LeBron carries Cavs again It took two overtimes, but the Cavs got by the Bobcats 113-106. Not surprisingly, they can thank LeBron James for the W. James scored eight points in the second OT, two more than all of Charlotte. LeBron hit a 30 footer to give the Cavs a 103-102 lead. That spured on six more unanswered points from Cleveland, putting the game away against the spent Bobcats.
Nuggets beat Magic Orlando's hot start is the thing of the past. With this 113-103 loss at Denver, the Magic are now 7-11 after their 16-4 start. It was close game for three quarters, but Denver broke it up by winning the fourth 29-17, led by 14 points from Anthony Carter of all people. Carter finished with 21 points, which ties a career high.
More Knicks problems Zach Randolph and Eddy Curry don't work together in the lineup because neither can defend. This was shown by Chris Bosh completely torching them in a 99-90 Raptors victory. Isiah responded by benching Randolph for the final 31 minutes of the game. Needless to say, Randolph wasn't happy. The Knicks lost their ninth in ten games as "Fire Isiah" chants echoed through the Garden.
- LeBron James, Cle: 31 pts, 10-20 FG, 19 rebs, 8 ast, 4 stl, 3 blk...Since the New Year, LeBron has really been playing at an MVP level.
- Chris Bosh, Tor: 40 pts, 11 rebs, 3 ast, 2 stl...The Knicks and interior defense do not go together.
- Samuel Dalembert, Phi: 21 pts, 8-12 FG, 20 rebs, 2 blks...The Sixers lost to the Bulls, but that's still an impressive game.
- Isiah shoots down Randolph rumors - Congrats on winning the Deadspin SHOTY for 2007, Isiah, even though I voted for Kige.
- Hawks-Heat replay ordered - We can debate if this is fair or just bizzare, but one thing's for sure. Stern is the only commish with the stones to do this.
- McGrady to Chicago? - I'm not sure if this would help the Bulls, but then again I don't see the trade actually happening either.