My dream Mets 2014 Position Players and Lineup. (No Pitcher)
1. Eric Young Jr. LF Although he isn't the greatest leadoff hitter EY can definitely steal some bags when he gets on base, swiping 38 bags in just 91 games with the Amazins.
2. Curtis Granderson. CF The former Yankee and Tiger has some serious pop which the Mets need, as well as great speed having led the Majors in triples twice which favors him playing in a park like Citi Field. A 3-year around 50 Million deal would be a fair amount due to his age and recent problems hitting for average.
3. David Wright. 3B Can't argue that much here, if David was on a real strong team like the Red Sox or Yankees he would fit right into the 5 slot where his best years came from. But there really isn't a number 3 hitter in this market thats young enough to carry that load. Maybe Beltran but I doubt he wants to wait that long for them to compete which I believe they'll be another year or two off.
4. Mike Napoli. 1B The Former Texas and Boston slugger would fit in perfectly to this team and lineup having experience in the playoffs and providing another much needed bat with protection and pop. Hopefully around a 3-4 year deal around 45-55 Million would be good.
5. Daniel Murphy. 2B If the Mets really want to have a strong lineup and dont want to trade away top prospects they can actually keep murphy. Murphy is good in the 5 slot because he's such a hot and cold hitter. He led the team in RBI's and stole a solid 23 bags. He adds depth and the Mets need that.
6. Stephen Drew. SS No I don't want that cheater in Jhonny Peralta. I want a champion and thats what we get with Stephen Drew. In terms of hitting he can pretty much do it all with 8 triples 29 doubles and 13 home runs I think he would fill in nicely at short to round out the infield.
7. Travis d'Arnaud. C Ahhhh Mr. Potential and unfortunately Mr. Injury Prone. There is no doubting his talent and if he can stay healthy Travis can see some really nice pitches batting in the seventh hole to help develop him along.
8. Juan Lagares. RF Gold Glove winner is the first thing that really pops into my head when I say his name. He might not have the greatest talent when it comes to hitting but he did show some signs of improvement. I think he really deserves a shot to prove himself hitting wise and that would be a prayer answered by the baseball gods. But then again we are talking about the Mets so we will see.