NFL Playoffs LIve Thread: Cowboys At Vikings, Jets At Chargers
NFL

Who Will Snap First? Favre Or The Cowboys? [NFL Playoffs Live Thread]

1/17/10 in NFL   |   Pat   |   5224 respect

The Cowboys and Vikings square off in the early game today, and it should be an interesting battle of two very good, but mistake-prone quarterbacks. I have a feeling that this game will be won by the team who makes the fewest mistakes. I know it sounds like a cliche, but these are teams marked by mistakes, and they should play a huge role in this one, either way.

55% picked the Cowboys to win, despite the game being in Minnesota, and the Vikings being one of the best teams in football throughout the season. The game starts at 1:00 pm EST, and you can watch it on FOX.

The next game is the Jets and Chargers. 79% picked the Chargers to win, and they've been the best team in football lately, winning 11 straight to finish the season. The Jets, on the other hand, barely made the playoffs, and it was partially due to the Colts' tank job against them in Week 16.

If you're watching the games, chat it up here all day. As always, enjoy the games!
Notify me by email about comments that follow mine. Preview

1/19/10   |   ckillorin

wrote:
Argue, debate.  Whatever you call it, it's enjoyable to me and many others.  You would even try faulting me for that? There are many members of the media who make a very good living doing nothing but debating sports, politics, fashion, interior design...hopefuly you get the point.  You attempt to associate me with those "troll" people in the stands who got into fights and got carried off by security.  However, you have no basis for that argument because you have no idea how I act at a sporting event.  Even if you have experienced sporting events all over the globe, unless you've witnessed me personally acting in such a manner, then that perspective isn't relevant.  You try to twist my stance into one that supports fighting in the stands and riots on the field, but that's not even close! 

There are many bitter rivalries between teams and fans that get heated and emotional.  But c'mon, words are just words.  There is nothing that a fan from any team could say to me about my team that would provoke me into violence.  I think most realistic fans expect to hear plenty of smack talk and taunting from rival fans leading up to a game and following a devastating loss.  If you don't like that aspect of sports, that's cool.  But don't pretend you are in a position to judge me just because my philosophy differs from yours.  I have pretty thick skin.  I don't take anything personally, but the self-righteous crap really gets me going.  Delusional...lol you're the one who believes in trolls.    

i love this site!!!!!!!!! and we debate another........my x is a TROLL!!!!! lol

1/19/10   |     |   82 respect

wrote:
Interesting....you "love to argue"....no one could have deduced that from your posts....

The bottom line is, "HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS" of sports fans are not trolls.  Cheering, celebrating your team, having fun and being a fan is a great part of sports.  When an individual likes to create adversity for others, try to demean them by bashing the team they cheer for, or otherwise try to associate such individuals with with the failures of their teams is being a troll.  In my opinion, such is pathetic.  What is sad is that you should try to make it out to be the norm for such adverse behavior.  Quite the contrary.  Based upon my experience, it is the exception rather than the majority of the assembled individuals that conduct themselves in such a manner--as it is the very dedicated and vocal minority of a teams internet forums that conduct themselves in such a way.  Will people defend themselves in such forums--absolutely.  But it is only the trolls that "love to argue" at the expense of others.

Granted, I can only speak for my personal experiences which include watching professional sporting events in Denver, Seattle, Los Angeles, Anaheim, and even Philadelphia.  In addition, I've seen professional games in Scotland, England, and Germany as well.  Thus, I am not without the personal experience to form a legitimate perspective either.  In the vast majority of instances, the games I witnessed were a great deal of fun; in a way such encompassed an aire of celebration.

Of course, there were individuals that made arses out of themselves, and even started fights--but such individuals were also boo'd, and the security cheered when they removed such individuals.  So, you're stance that the majority of people associate adversity, and being an arse is a part of sports is delusional.

Argue, debate.  Whatever you call it, it's enjoyable to me and many others.  You would even try faulting me for that? There are many members of the media who make a very good living doing nothing but debating sports, politics, fashion, interior design...hopefuly you get the point.  You attempt to associate me with those "troll" people in the stands who got into fights and got carried off by security.  However, you have no basis for that argument because you have no idea how I act at a sporting event.  Even if you have experienced sporting events all over the globe, unless you've witnessed me personally acting in such a manner, then that perspective isn't relevant.  You try to twist my stance into one that supports fighting in the stands and riots on the field, but that's not even close! 

There are many bitter rivalries between teams and fans that get heated and emotional.  But c'mon, words are just words.  There is nothing that a fan from any team could say to me about my team that would provoke me into violence.  I think most realistic fans expect to hear plenty of smack talk and taunting from rival fans leading up to a game and following a devastating loss.  If you don't like that aspect of sports, that's cool.  But don't pretend you are in a position to judge me just because my philosophy differs from yours.  I have pretty thick skin.  I don't take anything personally, but the self-righteous crap really gets me going.  Delusional...lol you're the one who believes in trolls.    

