urine tests get beat all the time and even the most advanced tests still get beat but they are the best we have so we have to live with them.

And besides that, aren't most of the people here on the Q the same people who always post that they hate boxing now because it is so corrupt and crooked that they can't even watch it anymore? There were tons of comments after the Diaz/Maliggnaggi fight that all said "See, this is why I hate boxing. It's so fixed and corrupt and there are so many cheaters that I just can't watch it anymore." So here you have Floyd trying to make sure that this fight, the biggest fight of all time, is going to be completely beyond reproach and 100% above board and somehow he's the bad guy? He's trying to do what you all want, i.e. cleaning up boxing and making it go beyond a shadow of a doubt that something shady could be going on and somehow he's in the wrong and Manny is in the right? That's ridiculous. You are all just looking for any reason you can find to hate on Floyd.

Floyd has agreed to every stipulation that Manny wanted, including the money split and the catch weight of 147 lbs. And to make it even more fair and to keep Floyd from doing what he did against JMM, Manny requested that there be a TEN MILLION DOLLAR PER POUND PENALTY for every pound over 147 that Floyd weighed for the fight. That way, if Floyd came in two pounds over the limit to make him "stronger" (as he did against JMM) it would cost Floyd TWENTY MILLION DOLLARS. Floyd agreed to that stipulation so that this fight could get done. But yet somehow Floyd is really a coward who does not want this fight? A ten million dollar per pound penalty is unheard of and has never happened before and would certainly be a bigger sticking point than a blood test, don't you think? But Floyd gets no credit for agreeing to this record stipulation that is clearly designed to impact his ability to win the fight, and instead gets slammed when he wants to make sure that the fight is clean.

And in the article it says "just like every other boxer ever" and that is not true. If you say "just like every other pro boxer ever" that would be closer to the truth. Because the fact of the matter is that this is an Olympic test and every Olympic boxer from all over the world had to take this test in order to compete in Olympic boxing. Just like every pro soccer player had to take this test so they could compete in Olympic soccer. Just like every NBA player including Kobe Bryant and LeBron James had to take this test so they could compete in Olympic basketball. So clearly there have been plenty of boxers that have taken this test before they fought.

So why would a test that is good enough for the world’s best athletes like Kobe, LeBron, Michael Phelps, Landon Donovan and Lance Armstrong be a problem for Manny? And how is the fact that it is a problem for Manny make Floyd into the bad guy? 

Floyd has agreed to everything and Freddy Roach said that this test would not be a problem. So why is Manny backing out now? Well, I don't know why but I can tell you that it has nothing to do with Floyd being a coward who is looking for a way out of the fight or being a slime ball that is playing PR games. This is all on Manny and if the fight does not go on because Manny is scared of needles then he's the slime ball, especially considering that his trainer already said that there would be no problem with this kind of test.

12/23/09   |   sbggoldengeneral   |   5 respect

if gayweather wants olympic style test, then just join the freakin olympic team! boxing commission made their own test because they have their own reasons.. and now gayweather's changing them? hmm..

manny is going to take whatever test is that BEFORE the training and RIGHT AFTER THE GAME but not in between.. what differnce does it make? those drugs wont leave your system right away

manny has nothing to hide. he passed all those tests in the past and he'll do it again.

12/23/09   |   sandorsommer   |   1 respect

Mayweather is no coward. Check his career. Pacman saying he's scared of needles? are you shi$%ing me?? Are his tattoos fake? Boxing needs more credibility not less. Man up and take the test..Unless you're the coward.

12/23/09   |   phatkat   |   1044 respect

This is just another ploy to hide the cowardice of Mayweather and start bashing Pacman before a fight.....if ya gonna fight...FIGHT! leave the pansy shit to the punks in the streets!

12/23/09   |   elevenbravo138again   |   1163 respect

Lizzo wrote:
As long as both fighters comply with the same tests, I see no reason to think this is a ploy to cancel the fight. Who cares if Olympic testing isn't reckognized by the Nevada Commission? If it was part of the deal from the beginning, get on with it!

