One Step Closer
THE SHOW (2-2 last night and 8-5 so far for the week)
BUTTA (1-1 last night and 2-4 so far for the week)
1. REDS (LATOS -260) over Mets (Matsuzaka) - I realize that just because a team needs to win doesn't mean they will, but we're in one of my favorite spots here: What should be a fully motivated home team with their ace taking the bump in the deciding game of a series. Even at this time of year, and maybe especially at this time of year, this is the right angle.
2. Pirates (Liriano -190) over CUBS (ARRIETA) - I'm not at all worried about the Pirates going for the sweep today. They've got their ace going, and the Cubbies look like a team that doesn't have any real desire to be involved.
3. INDIANS (SALAZAR -300) over White Sox (Axelrod) - The Sox are in the same position and mindset as their Chicago bretheren from the Northside. They've also lost 16 of the 18 games in this series this season.
4. ANGELS (WEAVER -130) over Athletics (Straily) - This is the only game on the list that really doesn't mean anything to either team. Or does it? The Halos have been closing fairly strong this month, and it seems like they're bent on finishing the season at .500. We all know Weaver is the ace that is close to unbeatable at home. He's also 12-7 lifetime against the A's, and this is the Angels last home game of the season. It's solid science. HA!
ON THE CUTTING ROOM FLOOR
I'm not going to list any game here "officially", but what happens in some of the above games could have a real bearing on other games on the schedule. All of my BUTTA today will be contested this afternoon, and depending on the outcome of those games, there might be something to think about with the RANGERS. And if the Indians win their game, the MARINERS might be worth a look. If Cleveland loses, I think the Royals find a way tonight. Just food for thought.
BRROMOLOGY (5-3 ATS & 4-4 SU so far for the week)
Road Dog (4-2 & 3-3 so far for the week)
Astros (+1 1/2) at RANGERS
Road Favorite (no situations so far this week)
Nationals (-1 1/2) over CARDINALS
Home Dog (1-0 ATS & SU so far for the week)
CUBS (+1 1/2) vs. Pirates
RUN-(NING) LINES (7-8 ATS/5-10 SU/12-3 TOTALS last night and 19-24/17-22/26-17 so far for the week)
1. Blue Jays (+1 1/2, U8) at ORIOLES
2. White Sox (+1 1/2, U7 1/2) at INDIANS
3. Rays (-1 1/2, U7 1/2) over YANKEES
4. Tigers (-1 1/2, U7 1/2) over TWINS
5. Athletics (+1 1/2, U7 1/2) at ANGELS
6. Royals (-1 1/2, U6 1/2) over MARINERS
7. RANGERS (-1 1/2, U9) over Astros
8. Brewers (+1 1/2, U7 1/2) at BRAVES
9. Pirates (-1 1/2, U6 1/2) over CUBS
10. MARLINS (+1 1/2, U7) vs. Phillies
11. Mets (+1 1/2, U8) at REDS
12. Nationals (+1 1/2, U7 1/2) at CARDINALS
13. D-Backs (+1 1/2, U7) at PADRES
14. GIANTS (+1 1/2, U7 1/2) vs. Dodgers
15. ROCKIES (+1 1/2, O9 1/2) vs. Red Sox
Lots of irons in the fire today, but hey, if the opportunities are there, I'm not going to pass on them. Have a great Hump Day, and I'll see you tomorrow.