1/18/10   |   ckillorin

wrote:
Nah- Don't worry.  My nerves are just fine.  I love to argue, especially when it comes to sports.  I allude back to the fact that one cannot make accurate perceptions of others based on a few sports takes and smack talking on an online sports blog.  People present and misrepresent themselves in a number of ways online.  Since you have no idea what actions I take in my personal life, then more times than not, you will wind up basing your opinions on total misperceptions.  Go ahead and label me and other fans pathetic trolls if that makes you feel superior.  Believe me, I've been called much worse by people I cared about a whole hell of a lot more than you.  So, it doesn't bother me too much, but don't expect me to sit idely by while you do it.  That's what gets on my nerves.  Self-serving judgmentalism and elitism.  You may not mean to come off that way, but that's my perception of your posts.   

like politics and religion?????????? daddy said that's a NO NO!

1/18/10   |     |   9491 respect

Interesting....you "love to argue"....no one could have deduced that from your posts....

The bottom line is, "HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS" of sports fans are not trolls.  Cheering, celebrating your team, having fun and being a fan is a great part of sports.  When an individual likes to create adversity for others, try to demean them by bashing the team they cheer for, or otherwise try to associate such individuals with with the failures of their teams is being a troll.  In my opinion, such is pathetic.  What is sad is that you should try to make it out to be the norm for such adverse behavior.  Quite the contrary.  Based upon my experience, it is the exception rather than the majority of the assembled individuals that conduct themselves in such a manner--as it is the very dedicated and vocal minority of a teams internet forums that conduct themselves in such a way.  Will people defend themselves in such forums--absolutely.  But it is only the trolls that "love to argue" at the expense of others.

Granted, I can only speak for my personal experiences which include watching professional sporting events in Denver, Seattle, Los Angeles, Anaheim, and even Philadelphia.  In addition, I've seen professional games in Scotland, England, and Germany as well.  Thus, I am not without the personal experience to form a legitimate perspective either.  In the vast majority of instances, the games I witnessed were a great deal of fun; in a way such encompassed an aire of celebration.

Of course, there were individuals that made arses out of themselves, and even started fights--but such individuals were also boo'd, and the security cheered when they removed such individuals.  So, you're stance that the majority of people associate adversity, and being an arse is a part of sports is delusional.

1/18/10   |     |   82 respect

wrote:
LOL.....wow......did I hit a nerve?  As I alluded to earlier, people are perceived by their actions and how they present themselves.
(Edited by )

Nah- Don't worry.  My nerves are just fine.  I love to argue, especially when it comes to sports.  I allude back to the fact that one cannot make accurate perceptions of others based on a few sports takes and smack talking on an online sports blog.  People present and misrepresent themselves in a number of ways online.  Since you have no idea what actions I take in my personal life, then more times than not, you will wind up basing your opinions on total misperceptions.  Go ahead and label me and other fans pathetic trolls if that makes you feel superior.  Believe me, I've been called much worse by people I cared about a whole hell of a lot more than you.  So, it doesn't bother me too much, but don't expect me to sit idely by while you do it.  That's what gets on my nerves.  Self-serving judgmentalism and elitism.  You may not mean to come off that way, but that's my perception of your posts.   

1/18/10   |     |   9491 respect

wrote:
Oh well excuse me, but I don't see any problem here.  I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but sports would not exist today without the HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of "loud mouth" fans who live and die with their favorite teams.  Belittle us (assuming you are insinuating that I am amongst the trolls) if you want to think yourself above such "pathetic" activities.  I think you are reading WAY too much into my statements if you think that mutual respect goes out the window IN REAL LIFE!!  BUT THIS IS SPORTS-  I give respect to people who have earned my respect in my own personal life.  And I don't demand respect from anyone.

But in the sports world, just because you are a fan of a certain team doesn't mean that you get respect from anyone, and many times you have man up and take crap from fans of other teams.  Know why?  Because the fans are not the ones making playes on the field!!!  I give every player respect for putting it on the line every weekend, but that doesn't translate to their fans, NOR SHOULD IT.  Keep believing your own BS.  You are waste of a really nice beard if you think you know who I am just because you read a few posts.  You may fancy yourself the ultimate voice of reason and respect, but not even a "loud mouth", "pathetic", "can't live without adversity" troll like me doesn't buy into people's online personas.  You are beyond naive if you believe that you can tell who or what anyone is like because of a few posts expressing views on sports on here.  

LOL.....wow......did I hit a nerve?  As I alluded to earlier, people are perceived by their actions and how they present themselves.

