Today's blog goodness
1. Say no to Brett Favre.
2. Matt Jones got caught with nose candy.
3. Big-10 versus Pac-10 to start off the college football season? Man, that would be awesome.
4. Reffing a soccer match will make anyone a drunk.
5. So, wait a second, the Lakers won the NBA Championship this year?
Today's other site goodness
1. This NCAA logos quiz was ridiculously hard for me. But that might be because I like pro sports better, or because I'm stupid. Either way, take it and see how you do.
2. Remember that one legged kid from Kentucky who plays baseball? He's back and kicking some major butt.
3. Rich Harden is making his first Cubs start against my pathetic Giants on Saturday. How will he do?
Tonight's TV goodness
There's nothing like WNBA basketball and low grade soccer! Sweet.
Motor sports: NASCAR Sprint Cup, practice for LifeLock.com 400, in Joliet, Ill. (5 p.m., Speed); NASCAR Nationwide Series, final practice for Dollar General 300, in Joliet (7 p.m., ESPN2); NASCAR Sprint Cup, LifeLock.com 400 pole qualifying (8:30 p.m., Speed)
Soccer: MLS, Chivas USA at Los Angeles (11 p.m., ESPN2)
WNBA: Los Angeles at Sacramento (9 p.m., ESPN2)