NCAA Football Week 12 Early Live Thread

It Might Not Matter, But College Football's Biggest Rivalry Is Renewed Today [NCAA Football Early Live Thread]

11/21/09 in NCAAF   |   Pat   |   5233 respect

Today's biggest game doesn't have National Championship implications. In fact, the only possible implications are Michigan's bowl future. Even if they somehow win, they'll get put in a no-name bowl somewhere, and they'll probably get destroyed. But regardless, it's Ohio State vs Michigan today, and that's always a big game. Here's the schedule:


12:00
Minnesota vs #13 Iowa [ESPN]
North Carolina vs Boston College [ESPN2]
#10 Ohio State vs Michigan [ABC]
Duke vs #20 Miami [ESPNU]

12:21
Chattanooga vs #2 Alabama

12:30
Florida International vs #1 Florida

1:00
Memphis vs #24 Houston

2:00
#4 TCU vs Wyoming

2:30
Connecticut vs Notre Dame [NBC]

3:30
#16 Wisconsin vs Northwestern
#14 Penn State vs Michigan State [ABC]
Virginia vs #23 Clemson [ABC]
#8 LSU vs Mississippi [CBS]
Air Force vs #22 BYU
North Carolina State vs #15 Virginia Tech [ESPNU]

4:00
San Diego State vs #21 Utah

5:00
#19 Oregon State vs Washington State


Don't forget to make your picks while you still can, on our NCAA Football Pick 'Em Page. And as always, enjoy the games!
Notify me by email about comments that follow mine. Preview

11/22/09   |   2pacRIP   |   14 respect

wrote:
 Les Miles got caught picking his ass on national television.  Good job, Les.

Lol....What's amazing is that its taken this long to happen. 

11/21/09   |   Eric_   |   7716 respect

kantwistaye wrote:
Unfortunately you might be right.  Only one non-BCS team is guaranteed a bid if they are in the top 12, right?

Correct. If I'm Boise, I'm rooting hard for Oklahoma next week.

11/21/09   |   kantwistaye   |   4215 respect

Eric_ wrote:
Don't assume Iowa/Penn State and OK State won't both get in over Boise, as asinine as that is.

Unfortunately you might be right.  Only one non-BCS team is guaranteed a bid if they are in the top 12, right?

11/21/09   |   guylake   |   321 respect

wrote:
 Les Miles got caught picking his ass on national television.  Good job, Les.

For the win.

11/21/09   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

Pat wrote:
I didn't agree with a lot of Bill Belichick's moves late in that game, but Les Miles took it to an entirely new level. Belichick abused some timeouts, and made a questionable decision, but one that could theoretically be justified. Miles was just a complete idiot.

I agree

11/21/09   |   Pat   |   5233 respect

Joe_L wrote:
I'm thinking maybe Bill Belichick and Les Miles traded notes this week. Sorry Pat it was there I had to take it.

I didn't agree with a lot of Bill Belichick's moves late in that game, but Les Miles took it to an entirely new level. Belichick abused some timeouts, and made a questionable decision, but one that could theoretically be justified. Miles was just a complete idiot.

11/21/09   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

Chief_aka_James wrote:
A year or two ago, I would've called Les Miles a psychotic genius, now - he's just a complete moron.

I'm thinking maybe Bill Belichick and Les Miles traded notes this week. Sorry Pat it was there I had to take it.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

(Edited by Chief_aka_James)

And that's for not having the FG unit ready and waiting during those 15 seconds running down before he called his last timeout.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Joe_L wrote:
UMMMM I don't know.

A year or two ago, I would've called Les Miles a psychotic genius, now - he's just a complete moron.

11/21/09   |   djclemson   |   4 respect

Pat wrote:
Let's not talk about this game today.

11/21/09   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

Chief_aka_James wrote:
WOW. What are you doing?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!???????????????????????!?!!!!!!

UMMMM I don't know.

11/21/09   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

Ole Miss defeats LSU in the final minute of play with a huge defensive and a stupid call and the last second. Why LSU didn't have the field goal unit ready to go I will never know. Good game Ole Miss with the upset over LSU comes down to the last second of play.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Verne is honestly going to have a heart-attack.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

WOW. What are you doing?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!???????????????????????!?!!!!!!

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

How LSU could have all that momentum and just lose it in two horrible, horrible plays is astonishing.