1/18/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

wrote:
I don't care if they "point and laugh", but don't say stuff like YOUR team had anything at all to do with it!  This whole "Dallas Sucks" thing is getting very old coming from Eagles and Giants fans- considering that their team wasn't even good enough to be in the Cowboys position.... So if the "Cowboys Suck"- then where does your favorite team actually stand in the "World of Suckiness"?  LOL         I just got crap from a Raiders fan this morning at work- how friggin ignorant is that? A RAIDERS FAN! LOL    You have got to be kidding me right? 

 You probably got crap from that Raiders fan because you taunted him all year about how the Cowboys were so much better than his Raiders, but guess what, you both wind up with the same result now, no championship.  There are more important things to worry about in life besides what other fans think of your team when they get knocked out of the playoffs.

1/18/10   |   Joe_L   |   12371 respect

Well you already know, so I don't have to say it.

1/18/10   |  

We might have 27 to 20 if the O-line did their job. Romo is one man thats why they call it a team. Romo got the monkey off his back but his offense line let him down. I see them building for a great team like the 91 cowboys next yr.it was a few years before they won Superbowls too.  Look at Dan Marino.He has broke all records ,but never won a Superbowl. We will be back.

1/18/10   |     |   82 respect

wrote:
I'm not saying a person "can't" do anything.  What I am saying is that the manner upon which an individual presents themselves--regarding any specific situation reflects upon who they are as an individual.  Don't make yourself feel better by saying 99% of individuals--the percentages are far less in my experience (depending upon the demographics); it's usually the few loud-mouth, can't live life without adversity, people that demand respect and give none except to those who agree with them that cause the problems--those are the trolls.  Like I said, pathetic.

"[regarding an existence where people conduct themselves with respect for others, you said].......it will never be that way in this world, nor should it be".  People can exercise the practice of extending respect to other good people with the goal of establishing mutual respect despite their differences.  The fact that you don't think it will ever happen is sad--the fact that you don't want it ("nor should it be") is pathetic.

Oh well excuse me, but I don't see any problem here.  I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but sports would not exist today without the HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of "loud mouth" fans who live and die with their favorite teams.  Belittle us (assuming you are insinuating that I am amongst the trolls) if you want to think yourself above such "pathetic" activities.  I think you are reading WAY too much into my statements if you think that mutual respect goes out the window IN REAL LIFE!!  BUT THIS IS SPORTS-  I give respect to people who have earned my respect in my own personal life.  And I don't demand respect from anyone.

But in the sports world, just because you are a fan of a certain team doesn't mean that you get respect from anyone, and many times you have man up and take crap from fans of other teams.  Know why?  Because the fans are not the ones making playes on the field!!!  I give every player respect for putting it on the line every weekend, but that doesn't translate to their fans, NOR SHOULD IT.  Keep believing your own BS.  You are waste of a really nice beard if you think you know who I am just because you read a few posts.  You may fancy yourself the ultimate voice of reason and respect, but not even a "loud mouth", "pathetic", "can't live without adversity" troll like me doesn't buy into people's online personas.  You are beyond naive if you believe that you can tell who or what anyone is like because of a few posts expressing views on sports on here.  

1/18/10   |     |   9491 respect

(Edited by )

I'm not saying a person "can't" do anything.  What I am saying is that the manner upon which an individual presents themselves--regarding any specific situation reflects upon who they are as an individual.  Don't make yourself feel better by saying 99% of individuals--the percentages are far less in my experience (depending upon the demographics); it's usually the few loud-mouth, can't live life without adversity, people that demand respect and give none except to those who agree with them that cause the problems--those are the trolls.  Like I said, pathetic.

"[regarding an existence where people conduct themselves with respect for others, you said].......it will never be that way in this world, nor should it be".  People can exercise the practice of extending respect to other good people with the goal of establishing mutual respect despite their differences.  The fact that you don't think it will ever happen is sad--the fact that you don't want it ("nor should it be") is pathetic.

1/18/10   |     |   82 respect

I see the difference, and I think your sports gloating ethics are second to none!! lol... and your hypothetical situation (getting beaten up so you get your big brother to beat them up) is not even close to applicable.  You seem to be confusing real life with sports.  In real life you would have control over your actions.  In sports, you have no control over what the teams do on the field, so when your team wins- you have the right to talk smack.  When they lose, no matter what team beats them- guess what!?!? PREPARE TO HEAR ABOUT IT.  You are no doubt old enough to grasp that concept. The best thing about it when someone gloats who your team already beat, then you can fire back at them with, "well at least we beat your team's ass."  But to start whining about how Eagles fans are happy that the Cowboys lost just makes you seem insecure and petty.   Who cares if Eagles fans are talking smack!?!!? THE COWBOYS BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THEM TWO WEEKS IN A ROW!!  Just admit it.  You were butt-hurt that the Cowboys lost and you didn't have anyone else to focus your anger at. 