100% agreement and imagine my shock that in a pristine sport like pro boxing you might find  "slimy PR Tactics" what would Don King say? Only in America?

12/23/09   |   legba

I WANNA SEE THIS FIGHT!!!!!!

get in the damn and and get it on

12/23/09   |   blackbrooklynbulldog   |   23 respect

 Mayweather, just fight pacman and move on...unless floyd is scared?...lol...hmmmm...

12/23/09   |   robertraysalinas   |   12 respect

hell make that shoulder defense of mayweather black and blue man... pac will beat that up until it breaks man!!! and shut the hell out of the talkative mayweather...

12/23/09   |   eddie99772   |   1 respect

BLKWOLF wrote:
GET REAL!!!! IF YOUR CLEAN WTF IS THE PROBLEM? PAC CAN FIGHT BUT HE CAN'T AND WILL NOT BEAT MAYWEATHER!!!!

Pacquiao will make Mayweather look like chopped meat when he's done.  Pacquiao has the speed and defense to avoid many of Mayweather's punches and deliver pain in return.  Pacquiao in 10.

12/23/09   |   eddie99772   |   1 respect

Mayweather has always been a loud mouth jerk, even in his amateur days.  His mouth is going to cost him such a beating from Pacquiao that he'll want to retire again and stay gone this time.  While Mayweather may be good for pay per view sales, his mouth is one thing that will hurt boxing.

12/23/09   |   mrward51   |   46 respect

Money May is tryin to get into his head.  Because he knows this fight presents probs for him.  Some may say Money May will win the fight all Im saying is I dont know.  It should be a barnburner.  May is a true boxer, while Pac is brawler boxer with heart and you always have to go with the puncher

12/23/09   |   Lizzo   |   324 respect

As long as both fighters comply with the same tests, I see no reason to think this is a ploy to cancel the fight. Who cares if Olympic testing isn't reckognized by the Nevada Commission? If it was part of the deal from the beginning, get on with it!

12/23/09   |   GUNNEY_S   |   6 respect

What is Pacman scared of.  In the Yahoo article I read last night it said he was scared of needles.  And that blood taken 48 hours prior to a fight would effect his performance.  For all the people who say a urine test is enough, how are all the football players getting buy.  Remember BALCO anyone? 

12/23/09   |   BLKWOLF   |   89 respect

GET REAL!!!! IF YOUR CLEAN WTF IS THE PROBLEM? PAC CAN FIGHT BUT HE CAN'T AND WILL NOT BEAT MAYWEATHER!!!!

12/23/09   |   mrward51   |   46 respect

Mayweather is finally gamed out!!!      I really believe he is stalling against Pac,  He wants to fight him for sure, but not right now when pac is peaking in his career and mayweather has been to busy fighting old washed up fighters and cuttin rap record deals.  Truly given money mays background I know he could care less if the guy is juiced, he is purely trying to get under freddie roach's and Pac's skin!!!  LOL

12/23/09   |   Johnnyburke32   |   1 respect

incredibly biased article written there. the fact of the matter is a urine test isnt as thorough without a blood test. Seeing as nearly every major, and not so major sports stars, have to submit to the usada testing, why shouldnt pacquiao? besides if hes clean he shouldnt have a problem with blood testing, am i right?

12/23/09   |   PoppyGrande   |   55 respect

Mayweather should be ashamed to even call himself a warrior,let alone a boxer.This ploy leads me to believe that Mayweather is actually afraid of being knocked out by Pacman.Gayweather talks a good fight,too bad he doesn't have the guts to face someone who can actually beat him.