11/21/09   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

And another big stop Ole Miss defense has come up BIG LSU 4&26

11/21/09   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

Defense comes up with a big sack on LSU QB to take them out of field goal range 3&19 for LSU

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

And now the sack all but ruins the comeback.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Joe_L wrote:
WOW LSU recovers the onside kick 1:16 to go

Lafell with that recovery and now a spectacular run after catch. They still have a shot here..

11/21/09   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

WOW LSU recovers the onside kick 1:16 to go

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

LSU/Ole Miss ending up to be a pretty exciting football game..

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

FALL ON THE BALL!

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

What the heck happened in the Penn St./Mich. St. game? I've been watching the ND and UConn game along with the LSU/Ole Miss one, and it's 35-7?? Wow.

11/21/09   |   guylake   |   321 respect

(Edited by guylake)

If you never had a reason to cheer UConn before, you do now.

11/21/09   |   celticfc411   |   51 respect

and Notre Dame goes down again. UConn really should have a better record than they do, but what a win for that program and the Big East.

I do respect Charlie Weis though. He's in a tough situation at a storied program, and takes an awful lot of abuse, yet he keeps going out there and doing his job (maybe not very well, but still). There's a lot of other coaches who would have lashed out by this point

11/21/09   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

Way to go UCONN with the win over ND

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

GAME OVER! Down Goes Irish Again! 33-30 UConn.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Joe_L wrote:
All tied up again going into 2nd OT come on UCONN end this game.

4 yards to go. Go HUSKIES!

11/21/09   |   Eric_   |   7716 respect

kantwistaye wrote:
So who's going to get the 10th BCS spot? 6 power conference champs, 2nd SEC team, TCU, and Boise State are pretty much locks.  Seems like it could be between Iowa and the 2nd place Big East team.

Don't assume Iowa/Penn State and OK State won't both get in over Boise, as asinine as that is.

11/21/09   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

All tied up again going into 2nd OT come on UCONN end this game.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Irish down 27-20 in OT. Weis' career right here if it hasn't already been decided.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

kantwistaye wrote:
So who's going to get the 10th BCS spot? 6 power conference champs, 2nd SEC team, TCU, and Boise State are pretty much locks.  Seems like it could be between Iowa and the 2nd place Big East team.

2nd place Big East team won't be deserving IMO. Neither is Iowa for that matter...Umm, Stanford? Just put the top 8 in a playoff...

11/21/09   |   kantwistaye   |   4215 respect

So who's going to get the 10th BCS spot? 6 power conference champs, 2nd SEC team, TCU, and Boise State are pretty much locks.  Seems like it could be between Iowa and the 2nd place Big East team.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Irish turnover, UConn takes over and the game is tied 17-17. Go Huskies!

11/21/09   |   BigTone2475   |   326 respect

Pat wrote:
SEC refs. The higher ranked team gets the call, period.

That just blew your theory out of the water.

11/21/09   |   luveley   |   1 respect

Scott wrote:
Say's the guy who's team is playing the powerhouse that is Florida International

you got it baby, and we rocked it, 11 point spread, thats what its all about

11/21/09   |   BigTone2475   |   326 respect

Chief_aka_James wrote:
I agree that bad and non calls happen in every game, we all know that to be true. However, I think you're mistaken when saying that people hang on them longer when it's SEC teams and because Florida and Bama are 1 and 2.

It's solely based on the rankings of #1 and #2.

USC could be 1 along with Penn St. at 2, and if those same sort of calls came about, I would think that "we" (fans of college football, media, blogosphere, etc.) would hang onto it just as long as we are/do with Florida/Bama. I definitely don't find it to be an issue with those teams, or even the SEC conference, just that it is the #1 and #2 teams in the country benefiting from the calls that they are.

I will agree with you on that.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

BigTone2475 wrote:
Bad calls or non calls happen in every game. I admit the officiating in the SEC has been horrible this year but it is not rigged and that is the point I am making. When it happens in another conference people complain and say the refs are blind and then it goes away after a day or two, but it seems to me that because it is the SEC an everyone outside the SEC hate them that it just keeps being brought up that's my point.

I agree that bad and non calls happen in every game, we all know that to be true. However, I think you're mistaken when saying that people hang on them longer when it's SEC teams and because Florida and Bama are 1 and 2.

It's solely based on the rankings of #1 and #2.