1/18/10   |     |   82 respect

(Edited by )

Vindog on Dallas vs Eagles Gamepage 1/09/10-  (this one's apparently at half time)

  • LOL!  Hey at least the Eagles actually scored in the 1st half this week!  27-7 DALLAS at halftime..... Hey where did the s$%t talking Eagles fans go?  hahahahahhahhaha

And after the game here's Vin again, again, and again:
  • No dnj-0807, no Drakesrake, no Eagles fans to be found! LOL   In the immortal words of Hannibal Lecter: "  Fly, fly, fly, Clarice, fly, fly, fly"  LOL

    • Who is dominating who now?  Here is a FACT for you: The Cowboys have just KNOCKED the Eagles out of the playoffs and beat them 3 times in one season....Oh, and BTW, Andy Reid just lost a 1st game in the playoffs.... NEXT?
     
  • How did all of those PAST stats and facts work out for you? LOL      Get a comfortable seat for next week and watch the Cowboys represent for the NFC East in Minnesota!

So that's what you call not rubbing it in? lol... Once again that's fine with me- your team earned you the right to talk all that smack.  But if you want to dish it out- you'd better be ready to take it when your team goes down!!! 

1/18/10   |     |   82 respect

(Edited by )

I never said anything like, "Cowboys Suck" after the Minnesota game.  I would never say anything that generic.  I have to strongly disagree that you didn't rub it in thoroughly after both Eagles losses.   I know that to be a false statement.  But that's cool.  I expected it, and I even said that you have the right to gloat all you want.  It's the way it is. 

NorseHeathen- So what's your point? Once your team is eliminated from play, you don't get the right to choose which team you want to win and enjoy the game- ESPECIALLY when it's a rival team playing?  Sorry.  Not the way it works for 99% of sports fans.   Anyone who gloats after a victory or defeat is a "troll"?  Go back to fairytail land if think that's the way it should be, because it will never be that way in this world, nor should it be.   

1/18/10   |  

wrote:
Congrats all around to the Vikings and their TRUE fans... They just handed my team a solid ass-whooping and deserve all the accolades that they can get!

Thanks from the fans here in Minnesota! Saint Paul! Go Vikes!!

1/18/10   |  

GO VIKES!!

1/18/10   |  

wrote:
Congrats all around to the Vikings and their TRUE fans... They just handed my team a solid ass-whooping and deserve all the accolades that they can get!

Thanks from Minnesota here!!

1/18/10   |     |   9491 respect

wrote:
I don't care if they "point and laugh", but don't say stuff like YOUR team had anything at all to do with it!  This whole "Dallas Sucks" thing is getting very old coming from Eagles and Giants fans- considering that their team wasn't even good enough to be in the Cowboys position.... So if the "Cowboys Suck"- then where does your favorite team actually stand in the "World of Suckiness"?  LOL         I just got crap from a Raiders fan this morning at work- how friggin ignorant is that? A RAIDERS FAN! LOL    You have got to be kidding me right? 

I definitely have to agree with you.  Every team is going to have it's trolls, but the game as been played, the result concluded, and it's time to move forth.  Taunting after the fact, by any opposing fan, but especially by fans who's teams are not even involved in the game is IMNSHO pathetic.

As for you Cowboy fans, you team didn't meet late season desires, but did exceed every expectation from the beginning of the year from the vast majority of the "experts".  I know the loss yesterday was a sour loss (as a Vikings fan, I remembered our NFC Championship game against the Giants when we were shut-out and lost by more than 40), but you can definitely celebrate a great season, and look forward to a strong foundation upon which to build for this fall.

1/18/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

wrote:
True, but you will NEVER see me "rubbing it in" to fan of one of those teams AFTER my team just got their azzes handed to them by that team! That in my opinion is childish and ignorant! That would be like me saying Ha, Ha the Eagles suck after they lost a playoff game- even though they knocked my Cowboys out of the playoffs- it's just stupid- because how could they "suck" if my team couldn't beat them? What does that truly say about my team? I don't care if Vikings fans talk s%^t about the win- their team earned that right, but to listen to fans of other teams who WEREN'T GOOD ENOUGH to even be in the position of the Cowboys or even make the playoffs (or who got their azzes beat by the Cowboys in the playoffs) is just ridiculous in my opinion.....

 To each their own, I'm just saying you should expect your rivals' fans to point and laugh when your team loses.

1/18/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

wrote:

Well to me- whether you call it ignorance or bad sportsmanship- it's all the same!  Hypothetically it's like getting your azz beat in a fair fight in High School- then after losing- getting your Big Brother to beat the kid up who beat you up. Then after that, taking some kind of misguided satisfaction in the fact that your big brother could beat the crap out of a kid that you could NOT! Then talking s%^t to the same kid about it like YOU had something to do with it- LOL!   That, in my opinion is ignorance!  Anyway- our season is over courtesy of the Minnesota Vikings- and NO OTHER TEAM!  There is always next season though........

Aww come on, Vin.  We're always happy when an arch rival of our team loses.  I know it makes you happy when the G-men, Eagles, and Skins lose, no matter who plays them.  It's in our blood to enjoy watching rivals of our own team get their asses handed to them.

