Alabama gets its revenge, crazy finish in Tempe [Week 3 CFB Recap]
(1) Alabama 49, (6) Texas A&M 42 What a game. Trying to summarize it all would be difficult, but our man MortonsLaw did so here. The simple truth is Manziel was fantastic most of the game, shredding the Alabama defense for 562 yards. However, he made two very costly mistakes: the interception in the Alabama end zone (ending the drive that had this play) and the pick six (helped by a fantastic return by Vinnie Sunseri). Those mistakes were enough to cost the Aggies the game. AJ McCarron was brilliant as well: 20/29, 334 yards, 4 TDs. Most importantly, no picks. No mistakes. That was the difference.
Arizona State 32, (20) Wisconsin 30 This is how the game ended. It's bizarre to say the least
(2) Oregon 59, Tennessee 14 431 yards of offense in the first half, 59 straight points scored, and 456 passing yards for Marcus Mariota? OK then.
(4) Ohio State 52, California 34 No Braxton Miller? No problem. Backup Kenny Guiton went 21/32 for 276 yards and 4 touchdowns.
(13) South Carolina 35, Vanderbilt 25 South Carolina raced out to a 28-0 lead with 10 minutes left in the second quarter. Jadeveon Clowney forced a fumble in the third.
(19) Washington 34, Illinois 24 This was the first road win outside of the Pac-12 for the Huskies since 2007, presuming that playing the game at Soldier Field instead of the Illinois stadium still counts as a road win, which it probably should.
(21) Notre Dame 31, Purdue 24 The Irish trailed 17-10 going into the fourth quarter. Then they scored three touchdowns in a 3:29 span, the last a pick-six. Ballgame.
(25) Ole Miss 44, Texas 23 Rearranging the desk chairs on defense did not help for Texas. Shocking, I know.
The Rest of the Top 25
(8) LSU 45, Kent State 13
(10) Florida State 62, Nevada 7 (Jameis Winston: 15/18, 214 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 1 rushing TD)
(12) Oklahoma State 59, Lamar 3
(17) Northwestern 38, Western Michigan 17
Other Games of Note
USC 35, Boston College 7
Buffalo 26, Stony Brook 23 (F/5OT) It was 10-10 after regulation.
Iowa 27, Iowa State 21
UCF 34, Penn State 31
Auburn 24, Mississippi State 20 (Auburn scored the winning touchdown with 10 seconds left)
Oregon State 51, Utah 48 (F/OT)