NFL Week 7 Game Recaps

The Fan Cave: Week 7 Game Recaps From the Armchair

10/21/13 in NFL   |   Jess   |   34625 respect

Blog Photo - NFL Week 7 Game RecapsWelcome to our "From the Armchair" recap hub! If you haven't seen the From the Armchair articles yet, this series is akin to a Monday Morning Quarterback or Armchair Quarterback, where we see a fan's perspective on their team's game that week.

Simply click the link below for the team whose article you'd like to read.

TNF:
Seattle Seahawks @ Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals by Kenne

Sunday Games:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Atlanta Falcons
- Bucs by Smokesfan
- Falcons by kobe_lova and beaneaters

Cincinnati Bengals @ Detroit Lions

Buffalo Bills @ Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots @ New York Jets
- Jets by GFortier
- Patriots by ironhead_mike

Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles
- Cowboys by billywa
- Eagles by PhillyGenius82

Chicago Bears @ Washington Redskins
- Redskins by JenX63
- Bears by Nick_L

St. Louis Rams @ Carolina Panthers

San Diego Chargers @ Jacksonville Jaguars

San Francisco 49ers @ Tennessee Titans

Cleveland Browns @ Green Bay Packers
- Browns by sisyphus1992
- Packers by kantwistaye

Houston Texans @ Kansas City Chiefs
- Chiefs by Dan_B
- Texans by ms_hippie_queen

Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers
- Steelers by Joe_L

Denver Broncos @ Indianapolis Colts

MNF:
Minnesota Vikings @ New York Giants

Bye Week:
New Orleans Saints
Oakland Raiders

I will continue to update this article as the From the Armchair articles come pouring in. Enjoy!
Notify me by email about comments that follow mine. Preview

10/22/13   |   JenX63   |   32630 respect

Eric_ wrote:
No, it's a nonexistent problem in reality that only exists in the minds of imbecilic dudebros who are mad they can't glorify violence like it's 1975 anymore.

Seriously, is football really *less* violent?

lol at "dudebros"

idk if it is less violent, i just know that the rules gooda** is coming up with isn't helping matters.
as for glorifying violence isn't that what "boxing" does or the mma....i get your point, i just don't have any answers.....

10/22/13   |   Eric_   |   7716 respect

JenX63 wrote:
well now! the "wussification" is a totally different problem  indecision

No, it's a nonexistent problem in reality that only exists in the minds of imbecilic dudebros who are mad they can't glorify violence like it's 1975 anymore.

Seriously, is football really *less* violent?

10/21/13   |   JenX63   |   32630 respect

Eric_ wrote:
Well, in theory leg injuries aren't as bad long-term as head injuries, or even short-term (see: Finley, Jermichael). Is that because of the new rules (designed to cover the NFL's ass, and not out of concern for player safety, because we know they don't care)? Maybe, but such is life. The problem long-term is while you can make it better, you can't get head shots out of the game entirely, especially in the trenches, so what do you do long-term? That's what the NFL is running scared about concussions (sort of).

Of course, there's no proof any fans actually care about concussions, since most just complain about the "wussification" of football. I say most fans don't care at all about the players as people for a reason.

well now! the "wussification" is a totally different problem  indecision

10/21/13   |   Eric_   |   7716 respect

Jess wrote:
1 - it was REALLY bad yesterday for some reason. 
2 - a lot of these rules they're implementing for player safety, I think are having the reverse effect. Now defensive players are aiming low because they're afraid of getting fined, and look how many knee injuries we're seeing...I don't know if that's a little "conspiracy theorist" or not, but it sure seems to be an issue.
3 - I think that injuries have always been an issue, but we see so much more about them now with all of the media coverage around the league anymore.

Well, in theory leg injuries aren't as bad long-term as head injuries, or even short-term (see: Finley, Jermichael). Is that because of the new rules (designed to cover the NFL's ass, and not out of concern for player safety, because we know they don't care)? Maybe, but such is life. The problem long-term is while you can make it better, you can't get head shots out of the game entirely, especially in the trenches, so what do you do long-term? That's what the NFL is running scared about concussions (sort of).

Of course, there's no proof any fans actually care about concussions, since most just complain about the "wussification" of football. I say most fans don't care at all about the players as people for a reason.

10/21/13   |   JenX63   |   32630 respect

Jess wrote:
1 - it was REALLY bad yesterday for some reason. 
2 - a lot of these rules they're implementing for player safety, I think are having the reverse effect. Now defensive players are aiming low because they're afraid of getting fined, and look how many knee injuries we're seeing...I don't know if that's a little "conspiracy theorist" or not, but it sure seems to be an issue.
3 - I think that injuries have always been an issue, but we see so much more about them now with all of the media coverage around the league anymore.

you mean 'gooda**", i am starting to wonder if he is related to Mike Helton (nascar reference) he seems to be making things worse....

10/21/13   |   Jess   |   34625 respect

JenX63 wrote:
You know? I don't know if I am more "tuned" in this year or what, but there seems to be an exhorbitant amount of injuries this year. Season ending, even maybe some career ending. It puts a tinge on watching for me. I never thought of football as "dangerous", but it is quickly climbing the ladder in my mind.
(Edited by Jess)

1 - it was REALLY bad yesterday for some reason. 
2 - a lot of these rules they're implementing for player safety, I think are having the reverse effect. Now defensive players are aiming low because they're afraid of getting fined, and look how many knee injuries we're seeing...I don't know if that's a little "conspiracy theorist" or not, but it sure seems to be an issue.
3 - I think that injuries have always been an issue, but we see so much more about them now with all of the media coverage around the league anymore.

10/21/13   |   JenX63   |   32630 respect

You know? I don't know if I am more "tuned" in this year or what, but there seems to be an exhorbitant amount of injuries this year. Season ending, even maybe some career ending. It puts a tinge on watching for me. I never thought of football as "dangerous", but it is quickly climbing the ladder in my mind.