1/18/10   |     |   82 respect

wrote:
Nope, I just find it amazing that the Vikings fans aren't rubbing in the win- yet you classless Eagles fans are! Fans of a team who CAN'T beat the Cowboys talk more s%^t than fans of a team who did! It just shows your ignorance....

Okay, I don't know about ignorance, but I'll give you that it's bad sportsmanship.  But when your hated rival gets beaten, you've gotta expect fans of the rival team to give you the business.  Even thought the Cowboys beat the crap out of the Eagles in 2 of 3 games this year.  I did not say anything until your comments about "all you Eagles fans" being bandwagon Vikings fans provoked me.  It doesn't matter much to me, but you know I'm not going to stand by and say nothing. The Eagles and the Cowboys both had pretty good seasons.  Congrats- 

1/18/10   |  

Minnesota  Indianapolis  in the Super Bowl!

1/18/10   |  

Minnesota @ New Orleans NFC Championship    NY Jets @ Indianapolis  AFC Championship

1/18/10   |     |   130 respect

What a bummer! Chargers lose to the Jets??

Not diminishing their victory, because the Chargers were
flat out,  outcoached today!  Rex Ryan had a game plan.. I think
the Chargers plan was terrible! Nate missed 3 field goals??
It just wasn't the Chargers day. All I can say is I'm bummed 

1/18/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

 The Chargers lost, but for the second week in a row, they saved the most competitive game for last.

1/17/10   |   JenX63   |   32365 respect

ARRRGGGGHHHH, can't even type what I am thinking......

1/17/10   |  

Go bolts, i mean dolts, one and done, who would have ever guessed ?  Way to go Norm,  the only way that jerk-off is ever going to a superbowl is if he buys tickets................

1/17/10   |   Aceraison   |   183 respect

Maybe the Jets are actually pretty good...?  They get another team that has been known to choke in the playoffs next week...

1/17/10   |     |   3 respect

And well, I hate to say it again, "The San Diego Chargers have just lost yet another playoff game."

I literally just said that downstairs in front of my TV, except it involved more swearing and not so elegant conjunctions.

Oh well, there's always next year, although I did say that last year...

1/17/10   |   Aceraison   |   183 respect

Hey Chargers!  We'll trade you Shank Graham for Nate Kaeding straight up!

1/17/10   |     |   881 respect

 game. blouses.

and yet another charger choke in the playoffs

1/17/10   |   Joe_L   |   12371 respect

(Edited by Joe_L)

That's all folks. Jets win on the road, didn't think I would say that today.

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

 Jets are headed to the AFC Championship, Chargers choke AGAIN.  That team is never going to win a Super Bowl.

1/17/10   |     |   881 respect

Pat wrote:
If the Jets pass the ball at again in this game, they're retarded.

 he could have fumbled a snap or spontaniously combusted or something. you never know with him.

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

This is the ballgame here if they are indeed going for it.

1/17/10   |     |   881 respect

 heres the game folks....

1/17/10   |     |   881 respect

 field goal or first down?

1/17/10   |   Pat   |   5224 respect

wrote:
 wow! that was close. time for sanchez to implode

If the Jets pass the ball at again in this game, they're retarded.

1/17/10   |     |   881 respect

 wow! that was close. time for sanchez to implode

1/17/10   |     |   881 respect

 how was that jackson catch not a td?!? anyway chargers within 3. onside kick or hope for a likely sanchez int?

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

 We got a ballgame!

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

It's not over yet, whoa!

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

Vincent Jackson is an idiot for kicking the flag.

1/17/10   |     |   881 respect

 vince jackson is a dumbass! really???

1/17/10   |   Pat   |   5224 respect

That's the first time Kaeding has ever missed 3 kicks in a game. Wow.

1/17/10   |   Joe_L   |   12371 respect

I think that missed field goal was the game right there.

1/17/10   |     |   881 respect

 nate kaeding sucks

1/17/10   |     |   881 respect

 antonio gates just caught the edwards disease

1/17/10   |   Joe_L   |   12371 respect

And just that quick its a 17-7 game Jets lead growing. Glad to see there is actually a good game this weekend.

1/17/10   |     |   881 respect

 so i think the chargers lost this game more than the jets won it. san diego looks horrible

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

 Rut roh, I think that may have just sent the Jets to Indy.

1/17/10   |     |   881 respect

 the new csi ny is about lingerie football! awesome!!!

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

 Chargers are starting to fall apart.

1/17/10   |   Joe_L   |   12371 respect

Jets take the lead for the first time today. 10-7

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

Jets take the lead.