12/23/09   |   jasonbey   |   3 respect

 Freddie Roach keep saying Floyd is scared...I don't see it. They are the ones that can't keep their story straight. First they said let's fight in May. Floyd said ok. Then Roach says they can only fight in March, and that it would probly be too soon for Mayweather, and said they would fight Yuri Foreman in March if Floyd refused. But  Floyd said ok. So Roach started back peddling saying March was "too soon" That was their date...How do you back out on your own plan????? Now two weeks ago the blood test was fine with Roach. He said as long as it's 5 days before the fight. Mayweather would be cool with that. Everybody can be assured no one is using HGH. Mayweather has asked for this since the beginning of negotiations. This is nothing new to the deal. They are on record agreeing to it, and claiming they could and would pass "Olympic Style Drug Testing" Now they claim it is too much...May agreed to pay $10 million for every pound over 147lbs. But Manny is too good to give 1 teaspoon of blood. Come on "filipino warrior" Be a champion and step up. Mayweather is not afraid of you. He is not gonna drain himself for you, not gonna fight at any catch weight, and he is gonna protect himself from any shady business.  Can you handle a fair fight to see who the real P4P KING is? If not quit wasting our time. KICK ROCKS poodle.

12/23/09   |   marcus_nyce   |   27324 respect

Money should talk!?! Check out "The Situation" he has for a stomach. Child please.

12/23/09   |   jasonbey   |   3 respect

 Pacman pac team is trippin again

12/23/09   |   sbggoldengeneral   |   5 respect

robrosco wrote:
The difference is if he DOESN'T take the additional test he is DEFINITELY hiding something. If both fighters are required to to the exact SAME test why would it be unfair? Nothing against Pacman.  I think the boxing commissions in all states should be forcing these guys to adhere to more rigorous drug testing methods since these guys have been finding ways to circumvent tests (urine) for YEARS! You can go as far back to 1983 where the Pryor vs. Arguello controversy started based on a supposed illegal substance given to him by Panama Lewis in Fight number 1.  If any substance is detected in their system then the fighter should be BANNED for an indefinite period of time. JMHO.

they could do whatever test they want to do RIGHT AFTER the game.. "right after" being the operative words. and again, drugs like those don't leave your system overnight.

and to add to it:
New York-based athletic physician, Dr. Keith Pyne, is a private injury consultant for NFL athletes and those who participate in running and combat sports.

"I have more than 800 guys who are special athletes who are all drug-tested. And the urine testing is sufficient that you won't miss anything, especially with performance-enhancing drugs," said Pyne. 

"So, yes, I believe that the urine testing is more than sufficient for boxing. If you're using steroids, it's going to come up for sure in urine," said Pyne. "There's no way it's going to get through the liver and the kidney without being detected."

12/23/09   |   Jizmaglobin   |   540 respect

 Mayweather is a punk.

12/23/09   |   gncdrive   |   3 respect

Once again, pretty boy is running and running around the boxing ring ! What a pussy ...

12/23/09   |   robrosco   |   1 respect

The difference is if he DOESN'T take the additional test he is DEFINITELY hiding something. If both fighters are required to to the exact SAME test why would it be unfair? Nothing against Pacman.  I think the boxing commissions in all states should be forcing these guys to adhere to more rigorous drug testing methods since these guys have been finding ways to circumvent tests (urine) for YEARS! You can go as far back to 1983 where the Pryor vs. Arguello controversy started based on a supposed illegal substance given to him by Panama Lewis in Fight number 1.  If any substance is detected in their system then the fighter should be BANNED for an indefinite period of time. JMHO.

12/23/09   |   sbggoldengeneral   |   5 respect

Question: what difference does it make if pacman will take the test after the game? They could have it RIGHT AFTER the game.. drugs like those dont leave your system over night. mayweather's camp is being illogical and senseless. what mayweather's doing is a CLASSIC PSYCH-OUT.. duh?! people will question pacman now that they have doubts in their minds. i agree with the author, mayweather is trying to win the people by actually pressuring pacman.
 
manny and his camp should sue mayweather by accusing him of taking the drugs. PEOPLE, manny has NEVER failed any drug test all through out his career as a boxer!
 
if manny is guilty of something, that is his love and dedication to boxing.. he may be guilty of partying, and gambling and other things but not taking that damn drugs!

12/23/09   |   rtuzruzrus   |   2 respect

He doesn't have to comply but there is something called CREDIBILITY in sports
A CLEAN athlete would not hesitate to come out CLEAN ..i.e,  a blood drug test

12/23/09   |   aos035   |   68 respect

Beautiful article. This reminds me of last year when Utah went undefeated and claimed the National Title and then when Texas offers them a game the next year they back out on them.