USC could be 1 along with Penn St. at 2, and if those same sort of calls came about, I would think that "we" (fans of college football, media, blogosphere, etc.) would hang onto it just as long as we are/do with Florida/Bama. I definitely don't find it to be an issue with those teams, or even the SEC conference, just that it is the #1 and #2 teams in the country benefiting from the calls that they are.

11/21/09   |   BigTone2475   |   326 respect

Chief_aka_James wrote:
I think you jumped from point A to point B far too quickly on that one.

I simply said that I think that the multiple calls for Florida and for Alabama this season has been a bit ridiculous, I did not say that because they are #1 and #2 respectively, that they get the calls. I just merely said it seems like they do, and for professional referees, crews that have already been suspended this season for said bad calls mind you, are seemingly in much larger favor than the teams that they've faced.

If you could find these "other games" to where there is one or two teams that have the opportunity to make a BCS game or a NC game, then please, show me or tell me which games and which calls these were. I guarantee you that if a #3 Texas, a #4 TCU, a #5 Cincinnati, even a #6 Boise St. and so on down the list, if similar calls were made like the ones Florida and Bama have gotten this season, they would be talked about just as much. Or do you really think it's a SEC vs. the world kinda media and blogosphere that we'd just ignore everything except when it happens to your team and your conference?

Bad calls or non calls happen in every game. I admit the officiating in the SEC has been horrible this year but it is not rigged and that is the point I am making. When it happens in another conference people complain and say the refs are blind and then it goes away after a day or two, but it seems to me that because it is the SEC an everyone outside the SEC hate them that it just keeps being brought up that's my point.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

BigTone2475 wrote:
No that was me telling Pat to get over it. Do you have proof didn't think so. The only reason people are saying that is because Florida and Bamma are #1and #2, The same bad calls happen in just about every game and conference and it is barely mentioned but because it involves the SEC it means the Games are fixed. Talk about beating a dead horse.

I think you jumped from point A to point B far too quickly on that one.

I simply said that I think that the multiple calls for Florida and for Alabama this season has been a bit ridiculous, I did not say that because they are #1 and #2 respectively, that they get the calls. I just merely said it seems like they do, and for professional referees, crews that have already been suspended this season for said bad calls mind you, are seemingly in much larger favor than the teams that they've faced.

If you could find these "other games" to where there is one or two teams that have the opportunity to make a BCS game or a NC game, then please, show me or tell me which games and which calls these were. I guarantee you that if a #3 Texas, a #4 TCU, a #5 Cincinnati, even a #6 Boise St. and so on down the list, if similar calls were made like the ones Florida and Bama have gotten this season, they would be talked about just as much. Or do you really think it's a SEC vs. the world kinda media and blogosphere that we'd just ignore everything except when it happens to your team and your conference?

11/21/09   |   BigTone2475   |   326 respect

Chief_aka_James wrote:
Was that your attempt of a rebuttal? Because if you watch some SEC games this season, without bias, it's kind of hard to say that the calls for Florida and Alabama are just "coincidental" after awhile.

No that was me telling Pat to get over it. Do you have proof didn't think so. The only reason people are saying that is because Florida and Bamma are #1and #2, The same bad calls happen in just about every game and conference and it is barely mentioned but because it involves the SEC it means the Games are fixed. Talk about beating a dead horse.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

BigTone2475 wrote:
Bla Bla Bla Bla oh did you say something new Pat no I did not think so.

Was that your attempt of a rebuttal? Because if you watch some SEC games this season, without bias, it's kind of hard to say that the calls for Florida and Alabama are just "coincidental" after awhile.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Chief_aka_James wrote:
Jevan Snead is absolutely torching this LSU defense early. Averaging 8.2 yards a play.

And still down 7-6. Crazy first quarter.

11/21/09   |   BigTone2475   |   326 respect

Pat wrote:
SEC refs. The higher ranked team gets the call, period.

Bla Bla Bla Bla oh did you say something new Pat no I did not think so.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Jevan Snead is absolutely torching this LSU defense early. Averaging 8.2 yards a play.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Chief_aka_James wrote:
Now reversed and called an illegal touch because he ran out of bounds on his own. It looked like he was shoved, and being initial call was touchdown, I'm surprised they changed their minds.

And now FG try after the non-TD, is blocked by LSU and returned for a TD of their own. 14 point swing in just 15 seconds.