1/17/10   |   Onegoodredhead2   |   9961 respect

kramer wrote:
Favre wins when it counts?  Let's see if he does that this year, because he did today, but since the Packers won SB 31, he has NOT won when it counts.  Now as I said, let's watch the second game.

yes doesnt really matter favre has my respect,,for his accomplishments..period...but im a manning girl.. through and through so hope peyton tkes the colts all the way

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

 Congrats to those kids!

1/17/10   |   Joe_L   |   12371 respect

Rivers picked off again killing my fantasy challenges.

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

 Rivers picked off again.

1/17/10   |   Joe_L   |   12371 respect

(Edited by Joe_L)

WOW it is a INT at first I thought the zebras lost the minds.

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

 Revis makes the pick.

1/17/10   |   Joe_L   |   12371 respect

Sanchez is intercepted.

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

 VERY bad decision, Mr Sanchez.

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

 Jets are on the board.

1/17/10   |     |   82 respect

wrote:
I have the utmost respect for the Vikings and their REAL FANS! PERIOD!  As far as all of these fake azz- wanna-be Vikings fans (That would be all of those Eagles Fans- since they seem to be the ones talking the MOST crap)- I've got nothing for them -as they DESERVE nothing!
(Edited by )

I'm not surprised you aren't giving us anything, alhough we wouldn't dream of asking for anything from you. To quote you- "Nobody deserves ANYTHING!"..lol  I'm glad you aren't the one who's serving lunch at the soup kitchen. Sorry, but I just couldn't pass up the chance to quote such classic words of wisdom.  

Anyway, just because Eagles fans are happy that the Cowboys got boat-raced by 31 points doesn't make us bandwagon Vikings fans.  I don't like Favre either, but I must say he made me proud by beating the crap out of the Cowboys tonight.  Do us a favor, since your obviously looking for someone or something to take your frustration out on- do something productive with all that anger, burn one of your Tony Romo jerseys. 

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

Defense reigns supreme at the half.

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

 Look at the little man go!

1/17/10   |   elevenbravo138again   |   1163 respect

wrote:
Congrats all around to the Vikings and their TRUE fans... They just handed my team a solid ass-whooping and deserve all the accolades that they can get!

The Cowboys needed balance to stay in that game I said the first team to 30 passes would lose that game.  Now can the Saints stay committed to the run?  If so they have a chance.

1/17/10   |     |   82 respect

wrote:
Why don't you ask Big Ben that SAME QUESTION?  Oh that's right, he's been vacationing in Cabo for the past two weeks while the Cowboys and Tony Romo were STILL playing football. Why don'y you stick to your own bandwagon and get off the Vikings?

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO VIKINGS!!!!  Nobody wants anything from you including Vikings fans Vin.  Why don't you quit picking on her and stick to what you do best- hating Eagles fans!  Can't help but notice how upset you are that Eagles fans (among others) are happy that the Cowboys lost- Are you really that insecure? 

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

Joe_L wrote:
WOW Braylon Edwards figured out that he suppose to catch the ball.

 Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

1/17/10   |   Joe_L   |   12371 respect

WOW Braylon Edwards figured out that he suppose to catch the ball.

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

Forget I just said that.

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

 Sanchez gets sacked, that could kill this drive real fast.

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

 That was an incompletion????

1/17/10   |   Joe_L   |   12371 respect

Incomplete pass really?

1/17/10   |   Joe_L   |   12371 respect

Rivers to Wilson TD 7-0 Chargers.

1/17/10   |   Joe_L   |   12371 respect

kramer wrote:
Who were the Jets trying to fool with that play?

Look to me like the only person confused on the play was Sanchez.

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

Who were the Jets trying to fool with that play?

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

Onegoodredhead2 wrote:
he still wins when it counts though doesnt he? all qbs are jeckly and hydes is part of being a QB,,ou are only as good as the pople you have to play with

Favre wins when it counts?  Let's see if he does that this year, because he did today, but since the Packers won SB 31, he has NOT won when it counts.  Now as I said, let's watch the second game.

1/17/10   |   Onegoodredhead2   |   9961 respect

kramer wrote:
Those fans sure aren't fans of other teams, because I hear more about how he's a bit overrated as opposed to "he's getting better."  Seriously, let it go, cause Eli has absolutely nothing to do with today's games.

fans say that the critics arent saying that....go read the article on eli manning under the giants nfl team..there are many good articles written by many different critics...but yes you re right there is a gme to watch

1/17/10   |   maddhatter6691   |   7918 respect

wrote:
The Cowboys just got there a$$ handed to them!  What a great game.

I couldn't have put it any better Gina

1/17/10   |   Onegoodredhead2   |   9961 respect

kramer wrote:
 He owns the record for most TDs AND the record for most INTs...like I said, Jekyll and Hyde.

he still wins when it counts though doesnt he? all qbs are jeckly and hydes is part of being a QB,,ou are only as good as the pople you have to play with

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

 OMG the Geico commercial with Elmer Fudd cracks me up no matter how many times I see it.

