Andy Reid will coach his new team against his old team in a matchup of rejuvenated offenses and surprisingly potent offenses.
Here are my picks for this week's NFL games. Feel free to post your picks in the comment section below.
Thursday, 8:25 p.m., NFL Network
- Eagles 30, Chiefs 24 -- The Eagles' uptempo offense will prove to be a little too much for the Chiefs on the road, and Andy Reid's old team will get their first win against their longtime head coach.
- Chargers 23, Titans 19 -- Aside from blowing it at the end of the Texans game, Philip Rivers has actually been pretty good. And the Titans offense is kind of a disgrace. Chris Johnson is a model of inefficiency.
- Vikings 17, Browns 13 -- Brian Hoyer will replace the injured Brandon Weeden, a curious move since the Browns had Jason Campbell as their backup. Has Campbell looked THAT bad in practice?
- Ravens 20, Texans 17 -- The defending Super Bowl champs will improve to 2-0 with stifling defense against Matt Schaub, Arian Foster and the Texans.
- Packers 31, Bengals 17 -- Andy Dalton look less than impressive against the Steelers, who are by all indications a terrible football team right now. Aaron Rodgers, on the other hand, is the best QB in football. This could be a route.
- Cowboys 24, Rams 20 -- Once again, Tony Romo and the Cowboys should be able to hold serve in JerryWorld.
- Patriots 23, Buccaneers 13 -- The Patriots haven't been playing well at all, particularly by New England standards, but they could still end up going 3-0 thanks to some extremely fortunate early season scheduling.
- Saints 38, Cardinals 24 -- Saints fantasy players should be a solid play this week. The Cardinals gave up a combined 49 points in weeks 1 and 2 against far inferior offenses. The Saints should have a field day.
- Lions 27, Redskins 20 -- The Redskins have been about as bad as any team I've ever seen in the first half. If they can avoid digging themselves into a huge hole, perhaps they'll have a chance. But the Lions should be able to strike quickly.
- Giants 23, Panthers 16 -- The Giants are just too good of a team to start the season 0-3.
- Falcons 27, Dolphins 17 -- The Dolphins' home opener is a tough one, going up against the Falcons, who have one of the strongest offensive attacks we've seen in a long time.
- Jets 13, Bills 10 -- This will be an ugly matchup of AFC East also-rans, starring a pair of rookie quarterbacks. The defenses might score more than the offenses in this one. The Jets get the slight nod, only because they're at home.
- 49ers 33, Colts 20 -- The 49ers are looking to regain a bit of dignity, after leaving it on the field in Seattle last week. The Colts will play the unsuspecting victim.
- Seahawks 37, Jaguars 10 -- In a matchup between arguably the best and worst teams in the NFL, this one should be a laugher.
- Bears 24, Steelers 17 -- The Steelers have looked awful this year so far, and the Bears aren't the idea team to rebound against.
- Broncos 873485702, Raiders 2 -- Remember when primetime games were supposed to be something special? When they were supposed to feature a couple really good teams battling it out? What happened to those days?
Let us know which teams you think will be victorious in Week 3.