11/21/09   |   Pat   |   5233 respect

Chief_aka_James wrote:
Now reversed and called an illegal touch because he ran out of bounds on his own. It looked like he was shoved, and being initial call was touchdown, I'm surprised they changed their minds.

SEC refs. The higher ranked team gets the call, period.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Chief_aka_James wrote:
Shay Hodge just made a ridiculous catch in the Ole Miss/LSU game.

Now reversed and called an illegal touch because he ran out of bounds on his own. It looked like he was shoved, and being initial call was touchdown, I'm surprised they changed their minds.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Shay Hodge just made a ridiculous catch in the Ole Miss/LSU game.

11/21/09   |   johnshirey54   |   162 respect

Chief_aka_James wrote:
If Penn State loses this game against Michigan St., is it fair to say that neither Penn nor Iowa deserve an at-large bid, and can just give their spot to an undefeated Boise?

Boise should get it anyway, they have looked better than both Penn State and Iowa the majority of the season. Though there strength of schedule is the big question.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

If Penn State loses this game against Michigan St., is it fair to say that neither Penn nor Iowa deserve an at-large bid, and can just give their spot to an undefeated Boise?

11/21/09   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

14-0 ND over UCONN YEA (sarcasm)

11/21/09   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

mk_donley wrote:
Ohio State goes to the Rose Bowl winning 21-10.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

What the hell? Notre Dame is leading? Come on UConn...

11/21/09   |   mk_donley   |   2554 respect

Ohio State goes to the Rose Bowl winning 21-10.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

badgermann wrote:
Both Iowa and Minn. should not be happy with the way that there offense have played. It's a bad game to watch.. Go badgers!

No, as a Gopher fan, this is the offense that I will learn to love for the next two seasons. I love watching this kind of defensive manhandling on both sides, who needs big plays and any sort of run game whatsoever??

There may or may not have been sarcasm in that above statement.

11/21/09   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

mk_donley wrote:
"Turnover" Tate strikes again! That's 4 INT's thrown by him.

you like that name

11/21/09   |   badgermann   |   30 respect

Both Iowa and Minn. should not be happy with the way that there offense have played. It's a bad game to watch.. Go badgers!

11/21/09   |   mk_donley   |   2554 respect

"Turnover" Tate strikes again! That's 4 INT's thrown by him.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

mk_donley wrote:
Ohio State, INT's pass in the end zone. That's 3 INT's thrown bye Tate Forcier.
(Edited by Chief_aka_James)

Naw, that's 4 INT's.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Chief_aka_James wrote:
First and goal at the 2, turnover on downs. Again, pathetic.

Please, Iowa, just hold on to the ball for the last 6 minutes. I can't watch this offense on the field again.

11/21/09   |   mk_donley   |   2554 respect

Ohio State, INT's pass in the end zone. That's 3 INT's thrown bye Tate Forcier.

11/21/09   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

And "turnover" Tate strike again go figure

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Chief_aka_James wrote:
Make that 125 plays, and a turnover on downs. Pathetic.

First and goal at the 2, turnover on downs. Again, pathetic.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Bob Griese: "There's those rookie mistakes, he just pulls out too soon"

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Chief_aka_James wrote:
Minnesota offense: Have not scored an offensive touchdown in 119 plays.

Make that 125 plays, and a turnover on downs. Pathetic.

11/21/09   |   mk_donley   |   2554 respect

Ohio State strikes back! Leading 21-10 on a TD pass!

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Minnesota offense: Have not scored an offensive touchdown in 119 plays.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Beautiful, beautiful screen play there by OSU. Got roughing the kicker call on Iowa to continue this wonderful Minnesota offense.

11/21/09   |   mk_donley   |   2554 respect

TD pass by Tate. Michigan back in it down 14-10.

11/21/09   |   BigTone2475   |   326 respect

Chief_aka_James wrote:
Umm, you do remember 2006, don't you?
(Edited by BigTone2475)

Yes unfortunately I do. Michigan is the only Big 10 team with a winning record against the Gators and the SEC.

11/21/09   |   BigTone2475   |   326 respect

Scott wrote:
Say's the guy who's team is playing the powerhouse that is Florida International

Bet FIU could beat Michigan. I was only kidding anyway just to get a rise out of someone and it worked.