1/17/10   |   Onegoodredhead2   |   9961 respect

wrote:
ROMO HOW DOES THAT TURF TASTE? 6 SACKS LOL!!! SO SAD

bad form...... tisk

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

wrote:
Why don't you ask Big Ben that SAME QUESTION?  Oh that's right, he's been vacationing in Cabo for the past two weeks while the Cowboys and Tony Romo were STILL playing football. Why don'y you stick to your own bandwagon and get off the Vikings?

HOORAY VIKINGS, COWBOYS LOSE!  It's called picking who you want to win when YOUR team is out of the playoffs, she just happens to dislike the Cowboys more than the Vikings.

1/17/10   |   Onegoodredhead2   |   9961 respect

Onegoodredhead2 wrote:
oh and farve still owns how many records inthe NFL?  bad anology

i know that. thus i mentioned that earlier in a post...

1/17/10   |     |   106 respect

ROMO HOW DOES THAT TURF TASTE? 6 SACKS LOL!!! SO SAD

1/17/10   |   Joe_L   |   12371 respect


Will Revis Island collect another member?

1/17/10   |   Joe_L   |   12371 respect

Onegoodredhead2 wrote:
oh and farve still owns how many records inthe NFL?  bad anology

Yea the most career INT record is on of them.

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

Onegoodredhead2 wrote:
oh and farve still owns how many records inthe NFL?  bad anology

 He owns the record for most TDs AND the record for most INTs...like I said, Jekyll and Hyde.

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

Onegoodredhead2 wrote:
no i am speaking from watching his numbers and stats improve with MUCH less talent.....

Those fans sure aren't fans of other teams, because I hear more about how he's a bit overrated as opposed to "he's getting better."  Seriously, let it go, cause Eli has absolutely nothing to do with today's games.

1/17/10   |   Onegoodredhead2   |   9961 respect

Onegoodredhead2 wrote:
no i am speaking from watching his numbers and stats improve with MUCH less talent.....

oh and farve still owns how many records inthe NFL?  bad anology

1/17/10   |   Onegoodredhead2   |   9961 respect

kramer wrote:
He had a sort of year in 2009 like we've grown accustomed to seeing from Brett Favre, Jekyll and Hyde.  If you call that "improving," suit yourself.  You're not speaking to ignorance, you're letting your love for the Giants cloud your judgment, now let's all watch the second game.

no i am speaking from watching his numbers and stats improve with MUCH less talent.....

1/17/10   |   Onegoodredhead2   |   9961 respect

wrote:
 vikings arent moving until 2011

yes an i hope its to the new LA arena!!:)

1/17/10   |   zzj000   |   388 respect

wrote:
Congrats all around to the Vikings and their TRUE fans... They just handed my team a solid ass-whooping and deserve all the accolades that they can get!

Well said Vinnie. Class act.

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

Onegoodredhead2 wrote:
i cant speak to ignorance...... eli's numbers have only gotten better even though he played with 2 1st time starting WR's and 2 RB who had severe inuries..Brandon had 2 surgeries last week, Bradshaw having surgery on 2 feet causehe had b4roken bones in both....Seubert had a complete shoulder reconstruction Nicks is having hand surgery we had a 3rd and 4th string secndary and a n awful Dc (oh he got fired whqt a shock)..think what you willeli has improved and has been in the playoff and won division ,conference and superbowl championships...I rest my case ,oh and i did say Brees was the best of that class i didnt argue tht at all....and rivers is an excellent QB as well.....no denying...

He had a sort of year in 2009 like we've grown accustomed to seeing from Brett Favre, Jekyll and Hyde.  If you call that "improving," suit yourself.  You're not speaking to ignorance, you're letting your love for the Giants cloud your judgment, now let's all watch the second game.

1/17/10   |   Onegoodredhead2   |   9961 respect

Joe_L wrote:
Much respect Vin, your the first Cowboy fan to Congratulate the Vikings.

vin i feel your pain.......:(  i know you love your cowboys as much as i love my gmen......Romo has much time to grow  we saw him grow leaps and bounds this season!

1/17/10   |   Joe_L   |   12371 respect

wrote:
Congrats all around to the Vikings and their TRUE fans... They just handed my team a solid ass-whooping and deserve all the accolades that they can get!

Much respect Vin, your the first Cowboy fan to Congratulate the Vikings.

1/17/10   |   Onegoodredhead2   |   9961 respect

kramer wrote:
 There's no way he's right under Brees.  Drew Brees is MILES ahead of Eli.  I suggest you go back and watch that playoff run, and watch how he's played since then, and you'll see that you're overrating him tremendously.

i cant speak to ignorance...... eli's numbers have only gotten better even though he played with 2 1st time starting WR's and 2 RB who had severe inuries..Brandon had 2 surgeries last week, Bradshaw having surgery on 2 feet causehe had b4roken bones in both....Seubert had a complete shoulder reconstruction Nicks is having hand surgery we had a 3rd and 4th string secndary and a n awful Dc (oh he got fired whqt a shock)..think what you willeli has improved and has been in the playoff and won division ,conference and superbowl championships...I rest my case ,oh and i did say Brees was the best of that class i didnt argue tht at all....and rivers is an excellent QB as well.....no denying...