This game might not have any national implications but it is always important to OSU and Michigan.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

And Gophers go 3 and out again to start the 2nd half...

11/21/09   |   Scott   |   53885 respect

BigTone2475 wrote:
This game has not mattered in over 10 years. which is exactly the way it should be.

Say's the guy who's team is playing the powerhouse that is Florida International

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

BigTone2475 wrote:
This game has not mattered in over 10 years. which is exactly the way it should be.

Umm, you do remember 2006, don't you?

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

kantwistaye wrote:
Well, you should probably be use to this by now.  Eric Decker was the whole Minnesota offense.

And being he wont be a Gopher again, I'll be okay to live under a rock, just like this offense will for the next two years..

11/21/09   |   BigTone2475   |   326 respect

This game has not mattered in over 10 years. which is exactly the way it should be.

11/21/09   |   kantwistaye   |   4215 respect

Chief_aka_James wrote:
What the hell Weber...You're killing me.

Well, you should probably be use to this by now.  Eric Decker was the whole Minnesota offense.

11/21/09   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

29 yard run by Brandon Saine

11/21/09   |   mk_donley   |   2554 respect

What a TD run from Brandon Sain of Ohio State 29 yards!

11/21/09   |   mk_donley   |   2554 respect

46 yrd by Michigan. Ohio St. leads 7-3

11/21/09   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

Well Michigan finally on the board "barely" 7-3 Ohio

11/21/09   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

Chief_aka_James wrote:
What the hell Weber...You're killing me.

Nice INT in the end zone.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

What the hell Weber...You're killing me.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Chief_aka_James wrote:
Weber made a play? This must be 2007.

Knew it was too good to be true.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Tate is making some plays...5 bucks he turns it over this same drive.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Weber made a play? This must be 2007.

11/21/09   |   Pat   |   5233 respect

That was about as bad as you can possibly miss a 24-yard FG. Good job, Michigan.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Pat wrote:
Let's not talk about this game today.

21-0 UNC. That's over Boston College if you didn't know. 21-0. UNC.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Gopher D looking really good right now, how about a drive that goes over 20 yards for the first time in what seems like 3 weeks?

11/21/09   |   Pat   |   5233 respect

Joe_L wrote:
NC defense come up big with a BC turnover 14-0 NC

Let's not talk about this game today.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Joe_L wrote:
Well that should have been 6 for Minnesota

If not 6, just a completion at the 5 or so yard line. Missing Decker yet again.

11/21/09   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

Well that should have been 6 for Minnesota

11/21/09   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

NC get a pick 6 now up 21-0 in BC

11/21/09   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

Chief_aka_James wrote:
To be fair, my unborn niece could probably for see the same thing..

Good one.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Weber makes me wanna throw up on Saturdays.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Pat wrote:
Haha... good call. That comment made you look smart pretty quickly.

To be fair, my unborn niece could probably for see the same thing..

11/21/09   |   blondie45044   |   5873 respect

Go Buckeyes! 7-0

11/21/09   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

Pat wrote:
Haha... good call. That comment made you look smart pretty quickly.

He's never let me down yet. LOL

11/21/09   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

NC defense come up big with a BC turnover 14-0 NC

11/21/09   |   Pat   |   5233 respect

Joe_L wrote:
Something tells me "turnover" Tate is going to have a bad day.

Haha... good call. That comment made you look smart pretty quickly.

11/21/09   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

7-0 Ohio on a Tate F. turnover

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Oh Tate...

11/21/09   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

Joe_L wrote:
Something tells me "turnover" Tate is going to have a bad day.

See

11/21/09   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

NC 7-0 over BC

11/21/09   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

Chief_aka_James wrote:
What's with the Buckeye's uni's today? They should go throwback more often, looks good.

They do they need to wear those more.

11/21/09   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

Iowa drives down to the 22 yard line and only comes out with 3. 3-0 Iowa

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

What's with the Buckeye's uni's today? They should go throwback more often, looks good.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Chief_aka_James wrote:
Robinson for an early 30 yard rush...I see this happening about 15 times today against the Gophers.

And Nate Triplett out (Minnesota's best defensive man), it's almost a guarantee.

11/21/09   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

Something tells me "turnover" Tate is going to have a bad day.

11/21/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Robinson for an early 30 yard rush...I see this happening about 15 times today against the Gophers.