1/17/10   |   elevenbravo138again   |   1163 respect

Your best shot is the Vikings if they can run the ball next week.

1/17/10   |   Joe_L   |   12371 respect

Who Will Snap First? Favre Or The Cowboys Romo?  There fixed.

1/17/10   |     |   881 respect

kramer wrote:
Well they gave the Metrodome a proper send-off.

 vikings arent moving until 2011

1/17/10   |   Onegoodredhead2   |   9961 respect

Prince is a happy guy right now!!! andi love working with him!!! such a sweetie!!

1/17/10   |   Onegoodredhead2   |   9961 respect

wrote:
I know the Vikings seem to play alot better at home....BUT.... Drew Brees has to be a little nervous watching this beatdown the Vikings D is putting on Dallas. New Orleans' offensive line IS NOT as good the one Dallas puts on the field and the Minnesota front 4 are dominating them and making Romo's day a nightmare.

the N/O Vikes shold be a great game..i wouldnt bet that game at all!! 2 very good teams and QB's and players!!!  that will be a nail biter for sure!! Either team can win and ill be fine with the outcome  but would like to see favre and Peyton square off

1/17/10   |     |   2745 respect

The Cowboys just got there a$$ handed to them!  What a great game.

1/17/10   |   Onegoodredhead2   |   9961 respect

Onegoodredhead2 wrote:
With little brother out im rooting for big brother Manning all the way!!

Only next to Joe montana Peyton is the best QB of all time!!

1/17/10   |   Onegoodredhead2   |   9961 respect

wrote:
yea...... neither of them are my favorite team....... They don't match up to Payton manning

With little brother out im rooting for big brother Manning all the way!!

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

Onegoodredhead2 wrote:
Think what you want.. but i suggest you re wach that game and watch how well eli handled the pressure in the pocket and ummm who do youthink madethose big plays????/  E L I!!!!!  He is all that,,and  i would rank himright under brees,and a tie with big ben and rivers

 There's no way he's right under Brees.  Drew Brees is MILES ahead of Eli.  I suggest you go back and watch that playoff run, and watch how he's played since then, and you'll see that you're overrating him tremendously.

1/17/10   |   zzj000   |   388 respect

3 Blowouts done.... 1 to go.   3 1/2 hrs before the J E T S Jets Jets Jets pack up and go fishin.

1/17/10   |   Onegoodredhead2   |   9961 respect

kramer wrote:
He really didn't play all that great in the Super Bowl, and let's be honest, that SB run in '07, the rest of the team carried Eli through the playoffs.  I know you're a diehard Giants fan, but unfortunately the truth hurts sometimes, and Eli is NOT "all that."  Out of the 3 QBs from the class of 2004, he's the bottom of the 3.

Think what you want.. but i suggest you re wach that game and watch how well eli handled the pressure in the pocket and ummm who do youthink madethose big plays????/  E L I!!!!!  He is all that,,and  i would rank himright under brees,and a tie with big ben and rivers

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

Well they gave the Metrodome a proper send-off.

1/17/10   |   Onegoodredhead2   |   9961 respect

me too jess !! Big brother Manning!!!!!:)

1/17/10   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

Onegoodredhead2 wrote:
kramer? seriously? Eli's stats have gotten BETTER withmuch less!  not to mention he made playoffs 5 yrs in a row oh and who beat the undefeated New England PATS in the superbowl???? your comment holds NO WATER

He really didn't play all that great in the Super Bowl, and let's be honest, that SB run in '07, the rest of the team carried Eli through the playoffs.  I know you're a diehard Giants fan, but unfortunately the truth hurts sometimes, and Eli is NOT "all that."  Out of the 3 QBs from the class of 2004, he's the bottom of the 3.

1/17/10   |   Joe_L   |   12371 respect

#4 to Shaincoe. 34-3

1/17/10   |  

yea...... neither of them are my favorite team....... They don't match up to Payton manning

1/17/10   |   zzj000   |   388 respect

I know the Vikings seem to play alot better at home....BUT.... Drew Brees has to be a little nervous watching this beatdown the Vikings D is putting on Dallas. New Orleans' offensive line IS NOT as good the one Dallas puts on the field and the Minnesota front 4 are dominating them and making Romo's day a nightmare.

1/17/10   |   Onegoodredhead2   |   9961 respect

kramer? seriously? Eli's stats have gotten BETTER withmuch less!  not to mention he made playoffs 5 yrs in a row oh and who beat the undefeated New England PATS in the superbowl???? your comment holds NO WATER